Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Denise's progress

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Denise's progress  (Read 7885 times)

Denise

Denise's progress
« on: May 14, 2006, 12:13:54 PM »

This is the end of the first full week.  I'm using oil, just 2T in the morning, but I did an additional 2T yesterday afternoon.  Prior to that I didn't need it.

I notice a distinct lack of hunger, and feeling full after eating less, which everyone else is reporting.  So nothing new.  It works.

I was down 5 pounds as of Thursday morning, but had parties Friday night and Saturday night where I drank too much alcohol, which probably didn't help.  Still, from 213 to 210 today, so 3 pounds.  (By the way, at the party at my house last night, I made popcorn - POPCORN - and didn't want one kernel.  POPCORN!  You know, you smell it you must eat it food?)

But I'm actually not so concerned with the scale.  My hydration levels make it go bouncy bouncy anyways, especially around this time of the month.  I just like the fact that I'm eating like a normal person.  I had been having rebound hunger from losing weight before I tried this, which was soooo frustrating.  I could eat and eat and never feel full and was gaining back what I lost.  I couldn't keep my brain off of food.  So just this conrol over my appetite is worth it.  I can't not lose weight with this kind of control.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 12:27:08 PM by Denise »

Denise

Re: Denise's progress - Week 2
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 08:27:30 AM »

Yesterday was the end of week 2.  Down 5 pounds and still having no hunger.  Still taking 2T in the morning, and twice haven't taken it at all.  Yesterday I couldn't swallow the grapeseed oil, it came back up.  I think it was the smell.  So today I'll try canola.

I had an interesting experience Saturday night.  I went to a party at 7PM and there were lots of snacks.  I didn't touch any, didn't even want any, until I had one cracker with brie at about 11PM.  Then I had a lot of crackers with brie!  It could have been the alcohol, but what I noticed was that I didn't want the first cracker.  Then after I ate it I did.  It was weird.  I think if I wouldn't have had that first one I wouldn't have had any, if that makes any sense.  I had total control for four hours until I picked it up.  Maybe that's why it's working so well for me--I just don't eat if I'm not hungry or don't feel I need to eat.  I think a lot of people are eating because it's just time to eat and it's a routine? 

I am still loving the control and lack of hunger, especially after what I went through the week prior to starting.

mjohnson121

Re: Denise's progress
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 08:32:26 AM »

It'll be interesting to see how the canola works for you. I tried grapeseed first, then ELOO and both of them were starting to bug me. Switched to canola (and of course using lowerboy's tips -- huge help...probably would make ELOO and other oils fine as well) and it's much easier.

-Mark

Denise

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 10:46:53 AM »

Yup, canola is much better.  No urping it back up.  Grapeseed tasted like wood, which was fine at first then for some reason I developed a gag response to it.  Canola to me only tastes barely like wood.

jzkc

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 10:49:33 AM »

And I have found that the more days I go on canola oil, the less flavor it has.  I can drink it down like water now.  I've even gotten used to the mouth feel.

Dixie_Amazon

• Using Coconut Oil
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 11:49:53 AM »

Way to go Denise!
Dennise with 2 n's

Jane Ann

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 07:50:34 PM »

Denise, you are doing wonderfully well!!!!!!!   :D       :)

Denise

Re: Denise's progress - Week 3
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 11:02:24 PM »

Down 7 pounds and starting to have to force myself to eat sometimes.  Other times I can eat just fine if I choose to, but it's easier to choose not to.  That must be that will power thing I always heard about...

I've been through an obstacle course of parties since I started and still lost weight, which is amazing.  Week 1 - 2 parties, week 2 - 1 party, week 3 - 1 party (delicious BBQ) and 1 job quitting socializing drinking/snacks thingie, and next weekend I have my parents' 45th anniversary party.  And I lost weight, which is amazing.  I think I'd have lost a lot more if I hadn't been drinking so much.  :shock:  But I like my wine and I like my parties. They'll be over after next weekend and we'll see how it goes.  I still like my nightly wine and it doesn't make me eat, so I am not going to lose as dramatically as without it.  Don't much care.  I could just not eat every day but that's not healthy.  I enjoy my new relationship with (without) food.

I'm so frustrated at all of the insinuations that this is some placebo.  I actually feel insulted.  I know how I feel.  I know how I've felt before.  I know they are different in a very deep biological way.  But I guess only time will tell to the skeptics, and it's really unfortunate that it isn't working for everyone.  That would have been great.

I'm still taking 2T in the morning, usually an hour before I officially wake up.  I have only once taken an evening dose and that was in the first week.  I'm going to quit smoking next week so that's going to be really interesting.  I agree with another poster that I just don't seem to want it as much anymore, and the threat of gaining even more weight is gone.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 02:06:59 AM »

I'm glad for you Denise. Keep it up!
Nearly all my friends who quit smoking did gain a few pounds. But I think that's because they used smoking as a control of sorts (anxiety, stress...) and then they replaced it with eating for the same control purposes (you know, nibbling for comfort). I don't really think they were more hungry.
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

jc

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 03:29:36 AM »

Denise, that sounds fabulous! I really hope you can use this method to also help you quit smoking. Many of my friends are scared to give up because they see how those that do gain weight.

Best of luck from Germany

jc

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 05:16:22 AM »

Oho! You and I are about at the same weight. Lucky for us, we've got a built-in, HUGE upper coming to us soon: dropping under 200. That is going to feel so fine.

I've already tasted it, if only briefly. I came home Sunday from an exceptionally hot and sweaty hike, and I had to do it...I had to step on the scale. When I exhaled and leaned on my left foot, I was, like, 199.99 pounds. I knew it would vanish when I was properly rehydrated, but I wanted to see those lovely nines staring up at me. (203.5 this morning; I'm not complaining).

Good luck with the smoking thing. In hindsight, I had no idea how many meals I routinely skipped when I was a smoker. When I stopped skipping them, hello fat! If you're using SLD to maintain or increase that indifference to food, you stand a good chance of being able to quit and lose weight at the same time.
Running weight tally:

Aliebling

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 06:57:10 AM »

Denise, please do contribute to my thread about quitting smoking on the Self Experimentation board!

Denise

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2006, 09:08:20 PM »

I'm back now, and kicking myself that I haven't done it for so long.  I had some life turmoil.  What I had done before, drinking the oil an hour before actually getting up, couldn't happen.  I have to get up too early now.  So I tried it mid-morning for a week.  Ok, maybe 4 days.  It didn't seem to work for me.  I just flaked and didn't.

I finally decided to just set the alarm early and do it.  And it's working.  I'm a smoker, so perhaps even the one hour window before-after doesn't work?  I don't know, I didn't give it a chance to find out, just 4 days of lack of success.  There was too much going on in my life for self-experimentation.

An intersting thing is that I didn't regain the weight at all until recently, when I had out-of-control hunger.  I hate that.  Skinny people will never understand that bottomless pit.

I started the oil again three days ago at 211.  Today is 207.  Still 6 pounds under my starting weight.  And I'm again completely astounded at the lack of obsession with food.  I ate some green beans for lunch and my brain wasn't in the fridge all night, I was satisfied.  I once again find that I'm craving vegetables instead of thick carby-beefy food.

I wish I could have been an example for what I know is the solution.  Hopefully I will be now.

Denise

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 03:54:58 AM »

Denise!! So good to see you again!

I thought about dropping you a note, but felt kind of sheepish about it. Hope the life stuff wasn't anything too, too dire.

How long were you off before the appetite came back?
Running weight tally:

Denise

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 07:56:19 AM »

The life stuff ended up very good.  :)

It was almost 2 months before the insane hunger happened.  I think during those two months I was trying not to ditto, but ended up dittoing and I think that did it.

205 today. :)

And WOW, Frenata!!!  You've done fantastic!  I missed you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18