Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Pets

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Pets  (Read 38249 times)

sleddogs

Re: Pets
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2009, 05:52:27 PM »

Here's a picture of photo op that we were doing for Operation Christmas Child   http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/index/

Pic

http://i26.tinypic.com/21mw6pv.jpg

This picture was taken in early November to go in the local newspapers to promote the charity drive. That's why no snow.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2009, 09:01:25 PM »

goblyn, VK and sleddogs  you have lovely pets!!!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2009, 02:52:29 AM »

Hahhh cute dogs and cats... Goblyn one of my cats I most miss (and he died 23 years ago!!) was a tabby whose mother was siamese. We named him Châbichou Toots de Groots dos Santos Motta, and Bichou for short. People used to laugh at his full name (they didn't know yours yet) LOL I have to dig a pic of him, he was gorgeous.
When I came back from Africa after living there 3 years, me and my then BF brought a cat, a monkey and a parrot with us. Yes a monkey.. I'll dig pics too, he was so cute.
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2009, 03:00:22 AM »

:D
yes please pink!!

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2009, 08:43:25 AM »

Monkeys disturb me!  Especially when people dress them in people clothes, they look like deformed hairy children! 

I'm weird, I know, but I honestly don't find them adorable like everyone else seems to!  The Omen scared the bejeezus out of me when I was a kid, especially the baboon part (or were they mandrills?) so I've been scarred for life.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2009, 09:19:31 AM »

my youngest son is the same (he's never seen THE OMEN)  but he just doesn't like primates - and does not think they're cute at all!!

IndianGirl

« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2009, 10:08:23 AM »

LOLL!!
Goblyn, your story about your cat's preferences reminded me about my parents' interactions with my cats.
I love cats...when I was living with my parents, I had many cats as pets. My dad loves cats and likes to pet them, but all my cats always kept away from him. My mom is wary of animals, but when forced to live with pets, she develops compassion towards house pets and will care for them...she abhors physical contact with pets, but my cats always loved being close to her...they sneaked up to her for a rub and she would shoo them off, yet they clearly loved her.

I feel apart from words and actions, cats base their relationship with humans on vibes...

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2009, 10:17:50 AM »

LOL

My monkey was like these (mona monkeys) only cuter  :D

http://cercopan.wildlifedirect.org/files/2008/01/sonic-and-biggy-crop-hm-small.jpg
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

IndianGirl

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2009, 10:27:26 AM »

Very cute!
Pink, am sure your monkey was memorable...
One of my uncles had a female monkey for a pet. monkeys make very interesting pets as they are super intelligent and super active, always curious, always upto something. She was well cared for by him, however, she never looked like a happy pet. 
I feel monkeys are not happy living with humans as they miss their own kind. (unlike dogs and cats that bond well with humans).....

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2009, 10:41:41 AM »

Memorable he was! He was sweet but not to be trusted. Once he gave me a bite in my arm and it hurt like hell.
One minute he was cuddly, raising his arms and head for us to cuddle him, the next minute he'd throw a tantrum out of the blue. And he was angry and scary those times!... Also he made a mess with poop and pee and food and... We had him for almost two years but then I got pregnant with DS, and it was too much work and mess for us. We donated him to the zoo. Funny, I love primates, I never miss a documentary about chimps and gorillas when I find one.

The parrot was memorable too... spoke and sang like a human. Once I got so scared, I woke up and heard two people speaking in the living room. One had a high pitch voice. When I get up to look, it was the parrot (Jacó) and I realized he was mimicking my BF and me... Sometimes he mimicked the cat, too, a parrot mewoing is really funny. Jacó was an african grey parrot, those with a red tail. When I came back home I gave it to my uncle (very sorry because I was already very attached to him, but I had promised...)

IndianGirl

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2009, 10:57:32 AM »

... Also he made a mess with poop and pee and food and...

Yes, my uncle's monkey was also like this....she made big messes all the time....if she pooped she would curiously handle it the next moment, if she vomited, she was licking it the next moment... :shock:  :shock: which is strange, as animals generally keep away from their waste....looks like having to deal constantly with messes is a predominant feature to having a pet monkey. However, she was very adorable when given new objects...the way she handled them was very funny....best was her peeping into a tiny handheld mirror that she was often given...she soon learnt to look at it and groom herself LOLLL

shovelqueen

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2009, 11:44:09 AM »

This was taken today, just back from my run, and with Molly sitting on my laptop screen, visiting.  You can click on the pic to see it bigger.

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Ainsprid

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2009, 12:46:46 PM »

Pink and SQ, cute pics!

I think birds are amazing, I love how they mimic people (and cats apparently!)

And I love your tiny bird SQ, she's smaller than your hand isn't she? ^^
What kind of sounds does she make?

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2009, 09:37:43 PM »

pink the monkies are so cute!  and Jaco sounds adorable!!
and shove i just love your molly!

cats and vibes??? hmmm my theory is that cats are bl**dy-minded and do things purposely to annoy!!!!  you do not like touching them??  they are all over you.  you would love them to 'pick you'? - no way!!!!
of course when they want a soft lap or petting  or anything its all big eyes and miaou miaou look how sweet i am!!! :)

IndianGirl

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2009, 10:07:58 PM »

No nougat...I love cats and love to pet them, hold them and all my cats always loved me a lot and loved being close to me.  :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18