Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Coconut/MCT oil vs. ELOO

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coconut/MCT oil vs. ELOO  (Read 4243 times)

platinum107

Coconut/MCT oil vs. ELOO
« on: April 14, 2008, 03:59:45 PM »

To everyone who has tried both - what do you think? In terms of weight loss, AS, and everything else...?

I'm trying to decide which to use. I found a study comparing both in terms of weightloss, and MCT oil came out on top.

link - http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/87/3/621

shovelqueen

Re: Coconut/MCT oil vs. ELOO
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 05:41:10 PM »

Interesting article.  My only comments would be that MCT oil is a highly manufactured oil product, it's hard to find and really expensive compared to OO.  And from what I've heard, it tastes awful.  No personal experience with them, though, except as highly touted ingredients in specialized tubefeeding or enteral support products. 

Do you have a "consumer" source for the MCT oil?

"Strength, balance, joy!"

platinum107

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 07:20:41 PM »

I was going to buy it from here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un/mct.html

Its acutally pretty cheap for 67 servings, compared to EVCO. Unless there is something i am missing, it seems like a good deal. PLus the shipping is fast. (ive bought from there before).

Isn't MCT oil supposed to be light on flavor? I plan on nose clipping anyway. Right now I'm trying NC EVCO. I also have problems with Candida and I don't know if MCT oil would be better than EVCO?

Also, one of the reasons i wanted to try ELOO is because I wouldnt have to NC it (which is a pain, can't do it in public) but I just tried tasting it mixed with some water and it has a very strong wood taste... :?

shovelqueen

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 03:43:12 AM »

The taste thing was for a bottle of straight MCT oil, used as supplemental calories in specially formulated enteral feeds, where the product was going straight into the small bowel, and taste was not an issue.  I understood from others with experience that it was not something that you would want on a salad.  But who knows, we may be all wet... a bunch of clinicians are not the best judge of taste, and of course, in the SLD method, taste takes on whole new connotations. :D

Self-experimentation is a great thing.  Good luck with it, and let us know how it works (and tastes :))

"Strength, balance, joy!"

platinum107

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 07:52:04 PM »

The taste thing was for a bottle of straight MCT oil, used as supplemental calories in specially formulated enteral feeds, where the product was going straight into the small bowel, and taste was not an issue.  I understood from others with experience that it was not something that you would want on a salad.  But who knows, we may be all wet... a bunch of clinicians are not the best judge of taste, and of course, in the SLD method, taste takes on whole new connotations. :D

Self-experimentation is a great thing.  Good luck with it, and let us know how it works (and tastes :))

Thanks I will once it comes in the mail! So far I've been using EVCO NC for the past week and its giving good AS  :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18