Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
What are your hobbies??

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are your hobbies??  (Read 59465 times)

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
Re: What are your hobbies??
« Reply #315 on: August 16, 2010, 10:26:38 AM »

I collect DVDs as well, I have this life long mission of watching as many weird obscure horror movies I possibly can before I die, and I have quite the collection of weird ones (the good thing about this is that often the weird ones that do get released on dvd aren't good sellers so if I hunt I can find them cheaply, however, the flip side to that is that the window of time they get released on DVD is usually very narrow, and I'm not the ONLY person out there collecting this stuff, so it makes it hard to find some titles).

Sanchiaza

« Reply #316 on: August 16, 2010, 12:10:55 PM »

I'm curious to know some titles, goblyn.  Would Shaun of the Dead fit into that category?

I like sci fi and also films that deal with people in pivotal periods of American history, like Frost/Nixon.  My all time favourite? The Matrix, unquestionably  8) (That's me as a much chubbier Agent Smith,  :lol:)

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #317 on: August 16, 2010, 12:15:48 PM »

Shaun of the Dead is Awesome!

Goblyn, do you get Turner Classic Movies?
On Friday nights/Saturday morning (2am)  they generally show some type of cheesy movie, including horror.
DH like to tape them.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

shovelqueen

« Reply #318 on: August 16, 2010, 12:38:54 PM »

Hot Fuzz is great, too.  Hilarious!!

"Strength, balance, joy!"

goblyn

« Reply #319 on: August 16, 2010, 01:03:21 PM »

OMG, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are household favorites.  We watch Hot Fuzz whenever we're bored and nothing else sounds good!

I particularly enjoy collecting weird European horror movies from the 70s and strange slasher movies from the 80's.  The ones I'm most proud of finding at the moment are a German version of "The Bird with Crystal Plumage" (which I can't actually watch on my dvd player because its region 2), a copy of Tombs of the Blind Dead and Return of the Blind Dead, a copy of "happy birthday to me" which isn't that particularly rare, but it has alternate cover art that most copies don't...

So yes, I'm crazy!

Karky, I absolutely adore watching the movies on TCM and AMC.  I go through the guide and dvr the ones that i want to watch!

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #320 on: August 16, 2010, 03:10:34 PM »

DH is quite the Bruce Campbell fan, and we have the Evil Dead trilogy, and we just donated some of the really cheesy DVDs we had to a fundraiser yardsale.
the $5 rack of DVDs at Walmart sometimes has some good ones.

shovelqueen

« Reply #321 on: August 16, 2010, 03:57:25 PM »

So who owns a copy of "I Bought a Vampire Motorcycle", huh? :lol:   We do! :shock:

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Sanchiaza

« Reply #322 on: August 17, 2010, 10:27:07 AM »

I *loved* Shaun of the Dead! I'll have to look out for Hot Fuzz. And the other titles mentioned!

goblyn

« Reply #323 on: August 17, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »

Karky, I was amazed to find the classic film "sunset blvd" in the $5 bin at Walmart.  I also found the "ringu" trilogy there as well (that's 3 movies for $5).  I usually abhorr walmart, but will dig through that damn bin just in case!

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #324 on: August 17, 2010, 02:26:32 PM »

the Walmart near me has them in racks, not in a bin.  I like that a whole lot better.
I don't like standing elbow to elbow with strangers rifling through a chest high bin.

goblyn

« Reply #325 on: August 18, 2010, 06:59:02 AM »

I feel bad for the walmart employees.  They're treated badly enough by the corporation already, and then they have to constantly organize that damn bin!  I agree, shelves would be much more efficient, but both walmarts in my area just have big old bins!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18