Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Carapelli Light In Taste

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carapelli Light In Taste  (Read 5012 times)

rs-px

Carapelli Light In Taste
« on: May 07, 2008, 05:42:05 AM »

Hmmm.... As mentioned elsewhere, I'm seeing moderate AS on 4tbs a day, but it's not lasting into the evening, when I find my hunger comes back with a vengeance.

I've been using Carapelli Light in Taste Olive Oil and a quick search of the forum shows that I'm only the second person to do so :) I bought it because it was clear, as Seth Roberts recommends. It's also about twice the price of the Bertolli oil, and I thought that was a good sign.  :roll:

I wonder if this oil is also "lower in calories" than other mild-tasting olive oils? And I wonder if that's why it's not working so well for me?

Has anybody been able to discover the mojo that makes certain oils work better for SLD?

karky

• Life is Good!
Re: Carapelli Light In Taste
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 05:50:05 AM »

some people on here swear by Bertolli, but it gives me a stomach ache, DH can't stand the taste.
DH can't stand Walmart brand eloo, while I like it OK.
I can't stand Meijer brand eloo, DH likes it.
The only one we agree on is Filipo Berrio.
So it could just be your particular metabolism doesn't like that kind as much.
or not.
I only speculate here, it is hard to say, since everyone's bodies run a little differently.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 08:04:16 AM »

rs-px, I've been using the Carapelli since I started SLD in September of 2006.  I don't think it's the particular brand of oil, necessarily, that's causing your issues.  It has the same number of calories as other oils.  You could try a different brand.  Maybe it would have less taste.  I plug my nose while I drink it to make sure I'm not tasting anything.  The thing I find when the hunger monster attacks in the evening, is that I've usually had too many refined carbs during the day.  You might want to make sure you're getting a good amount of protein and watch the refined carbs.  That usually does the trick for me.  The other thing I do is noseclip some cottage cheese and eggs if I'm really having problems with appetite control.  That will fill me up and give me some lasting AS.

Lots of things to try.  Try them one at a time so that you have a good idea of what works.  Good luck!

T-Vix

rs-px

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 12:25:32 AM »

Nose clipping is to be my next experiment and one is on its way to me. I already eat a high protein diet although I'm vegetarian, so my choices are limited a little, and carb creeps into the diet no matter how hard I try.

This morning I tried switching to the Bertoli oil that people seem to recommend here. I took it this morning and my stomach reacted, churning a little and making me feel queasy. This is after just under two weeks (almost an entire bottle) of the Carapelli oil.

So clearly my stomach has reacted differently, and I think there might be something in that. Maybe, for whatever reason, some oils are more digestible to some people than others. More experimentation is needed :)

cjm

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 10:16:35 PM »

The only one we agree on is Filipo Berrio.

I just went out to the grocery store earlier this evening and bought the cheapest and lightest colored ELOO that I could find. That happened to be Filippo Berio. I wasn't really sure which brand to purchase, but it sounds like I made the right decision. I read the book today and have watched numerous TV reports and YouTube videos about the program. I am eager to try the "diet" and anxious to see if works as well as everyone says it does.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18