Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Pets

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pets  (Read 38227 times)

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
Re: Pets
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2011, 03:16:19 PM »

Sadly, Chrissy's new little cat has gone missing.  She had found her abandoned near where she works, and there are no houses within a five mile radius, so she opened her home to the adorable 6 month old kitten about two months ago.  Between four family members, we've sunk about a thousand dollars into that cat.  She had an eye infection that required visits to a veterinary opthamologist.  Despite being an indoor kitty who has never shown any inkling of wanting to go out, she somehow managed to escape, and has been missing for two days.  The scary part is we don't know how she got out.  It appears that someone was in Chrissy's house.  When she got home from work, a light that she normally keeps on was turned off, and the toilet seat was up.  Nothing else was missing.  Doors and windows were all secure and showed no signs of tampering.  Needless to say, the locks just got changed.

I really hope Lily shows up.  She's very sweet and loving, and has been a wonderful light in Chrissy's life.  Thoughts and prayers to help bring our sweet little Lily back would be greatly appreciated.

T-Vix

P.S.  Chrissy is doing great in the weight department.  She's down about 20 pounds and looks fabulous.  I'm so proud of her!

Sanchiaza

« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2011, 11:17:35 PM »

Oh wow, that is just too creepy for words  :shock:

I'll absolutely send thoughts and prayers for Lily's safe return.

Ainsprid

« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2011, 02:12:23 PM »

Oh dear tex .. I'm sorry to hear about little Lily! I hope she will return safely, and soon.

What a story though .. that does creep me out. I hope it didn't scare Chrissy too much?

tek_vixen

« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2011, 08:35:27 AM »

Thanks, Sanchiaza and Ainsprid.  It is pretty creepy, and we just can't come up with a rational explanation.  Lily is still missing.  We keep checking the animal shelter and the neighborhood.  Her other cat is very upset.  He keeps pacing the house meowing for his friend.  It's very sad.

T-Vix

Ainsprid

« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2011, 12:46:15 PM »

Some cats are lost for months, and then suddenly return! Cats seem to be able
to care for themselves pretty well.. so I really hope Lily will be the same.

tek_vixen

« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2011, 10:23:08 AM »

An update from the creepy zone ......  Chrissy called me at 11:30 last night saying she had just gotten an instant message from an unfamiliar screen name that said one word - BITCH!  We are more convinced than ever that someone broke into her house and took Lily.  She had an ugly incident a month ago where a co-worker accused her of getting her fired.  This wasn't true in the least.  Chrissy happened to know that she was being let go, but she had nothing to do with it.  And this was the girl whose roommate initially took Lily in for a few days, but decided she couldn't keep her long term, so Chrissy adopted her instead.  We think that this person took Lily.  Very scary and totally heartbreaking.  Chrissy is going to talk to the police today to see if there's any recourse.  But the bad thing is that this person never had a key to Chrissy's house, so she or someone she knows has the skill to break in.  Somehow we need to keep her and her other kitty safe.

T-Vix

Sanchiaza

« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2011, 09:45:35 PM »

I'm holding thumbs that there is recourse and that the police can do something. If not the police, then a lawyer. Do you think you may be able to trace the sender through the mobile phone network provider?

shovelqueen

« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2011, 03:02:39 AM »

Chrissy needs to be VERY careful!  This person sounds vindictive, even psychotic.  And the access to her personal life, her place and mobile number, is scary.  Please, please encourage her to be very careful and get the authorities involved if it goes any further.

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers...

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Ainsprid

« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2011, 01:14:21 PM »

What awful news! It really creeps me out.

I hope the police can do something, and advise her how
to keep the house safe. And hopefully find Lily as well, safe!

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2011, 10:17:06 AM »

oh no tek that is dreadful!!!
hope all are safe and sound.

tek_vixen

« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2011, 10:48:23 AM »

Still no Lily.....  We keep checking the animal shelter every other day.  And Chrissy texted the girl asking for Lily back.  Of course she denied having any knowledge, which she had to do, otherwise she would be admitting to breaking and entering Chrissy's house.  We have new (much more secure) locks on the house.  Safety is the number one priority, but we haven't given up hope that we'll get Lily back.  And if we can't, the shelter is full of adorable kitties to adopt.  This has been really hard on me - visiting the shelter, that is.  I want to take them all home.  I could so easily become "the cat lady".  LOL

T-Vix

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2011, 04:35:55 AM »

oh how sad....:(

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18