Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
butter is better?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: butter is better?  (Read 48623 times)

bloo

Re: butter is better?
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2008, 02:02:15 PM »

Bloo - I am not sure you need organic butter, don't forget dairy product in Europe (especially butter) are a lot better and more pure than those in the US. I use kerrygold butter which is an Irish butter, I find it tastes the best (Most Irish Butters taste good) if you can find that then go for it...

Kerrygold is available in Germany, Ill give it a try. Actually, I never believed it was really Irish, but maybe I was wrong.
5 ft. 5, 139 lbs. Goal weight: 136 lbs.

shovelqueen

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2008, 02:22:13 PM »

I'm not familiar with it here in Canada, but maybe it's a "style" of butter, rather than referring to a country of origin. Some tweak to the manufacturing process, maybe? 

"Strength, balance, joy!"

SandyDown

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2008, 11:57:44 PM »

Bloo - Kerrygold  is a pure irish butter, and its a product ot the republic of Ireland. 

bloo

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2008, 09:30:52 PM »

Sandy, Shovelqueen, I heard on TV that Kerrygold was produced in Munich ... they made fun of the marketing approach ... But Ill check the label today when I go shopping for the weekend, the country of origin should be written somewhere.

SandyDown

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2008, 05:57:49 AM »

Sandy, Shovelqueen, I heard on TV that Kerrygold was produced in Munich ... they made fun of the marketing approach ... But Ill check the label today when I go shopping for the weekend, the country of origin should be written somewhere.

The country of originon on mine is Republic of Ireland, but  may be they have a production in Germany as well, so may be yours is produced in Munich.

I personally like the Kerrygold taste   :D , but I know others taste may differ.

bloo

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2008, 09:53:35 AM »

I will buy a stick after I finished the last local butter from my home town (some of the cows I know personally ;)
But I still like cream better ... Somehow its more satisfying. A great lowcarb fast food.

shovelqueen

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2008, 10:05:12 AM »

Oh, bloo, you are so lucky to have locally produced butter!  Why would you consider buying a product that may have travelled thousands of km's, when you have "personally known" butter so close by? 

I buy my eggs from my friends 8 km away (just around the corner in rural Canadian terms), and I've met her chickens.  It's a great feeling to eat so locally.  I'm picking up a couple dozen more in an hour or so. 

"Strength, balance, joy!"

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2008, 10:31:36 AM »

Fresh eggs are so much better tasting than store bought.
I can't imagine how good really fresh butter must taste.
If I ever come across some, I am going to snatch it right up!
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

Heidi 555

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2008, 10:50:34 AM »

I use to get local raw butter that was bright orange and tasted almost like cheese.  It was incredible!  I'm going to see if I can get some more when the farmer's market opens for the season.
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

SandyDown

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2008, 11:27:25 AM »

I use to get local raw butter that was bright orange and tasted almost like cheese. It was incredible! I'm going to see if I can get some more when the farmer's market opens for the season.

Yeeeh those are the best - lucky you I can't get this, may be I can try again.

bloo

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2008, 01:13:25 PM »

I have a friend whos father is a farmer with 40 milk cows and I can get raw milk there. *yummy*, I also get organic eggs from another friend.
And then we have many organic farms that deliver to your doorstep, you can "subscribe" to different assortments. The veggies taste incredible ...

Ill have to try their cheese assortment once I stop the dairy challenge.

platinum107

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2008, 03:10:23 PM »

I have a friend whos father is a farmer with 40 milk cows and I can get raw milk there. *yummy*, I also get organic eggs from another friend.
And then we have many organic farms that deliver to your doorstep, you can "subscribe" to different assortments. The veggies taste incredible ...

Ill have to try their cheese assortment once I stop the dairy challenge.

bloo - how is the dairy challenge going? (I assume you cut out all dairy for now?) Are you noticing any differences?

SandyDown

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2008, 01:01:37 AM »

If youre afraid of butter, use cream (Julia Child 1912-2004)
:lol:

bloo

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2008, 04:42:41 AM »

bloo - how is the dairy challenge going? (I assume you cut out all dairy for now?) Are you noticing any differences?

Platinum, I had to lower my overall protein intake somewhat. I dont have time to cook during the day, so I would eat low carb "fast food" like cottage cheese or yoghurt a lot, maybe too much. I love dairy stuff and I tolerate them well, but since I am insulin resistant, I seemed to react to the glucose metabolised from protein. My energy levels were low, I was slightly depressed. When I started SLD my appetite and metabolism decreased and it made me feel pretty bad.

Sandy then suggested that my fat intake was too low and I decided to go on a high fat diet and cut out cottage cheese and yoghurt and allow cream and butter. And that helps a lot. I feel energetic again. I have a feeling that fat is the key in my diet and as crazy as it may seem (and it may not be working for anyone) 70-80% is what I need in a day.

One of the reasons I was suspecting high protein may not be good for me is the acid it produces, causing cellulite and hair loss. Whenever I ate what theoretically was right for me, I was overacidified. Carbs and protein are acidifying, but fat is totally neutral.

So I drink a lot of water and try to have some green veggies, mostly broccoli, with every protein food (or some fruit). My fridge is full of eggs, but I only eat the yolks, sometimes even raw. Since I was used to having whey protein shakes a lot, I mix the yolks with a little cream. Well, I even like it. *g*

Sandy, nice quote ;) Call me "cream girl", heehee.

platinum107

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2008, 08:49:57 AM »

Platinum, I had to lower my overall protein intake somewhat. I dont have time to cook during the day, so I would eat low carb "fast food" like cottage cheese or yoghurt a lot, maybe too much. I love dairy stuff and I tolerate them well, but since I am insulin resistant, I seemed to react to the glucose metabolised from protein. My energy levels were low, I was slightly depressed. When I started SLD my appetite and metabolism decreased and it made me feel pretty bad.

Sandy then suggested that my fat intake was too low and I decided to go on a high fat diet and cut out cottage cheese and yoghurt and allow cream and butter. And that helps a lot. I feel energetic again. I have a feeling that fat is the key in my diet and as crazy as it may seem (and it may not be working for anyone) 70-80% is what I need in a day.

One of the reasons I was suspecting high protein may not be good for me is the acid it produces, causing cellulite and hair loss. Whenever I ate what theoretically was right for me, I was overacidified. Carbs and protein are acidifying, but fat is totally neutral.

So I drink a lot of water and try to have some green veggies, mostly broccoli, with every protein food (or some fruit). My fridge is full of eggs, but I only eat the yolks, sometimes even raw. Since I was used to having whey protein shakes a lot, I mix the yolks with a little cream. Well, I even like it. *g*

Sandy, nice quote ;) Call me "cream girl", heehee.

Sounds good! Glad you found something that works for you!

Unfortunately, I have to stop the butter for SLD, today was my last day. It seems the butter is causing me gastritis pains similar to the way carbs do, maybe its the fat without any protein to soak up the sotmach acid, but I think I have to just stick with nose clipping some of my meals for now.

BTW, I've mixed raw egg yolks with cream too and I love it! You know you can actually make an almost zero carb ice cream with that? Just add a little stevia and something else and freeze it and you got some...I have a recipie somewhere if you're interested. I don't make that stuff though because I know it wouldn't last more than 1 day LOL

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18