Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Pets

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Pets  (Read 38892 times)

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
Re: Pets
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2010, 12:56:21 PM »

LOL!

I really want to give Keeky a bath and take a video of it (we occasionally can't take the shedding and will bathe him just to speed things along).  He makes the most terrible noises possible.  It sounds like we're abusing babies or something, its just undescribably weird, loud, and all together hilarious.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2010, 09:01:44 PM »

you really must take that video - and post it on youtube - and give us the link !!!!:)

IndianGirl

« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2010, 10:50:36 PM »

Mostly though, he just makes me smile because he's such a bitchy cat.  LOL!

LOLL!!
hey, I think he doesnt drink water from his fountain but wants u to turn on the water coz he loves you and wants to see expressions of love from you...animals are so uncomplicated!...humans will feel shy or uncomfortable asking someone "do something for me now that shows u care", but Keeky meows "now care for me! wow, love you and love it when u care for me! com'on,  now  care for me" LOL!
I had a cat called Lupo like this...he was very affectionate, always purring and always cajoling me to do stuff for him...he would never drink or eat alone, we had to be there next to him then only would he eat. Else he would purr loudly for us to come and sit next to him so he can start eating. :)

Also, animals have great perception and they can sense who is the kinder, nurturing person and will attach to that person. For eg, all my cats always shunned my dad, though he is very interested in cats and likes to cuddle and feed them. My mom on the other hand is wary of animals and does not like physical proximity with them, but all my cats have always liked her and they go up to her and try to rub against her and she runs away. I love all animals, adore cats, love to feed and cuddle them, and all my cats have always loved me...so cats are smart enough to distinguish between external behaviour, and there are some other not-so-obvious qualities that attract them. My hunch is that they attach to the person who cared for them during an illness, or maybe has a more gentle careful loving touch, or maybe cleaned them when they were kittens...they may not really understand an act such as 'cleaning them' but a person who cares to do this will have many other subtle body language hints that the cat picks up and starts relating to this person. LOLL! dont tell ur BF this, but looks like ur cat feels that u r the one who cares for him during rough times and genuinely loves him, and Keeky may perceive your BF as a person whose affection is superficial...in fact, in future if u get another cat, then that fellow also will most likely relate most to you, as he will also receive the same 'messages' that Keeky does.  I am saying this coz all the cats that I have had over the years have invariably liked me and my mom a lot, but always treat my dad like furniture.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2010, 11:58:29 PM »

i think some people have a special touch with animals like gardening green fingers.
my mum is like that.  i am a little bit afraid of them.....ok i'm a wimp....

goblyn

« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2010, 05:56:13 AM »

Welllllllll, actually, I am not a big animal lover at all, but ALL my life, animals have always loved me.  If someone has a cat or dog who is afraid of other people or doesn't like strangers, they almost always immediately click with me, which doesn't make me terribly happy since I'm not a fan of strange animals shedding on me (i have a stray hair phobia lol).  The BF's parents have two shetland sheepdogs and they're extremely hairy little dogs, and both of them love me and won't leave me alone whenever I go over, and so I have to suck it up and deal with getting shed all over to give them some love too lol.

But that's how it goes.  My BF really is affectionate and loving, personally I think Keeky doesn't like him just because it would make ME happy if he left me alone.  But then again, he's also probably picked up on the fact that his presence in my home is directly related to how nice he is to ME (since if I really didn't like him, I could easily convince my bf to get rid of him, he had to beg me to get the cat in the first place, and used alot of devious tactics like taking me to the pet store and a local cat shelter so I could see all the sad little kitties in cages to soften me up to the idea of our own pet).

But you know if I ever decided that I actually ENJOYED animals, they'd turn on me and want nothing to do with me.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2010, 11:07:45 AM »

lol!!!

i can just imagine your bf showing you the poor little kitty kats at the shelter!!!  (his strategy worked tho :D)

personally i would prefer a dog.  unfortunately a lot of locals think it is 'kind' to feed feral cats (and all the house cats who get out)  so we have lots of 'street cats'  the problem is that after they eat they rip open garbage bags often throw up, relieve themselves in any available inch of soil,  destroy plants,  dig up flower bulbs,  spray, climb up any wall, tree or bush that they can and then leap out and scare the begeezus out of me... sigh....

IndianGirl

« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2010, 01:20:03 AM »

"Every dog must have a soul, somewhere deep inside,
Where all his hurts and grievances are buried with his pride.
Rebuked, He finds within his soul, the comfort he must seek.
He'll love, tho'he is unloved, and he'll serve tho'badly used,
And one kind word will wipe away the times when he's abused.
Altho' his heart may bre...ak in two, his love will still be whole,
Because God gave to every dog an understanding Soul!"

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2010, 01:26:27 AM »

Omg that is so beautiful IG!!! who wrote it?
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

IndianGirl

« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2010, 02:22:05 AM »

Hi Pinki, good to hear from you :-D

I dunno who wrote it, a friend of mine sent me that...

Here's another gem:
'The dog is the God of Frolic.'
:-D

Wish I could emulate dogs and be 'Altho' my heart may bre...ak in two, my love will still be whole'.....

Ainsprid

« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2010, 01:27:50 PM »

Is anyone on the SLD forum interested in fish? :D I have a 20L fishtank since a month
or two, with small fish, red shrimps and gorgeous snails (yes, they're actually pink, white
and blue!). One of the shrimps is actually pregnant and amazing to watch! :)

Sanchiaza

« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2010, 11:21:02 PM »

I gave a fishtank as a gift to my husband some years ago. We had angelfish, neons, a couple of guppies and a gorgeous... well, I thought he was gorgeous anyway... catfish that vacuumed up the algae. I nicknamed the catfish Mr Mellow as he was unhurried and relaxed, just going about his business. Well, I loved Mr Mellow so much I decided to get another catfish and overnight Mr Mellow changed personality, sneaking up on the new catfish and then flicking his tail at it to send it packing. He terrorised this poor catfish until I took it out of the tank and returned it to the fish shop and back to its original tank.

My husband really liked the neons. I always wanted Chinese Fighting Fish but apparently they get enraged by fish like neons. At the fish shop, I saw some really interesting fish called knife fish - they look like cutlery knives with little kissing lips. My vet has a huge marine tank with pretty much the entire cast of Finding Nemo in it. The tank is now empty and cluttering up my husband's study - there's a fair amount of PT involved in keeping a tank and we just didn't have the time.

Any chance of a pic of your tank? And tell us more about the little pregnant shrimp - soon you're going to have lots of baby shrimp...awwww!

Ainsprid

« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2010, 09:12:57 AM »

Wow, what a story! I'm happy to hear there's someone else here loving the fish! :lol:
What's the size of your fishtank? If it's fairly small, it doesn't need a lot of attention, but
I guess if it's pretty big, you'll need to invest more time ..

I really like having my little fishtank here, I can stare at it for hours! By the way, Saturday
I could finally show my boyfriend the pregnant shrimp ^^ he stayed the weekend, and
Sunday morning I noticed there's another pregnant shrimp! It's amazing to watch them
moving about their hind legs to give their eggs enough oxygen .. especially when you've
nearly glued your nose to the glass lol!

I'll try and take a pic soon, but my camera's out of batteries! I do have a pic of another
shrimp that was pregnant before, but I think she lost her babies .. because I think she
might've already been pregnant when I bought her (they can lose their eggs when stressed)

Here she is!

I will really have to upload a picture of the others soon though, their eggs are more obvious! :D

goblyn

« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2010, 06:07:36 PM »

Awww, so pretty.  And wow Ainsprid, that's an amazing camera to take such a clear sharp picture through the glass!

Sanchiaza

« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2010, 03:34:37 AM »

That shrimp is too cute!

Ainsprid

« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2011, 01:44:12 PM »

Yay, thanks! I'll let you know as soon as she gives birth to the little shrimplings ^^
(the pregnant shrimp that is .. this one is just wandering around the aquarium lol)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18