Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
butter is better?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: butter is better?  (Read 48654 times)

karky

• Life is Good!
Re: butter is better?
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2010, 02:41:37 PM »

make sure you aren't tasting the butter.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

babyhopes

« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2011, 11:50:55 PM »

Sorry it took me forever to answer you Karky- up till now, I have been tasting the butter because crazy spicing as a general principle has worked best for me- but I am not getting the results I want yet, so I will try to noseclip today and let you know how it goes.

The butter is definately helping with my depression and irritibility-the butter tea is even more effective in case anyone else is looking for that kind of remedy as it can be platinum calories at the same time.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2011, 04:36:55 AM »

I use butter as my SLD calories. I eat it noseclipped. I do 1/2 stick per day, half in the morning half in the evening. I cut the butter in about 8 pieces and then eat each piece with something else, lately a piece of meat.

shovelqueen

« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2011, 05:04:02 AM »

I use butter as my SLD calories. I eat it noseclipped. I do 1/2 stick per day, half in the morning half in the evening. I cut the butter in about 8 pieces and then eat each piece with something else, lately a piece of meat.

Sounds like you're moving toward primal or paleo eating.  Is that your eating direction these days?

"Strength, balance, joy!"

babyhopes

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2011, 12:29:59 AM »

Thank you for your reply Seth, that is helpful as I have thinking about how I will take it as SLD calories, just curious are you using Raw butter or Ghee as I read something about your interest in ghee on your blog.

Wishing all of you a beautiful day

I am going to try to noseclip some butter with either egg or meat if I can get meat today :)- i like it in milk but I am trying not to have to heat or cook the butter for SLD and 'vitamin-supplement' calories

Ainsprid

« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2011, 09:52:53 AM »

What an interesting topic! hopefulskeptic pointed it out to me butter is a way to have your SLD calories,
since I dislike taking oil quite a bit. In fact, I'm taking it right before I go to sleep, because I don't want to
avoid feeling sick after taking it.

I also really like how butter apparently improves your mood and give you more energy! I have to say I'm a
real optimist, but I'm curious as to how it will affect me. Sometimes I can get pretty tired, so that's another
good reason to give it a go.

I was just wondering, Seth, do you keep the butter in the fridge, and just take it out for your SLD calories?
I mean, do you eat it cold, or do you let it warm up a bit before eating it? I do have a noseclip, so I guess
it shouldn't be a problem. I will keep you updated :)

javacody

« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2011, 02:37:17 PM »

I tried 3 TB of Irish Butter and a packet of knox unflavored gelatin in my coffee this morning (noseclipped of course) and it has tided me over all day!

I'm doing Irish Butter because apparently it is higher in nutrients.

javacody

« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2011, 08:06:22 AM »

3 TB of Irish butter in my coffee again this morning (noseclipped). No appetite. Seems to be working better than ELOO for some reason...

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2011, 06:26:54 AM »

Why gelatin?  I apparently have missed the boat on this whole butter tea/butter coffee etc thing.  I'm curious about it, as I'm approaching the stage in SLD where I need to shake things up again, and am willing to try something new for a little while before going back to oil shots (after a while oil shots stop working for me, so I switch it up, then whatever method I try ends up working for a short amount of time, and I revist my oil shots and VOILA!  I'm back to great AS and weight loss.

umm

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2011, 06:27:51 AM »

hi all, I would like to give butter as flavourless calories a shot and would appreciate some advice from experienced folks here;

I am 190lbs (have been for several months now). I don't know how many calories would be in 3 heaped tablespoons of butter. Or are people here melting before measuring? I plan to put it in a cup of tea and add a table spoon of sugar. Would this be too much or too little? I want to start tomorrow God willing, and I'm really hoping I would lose weight this time around. i have used sugar water, sunflower oil and olive oil without any AS. Seth said he takes it with meat. is meat flavourless or he meant he noseclips it? I plan to noseclip the butter tea while observing the 2 hour window. Also, does anyone know if it would give more AS if the flavour free window is increased to say 3-4 hours? I just discovered that i have hypoglyceamia so i can't do just any diet without compromising my health this is why i came back to shangrila after trying other ways of losing weight in vain. Thanks.

shovelqueen

« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2011, 10:36:28 AM »

Noseclipped butter tea sounds good.  I'd suggest you get a tbsp measuring spoon, measure 2 or 3 level spoonfuls out into a cup or dish, look at it well to eyeball the amount, then add to whatever beverage or other method.  Fats are notoriously easy to over-estimate and over-eat.  Once you can "eyeball" your desired amount, recheck with proper measuring gear every few weeks to "recalibrate" your eyes. 

Good luck with it!

"Strength, balance, joy!"

umm

« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2011, 05:49:17 AM »

Thanks to shovelqueen for the quick reply. I took 2 heaped teaspoons with tea before bed yesterday. I did not have a noseclip so I stuffed some tissue in my nose as suggested on another thread. I did not have any notable AS. maybe its too early. I think I will just melt the butter and drink it straight while holding my nose and wash it down with a cup of water. I'd see if that would give me better appetite suppression. I am now sooo jealous of those who feel the strong AS the first day. i really need o lose weight (40 pounds at least) so i'm not going to give up. I'd update as soon as i notice AS. Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18