sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The best thing that has happened is that I no longer get SO hungry that I feel like I am starving and have to eat a cheeseburger right away or suffer a horrible death. Tha's what being hungry has felt like for the last three years. Now when I get hungry it feels a lot more normal and it never involves McDonalds. -- peazazz

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Candies  (Read 3523 times)

buxi

• www.sldbuxi.blogspot.com
Candies
« on: June 20, 2008, 06:55:31 am »

Hi! i am new here, i am Portuguese ( sorry about my English) and i like doing myself experiments to try if they really work too.
One of my experiments for stopping cravings for food was sucking a candy everytime i have craves with a bottle of water.
 I noticed that my appetite really decreased. So i started searching in the internet for someone with a similar experience and i found Shangri-la diet.
Probably are thinking that the candy as flavour, but i noticed that i really didn't like much the candy, maybe it works when the flavor isn't good for our taste.The similar think i found is that you take time to eat a candy ( about 10 minutes) because i suck it not bite it, in similar way you take the water with the sugar, not triggering the insulin levels as if i toke it fast.
My diet as been like this: breakfast, lunch and dinner, nothing between ( that was impossible for me some time ago) and i lost some weight.
Did anyone tried candies instead of sugar in water?

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
Re: Candies
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 07:18:20 am »

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

finally after 2 years I'm not the only Portuguese around  :lol:

Hmm why am I laughing, I'm not in a good mood (for soccer-related reasons)  :x

Buxi... welcome... so happy you joined us..   8)  8)  8)

I'd always heard that a mint candy stops cravings (rebuçado de mentol). But as I had been brainwashed against sweets, I never really tried hard. But, we have our own thread about making flavorless candy  :D maybe you want to take a look  :D

These days, I've been combining the anti-estrogenic diet with SLD (oilmilk). As a result I just have lunch and dinner - the oilmilk acts as breakfast.

Keep posting, please please please  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 07:22:49 am »

Duh, forgot to post the link:

http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=6214.0

i never made those bec I don't have a candy thermometer or corn syrup... I don't know where to get them.
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

buxi

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 07:35:31 am »

Olá Pinkmug!!;) Now we are two Portuguese, but i live in Dublin, Ireland.
I am sad to about the game:( but well, i found this forum with a theme i enjoy so its a good thing today :)

I already bought the book from amazon but he didn't arrived yet:( i am very curious, i have been reading articles in the internet.

Thank you for the link:) i have already though about making my own unflavored candies, but my laziness make me buy "not so tasty" candies!lol!

The good think is that i have been eating foods i like, not that traditional diabolic veggies without flavor, just normal rice or pasta with fish or meat.But with the help of candies i eat small portions. Kind of like my stomach became small! I even eat a wooper from Burger King some days ago ( when Portugal played :P) and i didn't gain any weight.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 08:09:29 am »

Coincidence... I have a brother living in Dublin since last December...  :D I already knew you were there, because I peek into your profile I must confess, and I found out your blog. Very interesting blog you got there.
So, you can try Kacey's hard candy recipe. I suppose you don't have a problem with insulin resistance, or else I'd advise you try oil / oilmilk / noseclipped calories. You see, since Seth's book came out, we have found new twists on how to take flavorless calories. You'll get plenty of suggestions here! but reading the book is a good idea, to understand the theory.
Anyway, the candies seem to be working for you, since you notice you're eating less at meals. Have you got a lot of weight to lose? I just need to lose my waist spare tire... it's been hard... and then tone my whole body. Fortunately I like veggies - but i like pasta, rice and bread too  :D and I've found out that, to lose e.g. 1 kg in a month, I have to lose 2 kg in the first 2 weeks of my cycle, bec PMS makes me regain 1 kg.  :(

Oh, I just re-checked your blog again, you have 11 kg to lose! And you already lost 11! Not bad - how did you do it?? Not bad at all! I'm now at 59 kg, so we're almost in the same place. But you want to get to 50? Are you shortie, may I ask?  :D

Gotta run; will talk to you later  :D Bem-vinda!! Boa sorte!!  :D

buxi

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 08:51:17 am »

yes i lost that kilograms but not with this diet. The candy just started one week a go. I am short yes :) I used to make a 1000 calorie diet a day, now i am not really counting but maybe between 1000 and 1200. One thing i do and helps me is eating in some days eggs in morning.

Heidi 555

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 10:17:38 am »

Hi buxi and welcome.  I think that hard candy can be satisfying because it gives a lot of flavor and sweetness over a long period of time with very few calories.  Other treats can be loaded calories, and then disappear in a moment and leave you hungering for more.  That's great that it's working so well for you!
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 09:44:57 pm »

Welcome Buxi!
best of luck with your weight loss.

i agree with what Heidi says!!  if i make myself suck sweeties at least i overcome my craving for choccies.  i buy tubes of fruit sweets and cut them  in half so i won't eat more than 4 at a go.  often enough i give 2 to my boy.  sometimes i suck sugar free 'halls' (mentho lyptus sweets) 

sorry about the football pinkmug!!

buxi

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 07:30:13 am »

Hi Nougat,
tks you for you kind words :)
I decided not to  eat nothing with "sugar free" on labels because they usually have aspartame and i read that increases your appetite in 40%. I remember when i used to drink diet coke or any candies with aspartame i have much more craves. Besides 15 calories for a candy with sugar is not that bad :)

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 12:31:33 pm »

i agree about the sugar free - but cos of my teeth i prefer them at night or when i can't brush !!! and they taste quite bad so i never take more than 1!

buxi

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 02:14:12 pm »

Thats a great idea! :D

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 02:18:05 am »

Me too, I was a great fan of aspartame and such when it made its appearance in the market, but dumped it long ago (one year or so) when I realized it was no good for weight loss. In fact I was eating 3 or 4 sugar-free yogurts instead of a regular one...  :shock:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18