Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
What are your hobbies??

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: What are your hobbies??  (Read 59076 times)

karky

• Life is Good!
Re: What are your hobbies??
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2008, 10:46:20 AM »

it says watching tv              :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

sorry I told on you strongjen  8)

I just hit quote on her post so it came up regular sized.
I couldn't read it either  :lol:  :lol:
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

strongjen

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2008, 12:20:39 PM »

I didn't look at it after I wrote it--I can't read it either!  Yes, tv indeed.  Frasier, Friends, 24, Lost, Alias, Simpsons, Sex in the City.  As you can tell, I don't see much new stuff!  I'm especially partial to tv that I've seen before, so I don't have to pay much attention and can do something like surf the web at the same time.  24, and especially Alias, were great to watch while on the treadmill.  But I admire you tv-free folk!

1/7:148 lbs
exercise
2/6:144 lbs
exercise plus sld
4/4:133 lbs

one800eatashoe

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2008, 05:42:45 PM »

i second what you say strongjen!!!  being a sahm isn't as great as it sounds!!! :)
what did you write in a teeny font in your post??  i just can't see it!!

I believe it says watching tv.. I could be wrong..

lvivianka

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2008, 07:19:45 PM »

I think it says watching tv :shock:

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2008, 03:15:11 AM »

I like watching tv too!! 
i like the comedies too and (should i write this in a teeny font?)  reality shows.  Best top model, biggest loser, maury, so you think you can dance -  also some uk shows changing rooms, garden challenge things like that. NOT big brother, jerry springer etc.

i wouldn't be without a tv!!!  i don't sit down and watch most of the time just have it on whilst i do the chores.

Tandoori Trilobite

• Aspiring gutless wonder
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2008, 04:07:05 AM »

nougat: i wouldn't be without a tv!!!  i don't sit down and watch most of the time just have it on whilst i do the chores.

I don't usually just sit in front of the TV and watch, either.  After becoming accustomed to using the 'Net, sitting in front of the TV feels so passive.  I usually save up my ironing for when there's something on the box that I'd like to see, and then do the ironing in front of the TV.

You might be interested to know that we get some Maltese TV production over here in Australia.  Our multicultural network broadcasts news bulletins from quite a few countries, including a bulletin from Public Broadcasting Services in Malta (in this programme schedule).  I also remember the same network running a Maltese family sitcom series which the station's subtitlers titled in English as Time Will Tell.  I don't know what sort of liberties the subtitlers might have taken in translating the series' original Maltese name, so I don't know if you can recognise from "Time Will Tell" which programme series I'm referring to.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2008, 11:20:19 AM »

:D

There are lots of maltese in australia!  i doubt if there is a single family without relatives down under!
i have 2 uncles 2 aunts(1 now deceased)  and their kids. = 8 cousins most of whom have married and have kids themselves.  some have visited, some never.  one of my cousins is a glass blower in port fairy.

i haven't a clue which sitcom it could be.  i don't usually watch local programs cos they tend to be rather corny ....

i used to like that australian sitcom - some good years back... what was it called... the 'star' was enzo pacelli.

oh i also like things like grey's anatomy,  er, army wives, house , boston legal  - these are usually on rather late and i DO sit and watch!  and i keep a book beside me for the commercial breaks!!

strongjen

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2008, 02:16:54 PM »

ahh, the underground tv watchers come out.  Family Guy is on right now...  One plus from TV here, is that we get British tv, so now my kids can speak very good British English, not just American.  I hear them using it with the occasional barbie or my little pony, and I figure if they ever become actresses it will be a plus on their resumes.

exercise
exercise plus sld

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2008, 03:34:10 PM »

I watch some TV, but I hate commercials, I zap when they start. And I'm very picky about what I watch. Which is, news, documentaries, esp. on history, widlife, science, good movies, occasionally talk shows Oprah type when the subject interests me, and series but very few. I started watching Lost but then it started to stall and I gave up. Now the same is happening with Prison Break. Oh and sometimes I watch Extreme Makeover, Changing Rooms, Jamie Oliver, but I never know the schedules so it's not a habit. Hmmm some are great company for ironing, or riding the stat bike!  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2008, 04:25:26 PM »

I must confess my little secret habit is Antique Roadshow.  :lol:  I keep hoping that they will have something on there that I actually own  8)
I also like Dirty Jobs, Cash Cab, and let's not forget Adult Swim.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2008, 06:35:29 AM »

:D

ooh yes karky!  antique roadshow, bargain hunt....

only once did we get a glimpse of something i doo have and it was dismissed as being cheaply made and widely available!!!  but i still like it!!

i keep a book beside me for the commercials!!  the bother is putting my specs on and off (i'm short sighted - need specs to see - not to read)
a good tip i once heard on tv (!)  was to ride an exercise bike during the ads.  it also stops you visiting the fridge during the breaks!
i don't do it tho....who can feel like cycling at 10pm??? don't these people get tired??? :)

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2008, 06:54:00 AM »

:lol: I don't bike that late, the neighbors would kill me. Besides, I'm more dead than alive by that time  :lol:
What are you reading now Nougat? I'm reading You Can Heal Your Life at the moment (Or rather, for the last 6 months) , among others  :lol:
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

strongjen

« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2008, 08:40:52 AM »

If I tried to bike during commercials, I'm afraid I would spill my wine.

I keep my laptop on my lap for commercials.

exercise
exercise plus sld

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2008, 09:35:43 AM »

strongjen, that is sooooo funny!!

I usually jump up and do stuff during commercials. I find it hard to just sit.
I am an avid reader though, and can read for hours.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2008, 11:48:10 PM »

Pinkmug - at the moment all i want to read are 'funny' modern books written by women.  i've read loads of different things but go through phases.  i'm also keen on john irving and ben elton.  the one i'm reading at the mo is a rather soppy book called 'the beachcomber' by josephine (i think) cox.  its only slightly less boring than the ads....
i never ever read (any more) intense books - i just want entertainment!!  :D

strongjen -  :lol:

mpq - i don't like just sitting either - therefore the book!!  tho i do tend to make cups of tea - visit the loo - brush my teeth etc in the breaks!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18