Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Pets

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Pets  (Read 38228 times)

karky

• Life is Good!
Pets
« on: May 07, 2008, 05:57:19 PM »

Ok Heidi555.  Here is a pet thread.  8)

My brother's great dane.  :shock:  Compared to my baby, (miniature schnauzer) who only had a top weight of 19 lbs.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

norwaygirl

Re: Pets
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 06:19:35 PM »

I love it! I'll be back with one as soon as I can figure out how to post a picture.

VeganKitten

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 07:59:43 PM »

This is Doot:

This is Ounin... I've had him since he was born, and he turns 15 this year. An older gentleman!

Doot was a shelter cat, she's about 5 now. She's very playful, here she's pretending to be completely wild  :lol:

lvivianka

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 08:51:54 PM »

great animals. I have to figure out how to post image. any help?

Maychi

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 02:01:52 AM »

Oh, I may not want to post a picture of me, but I'll gladly post one of our Nelly. She's much more photogenic than me. :)

I'm not sure that this will work, it doesn't display the picture when I click on preview. Let's see...

Maychi

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 02:03:44 AM »

Oh, I may not want to post a picture of me, but I'll gladly post one of our Nelly. She's much more photogenic than me. :)

I'm not sure that this will work, it doesn't display the picture when I click on preview. Let's see...

It obviously didn't work. I tried to link a picture from facebook. Any ideas where I went wrong?

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 03:23:09 AM »

I upload my pictures to Flikr, click on sizes, pick the size I want, when it loads there is an URL under it,
and I copy and paste the URL here and surround it with the image link-ie box above the emoticons, 2nd from the left.

good luck.

Maychi

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 04:47:54 AM »

Karky, thank you! I think it'll work now.

So, here's our Nelly on the ferry to the island of Mljet in Croatia last summer:

And here she's getting a bit of a suntan and a well deserved rest from hunting lizards on the beach:

Heidi 555

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 04:58:03 AM »

Thanks Karky for starting this thread!  Great pictures everyone!  I hope people also post endearing anecdotes about their pets.  

Oh, I may not want to post a picture of me, but I'll gladly post one of our Nelly. She's much more photogenic than me.
Lot's of folks probably feel this way!

This thread might get my husband to join.  He loves to show off our baby.  

It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

VeganKitten

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 07:34:22 AM »

I joke around with my cat Billy, that we're both on diets.  He doesn't have to wear nose clips, but he's always hungry.  He's finally lost some weight, but his stretched out belly still swings from side to side when he runs.  He makes fat look cute.
(Heidi555)

Ounin also has that droopy belly skin, we call it his "jungle pouch" and it wabbles from side to side when he's in a hurry  :lol: :lol:

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 09:40:17 AM »

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Cats and dogs I love them alll
While I don't post mine check my youtubes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixFRwHhV8DA and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx0d8DpdxdU (some of you did already) and when I can I'll scan photos of my late pets... cats.  8)
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

norwaygirl

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 10:56:27 AM »

Here's Gracie:

As you can see, the bed is kind of her home base. It's hard to make my bed, actually, because as soon as she hears me move the sheets or blankets, she'll jump up into it.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 02:51:23 PM »

Norwaygirl,  I think your baby thinks that the bed belongs to her.  What a lovely picture.  I love the rosy color.

Maychi, your baby looks so laid back.  My little Marcus was a little obsessive-compulsive, and barked his head off everywhere we went. 
Unlike my brother's great dane Samson, nothing seems to surprise him.  He is a little slobbery, too.  :lol:  Checks to see what you are doing and wipes his mouth off on your sleeve.  :shock: :lol:

VeganKitten, your black kitty looks very zen.  Too bad we can't have kitties (asthma)

Heidi 555

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 03:22:31 PM »

Oh my god Gracie is adorable.  My what a big baby you have!  I can see how she attracts a lot of attention when you go out. 

All of you others are mighty handsome, too.  I don't mean to slight anyone.

Norwaygirl,  I think your baby thinks that the bed belongs to her.
My cat Billy thinks that my bed is his.  I use to try to convince him it was mine.  But now I've given up and refer to it as his: "Billy, I'm making your bed now, and I've rearranged the pillows like you like them."  Cats have a way of getting their way.  They think humans are their servants.  Maybe they are the superior intelligence anyhow. 
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

shovelqueen

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 03:58:45 PM »

Nothing with fur or feathers in my house, due to DH and DS having asthma-reaction type allergies.  This creature lives in a 2x3 foot tank in my son's room.  He is what those cute little green turtles grow up to be, if given good care.  His name is Herbie, and he is about the size of a lucheon plate. 

"Strength, balance, joy!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18