Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
for those who have reached goal - do you still take the oil?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: for those who have reached goal - do you still take the oil?  (Read 11425 times)

Flax

for those who have reached goal - do you still take the oil?
« on: April 21, 2008, 08:39:25 AM »

I hit my goal about a month ago 190-165. Once I hit my goal I started taking the oil every other day. Last week I went on vacation and haven't had the oil in a week. I came back home expecting to have ballooned up to 175 but to my surprise was only at 168 and today I'm back down to 166. I guess I really didn't eat that much on my trip. What I'm concerned about is maintaining. Should I keep taking the oil or just cut down the dose? My appetite feels fine the way it is. I don't get hungry much and when I am I don't need to eat seconds and thirds to feel satisfied. Will that continue if I stop taking the oil? If no one has done this experiment I will do it for the sake of experimentation.

Heidi 555

Re: for those who have reached goal - do you still take the oil?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 03:08:33 PM »

Congrats on reaching your goal! 

I've read that some people have stopped the oil and have still been able to maintain their weight.  Others keep taking oil.  That's great that you didn't gain over vacation.  Perhaps, your new eating habits will continue even without the oil.  Let us know what you do.  It seems like we need more input on the maintenance end of SLD.
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 08:16:31 PM »

I hit my goal about a month ago 190-165. Once I hit my goal I started taking the oil every other day. Last week I went on vacation and haven't had the oil in a week. I came back home expecting to have ballooned up to 175 but to my surprise was only at 168 and today I'm back down to 166. I guess I really didn't eat that much on my trip. What I'm concerned about is maintaining. Should I keep taking the oil or just cut down the dose? My appetite feels fine the way it is. I don't get hungry much and when I am I don't need to eat seconds and thirds to feel satisfied. Will that continue if I stop taking the oil? If no one has done this experiment I will do it for the sake of experimentation.

My mother quit taking the oil, lost five more pounds and is now stable at her new weight.

I am still taking oil.

Varies, it seems.

Flax

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 11:37:18 AM »

Just thought I'd pop in and update everyone like I promised. I've been pretty stable at 165-167 for the past month but I've noticed that my hunger has come back in the past two weeks and I've bulked up to 169 as of this morning so I am going to go back on the oil for a while to see if that curbs my hunger and gets me back on track. It's been about a month since I stopped taking the oil so I guess that's how long it takes for the hunger to come back. It's weird, the whole 9 months I was taking the oil I don't think I really felt much hunger but now I do. I have a hard time pushing away plates and seem to forage through bags of nuts and chips far longer than I ever did on the oil.

Tandoori Trilobite

• Aspiring gutless wonder
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 03:01:34 AM »

I'm not taking oil.  After my own initial plunge (52 pounds in 25 weeks), I realised that I'd probably need to rebuild some muscle inevitably compromised along the way, and I'd prefer to have as much of my calorie intake as possible counting as "real" food with constructive benefits.  I've been doing weight training since early in the year to help rebuild muscle and keep my metabolism up, and it would be self-defeating to continue on severe calorie restriction.

I'm not weighing myself these days, either, because I'd probably get false alarms from weight gains that might be attributable to muscle growth.  I just judge it by how my 82cm/32in-waist jeans feel on me.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 03:23:43 PM »

I'm not taking oil.  After my own initial plunge (52 pounds in 25 weeks), I realised that I'd probably need to rebuild some muscle inevitably compromised along the way, and I'd prefer to have as much of my calorie intake as possible counting as "real" food with constructive benefits.  I've been doing weight training since early in the year to help rebuild muscle and keep my metabolism up, and it would be self-defeating to continue on severe calorie restriction.

I'm not weighing myself these days, either, because I'd probably get false alarms from weight gains that might be attributable to muscle growth.  I just judge it by how my 82cm/32in-waist jeans feel on me.

I improved in strength the entire time I was losing weight (I kept logs, week to week while lifting weights).  Then, took an eight month break (I injured my rotator cuffs in Judo).  I started lifting again, then, after several months, started letting my weight drift down some more.  From 189 -- my two year stable weight, to 175 now, with continuing increased strength.  I keep a log on t-nation.com in the over 35 lifter forum (An over 50 lifter) -- I'm Elaikases there.

Hope everyone else continues to do well.

soontobethin

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 03:51:59 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU are now in CONTROL!!! YES, I USE THE ELOO AT NIGHT - BEDTIME, ONLY.

I have maintained a 50 lb weight loss for over 14 months now... When I have gone 5 lbs OVER my own limit (107 to 112) that I want to maintain, I add 1 Tablespoon of sucrose (can use regular sugar) with 1 cup or a little more in the afternoon... an hour before "dinner" or an hour past dinner if we eat earlier than 5:30-6:00pm... then I always do the night time 1Tablestoon of ELOO (Extra Light Olive Oil) just before bed time.,.., followed with rinsing mouth with hot water from tap, and wash and dry spoon at the same time... then, about 1/2 hr to 45 minutes later, brushing teeth with (mint-flavored) toothpaste as it is "very flavorful and would "set off" a 'calorie event' thus making the body consider it "food" when it is not. I have maintained a size 4 jeans (Ralph Lauren), and wear Small now, in all my sweaters, t-shirts and size 2/4 and small 6, in business suits.

This has been the most wonderful thing I have discovered and has "quieted" all the cravings and urge for carbs... junk food and night eating. I am VERY healthy and probably better than I have ever been in my life, without the feeling of "deprivation" I eat everything, and love Tiramisu, will have a piece of cherry pie, half a hamburger (Big Mac Angus burger- it is huge and very good... ) but, NOT EVERY DAY!!!
I now eat lots LESS but enjoy everything. This is the best thing ever, and I wish you success. I NOW AM SATISFIED WITH MUCH SMALLER PORTIONS...Follow Dr Seth Roberts book... I listen to the audio version and have it on CD and on my iPad... I have learned more and more about this new science discovery - that sounds wacky... but it is logical and it WORKS. I am a senior and have tried every diet known to man (or woman)! and this is the only one that is not chemical (like pills or shots) and I have done those too!!!! Best wishes, LJ

ps/ I STILL weigh 107 to 112 lbs!!!! I am 5 feet 1.5 inches. All of my big sizes (14s, 12s, 10s, 8s, 6s have gone to Good Will!)

Gook luck, It truly is a miracle. Thank you, Seth.

adventurer

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 04:36:08 PM »

Yay!!! ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18