Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
"Starting over" when switching to a different oil?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Starting over" when switching to a different oil?  (Read 2911 times)

Clara2008

"Starting over" when switching to a different oil?
« on: April 19, 2008, 09:14:44 AM »

I'm on my fourth day of SLD, and so far I've really liked it- but I think AS should be stronger? I take 2tbs in the morning, 1tbs at night, but I dont think my apetite has decreased much...i eat less, and already lost some weight, but I think that's mostly cos I cant eat in the morning and after dinner now (minding the two hour window....) and cos I'm watching my diet...

Now I want to experiment w a different oil (got some light olive oil, maybe want to try other oils as well) but I read somewhere on this board that switching to a new oil would be like "starting over". What does that mean? Sorry If this question has been asked before, I just couldnt find the answer when I looked for it.

Thanks!
Clara

PS I use canola oil, nose clipped and floating on water which is completely flavourless. (This btw is the European, non GM version of canola oil)....

Elli

• Carpe diem :)
Re: "Starting over" when switching to a different oil?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 03:23:28 PM »

I believe that what they mean by 'starting over' is that you have to take account of
the time your body takes to adjust to the new oil. Most people have digestive issues
when it comes to taking oil by tablespoons and often have to slowly work up to the
amount they wish to take. Or they simply cope by spreading the dose throughout the
day. So it must be quite true that the body needs some time to get used to the new
oil and build specific enzymes capable of effectively digesting the new oil as well.

SLD is, in my personal opinion, a long-term weight control strategy rather than a crash
diet. So it is really worth it to consider the health benefits that different oils bring.
Why don't you try for yourself :D? Maybe the weight lose could halt for few days but
think about all the wonders of olive oil!

Clara2008

Re: "Starting over" when switching to a different oil?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 03:52:50 AM »

Ok, thanks a lot Elli!! I get the "starting over" thingy now...  I'll give it a try!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18