Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Apple Cider Vinegar

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Apple Cider Vinegar  (Read 6424 times)

shovelqueen

Apple Cider Vinegar
« on: April 10, 2008, 08:09:04 AM »

I followed the link to earthclinic from the oil-pulling discussion last night and ended up spending the entire evening reading stuff there.  They promote apple cider vinegar as a weight loss aid.  Lots of glowing testimonials.  Anyone have any experiences, good or bad, with this product? 

"Strength, balance, joy!"

IndianGirl

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 08:12:29 AM »

Hey Shovelqueen...i saw a post by spacehoppa where she had put up a graph of her weighloss...she had achieved dramatic daily weight-loss by combining ACV and SLD.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 08:31:12 AM »

I use to take ACV
couldn't tell the difference
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 08:49:56 AM »

I use to take ACV
couldn't tell the difference

Me too, on both counts.

T-Vix

lvivianka

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 12:26:22 PM »

drink ACV; neither my weight loss nor arthritis pain have changed

VeganKitten

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 02:14:20 PM »

me-three ... I really tried it, but it didn't seem to have an effect. I still like it in salad dressings and on beans :) Drinking it (even watered down) was a little tough.

SandyDown

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 02:22:08 PM »

Best usage of ACV is as a skin toner, splash  a bit on your face before bed time, don't wash your face, and in the morning you'd look as if you just had a facial.  I use it on my face a couple of times a week, I had many people commenting that my face skin is glowing - even though I didn't have any makeup /foundation on.

shovelqueen

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 02:34:14 PM »

Best usage of ACV is as a skin toner, splash  a bit on your face before bed time, don't wash your face, and in the morning you'd look as if you just had a facial.  I use it on my face a couple of times a week, I had many people commenting that my face skin is glowing - even though I didn't have any makeup /foundation on.
[/i]

Do you use it full strength or diluted?  Don't you smell getting into bed?  My DH might have something to say about that! :shock:

SandyDown

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 02:41:28 PM »

[/i]

Do you use it full strength or diluted?  Don't you smell getting into bed?  My DH might have something to say about that! :shock:

I use the organic one very mild smell and feel to it (I never use that harsh refind stuff on my face), smells goes away in a few minutes and no one can tell

shovelqueen

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 03:35:47 PM »

OK, I'm sitting here swigging my first dose of ACV.  I bought the Eden Organics brand, raw, with "the mother", rather than the better known Braggs, because the Braggs was all packaged in plastic, and that just didn't seem right to me.  This brand is in glass. 

So, I've mixed it into a soda.  2 tbsp ACV, 2 tbsp blackstrap molasses, and a can of club soda.  It's dark brown, a bit sweet and a bit sour, tingly from the carbonation, not any more unpleasant than a diet coke.  I do have sensitive teeth, so I'll go brush right after drinking this.  I could see having this as an "afterwork drink", filling me up before supper. 

After my disastrous diet weekend and early this week, full of visiting company and accompanying stress, my weight is way up, (all belly bloat from high GI carb desserts, etc), and so I'm really hoping that adding this to the SLD oil regime will help. 

As I was reading all over the Earthclinic site last night, I found a whole section on cures for gray hair!  That's why I bought blackstrap molasses today, and decided to try adding it to the mix, too.  Some of the testimonials talked of folks noticing gray hair growing back in their natural brown.  I'm getting desperate enough to try anything! :D

OK, it's all in!  I feel like I need to belch!  If I don't post an update for a few days, send in the troops - I may be dead on the floor! :lol: :lol:

lvivianka

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 04:15:07 PM »

my Bragg came in a glass; I take a large cup of water or cool tea, add stevia and 2 TBS ACV - drink very quickly and then swish out my mouth with plain water to get the acid off my teeth. I also read that brushing after eating or drinking acid food (OJ, ACV, lemon, etc) can hurt the enamel on the teeth. better to swish with plain water. cannot quote where I read this.
  GRAY hair - yikes! I need a cure.  :shock: will read Earthclinic site tonight.

IndianGirl

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 10:05:28 PM »

Hey shovelqueen, Good luck with the ACV! As I know, Braggs is the brand that has led to weightloss for many. If you drink slowly then ACV will spend longer time in contact with your teeth and thereby harm it. Maybe you should down it fast and rinse it out quickly. Also, brushing teeth after ACV will rub it into your teeth thereby corroding your enamel. Just rinsing your mouth with abundant water may be ideal. I have also heard of people drinking some milk or eating cheese to neutralize the ACV on teeth.

Even I tend to burp when I have something with alkaline ash (eg. ACV, milk, watermelon). I think its because the alkaline ash neutralizes the acid in the stomach releasing carbon-dioxide which is what one burps out. So burping means the body environment is becoming alkaline (or atleast less acidic)--an alkaline body environment leads to weight loss.

I get headaches because of excess acid in my stomach. So I have some milk/watermelon and am happy when I burp coz it gets rid of my acidity/headache.

shovelqueen

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »

Third day taking ACV.  I must admit I am really liking this concoction of mine (2T ACV, 2T blackstrap molasses, can club soda).It gives me great AS, too.  No weight loss yet, but my other eating habits the past few days have not been conducive to weight loss. Leftover cookies from the company - bad, bad, bad! :( I'm not listening to my own AS signals.  So far better today, though.

So, if it does all it's touted to do, I will have found the fountain of youth.  The ACV for weight loss, the BSM for reversing gray hair! :D

shovelqueen

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 11:49:05 AM »

Update on the ACV/BSM experiment: 

It's been 2 weeks today since I started taking a daily dose of 2T. apple cider vinegar mixed with 2T. blackstrap molasses, along with a B complex stresstab.  The ACV is supposed to be for weight loss, among a ton of other supposed benefits, and the BSM/Bvits was to encourage my hair to grow back with its natural colour (I'm really quite gray, under the bottled colour - thanks, Mom).

I've only missed one or 2 days.  Once I started paying attention to eating right again, the weight has fallen off at a prodigious rate, 4 1/2 lbs in the past 3 days.  Understand that this is not new weight loss, just getting back to where I was a few weeks ago.  Encouraging, though. 

But the big news is that I just got home from the hairdresser, and my gray hair appears less noticable.  Usually, I colour every 2 months, and on the in-between cut, the gray around my hairline really becomes noticable, and I HATE it. :x  So,for 2 of the 4 weeks since last haircut, I have been taking the "cure", and it just might be making a difference. :shock:  Once I told her what I was doing, my hairdresser did think that maybe I was showing less gray,especially around the hairline.  Cool, eh? :D

So I'll keep it up, and see where I am by next month when I'm due for a colour.  I don't plan on stopping the colour, but if I can get through 2 months without obvious white showing under the colour, I'll be thrilled.  I'll keep you posted!

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 12:30:12 PM »

Well ordinarily I'd be a skeptic about such things, but I was listening to the radio recently and the discussion was about people's hair turning white overnight - or at least very rapidly, and evidently that does happen.......so why not the reverse, as you have described, Shovelqueen? 

Do you think your ACV cocktail is having any other benefits?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18