Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Is flaxseed oil ok?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Is flaxseed oil ok?  (Read 9856 times)

barbbiggs

Is flaxseed oil ok?
« on: March 27, 2008, 03:02:36 AM »

Friends keep asking me if flaxseed oil is ok? It's high in omega threes and apparently an amazing oil all by itself. BUT, is it an approved oil?

Also, I notice if you don't have much to lose it takes longer to kick in? I've been trying to lose 3kg (I"m Australian!) for months! going to the gym and trying to eat just a little less. I get so hungry in the middle of the day.
I'm about to start SLD hoping this will work for me. I'm 60kg and want to be about 57kg.
Any ideas about how long it could take before the appetite suppression starts and if the sugar water is as good as oil?
Thanks heaps in advance.
BB
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 10:33:35 PM by barbbiggs »

karky

• Life is Good!
Re: Another newby!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 03:24:36 AM »

I lost at least 25 lbs on sugar water alone.
The reason I stopped doing sugar water exclusively is that it takes so long to drink, it interfered with my schedule.
You have to drink it slowly to avoid blood sugar spikes.

Taking the eloo is must faster, toss it back and Ta-Daaa done.

AS for me was in the first week, but everyone is different.  Some feel it the first day, some take a while.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

AshG

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 05:05:33 AM »

I am from India and we rarely get the recommended oils. So I have started on sugar water. I do not see many people using sugar water on these forums. If there are any, how long did it take to notice the first change? Did the weight go up first or did it started going down first? Please reply someone!

SandyDown

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 05:19:43 AM »

I am from India and we rarely get the recommended oils. So I have started on sugar water. I do not see many people using sugar water on these forums. If there are any, how long did it take to notice the first change? Did the weight go up first or did it started going down first? Please reply someone!

Hi AshG  - I know in India you use a lot of Ghee, have you tried it?  I know Darkhorse has and got addicted to it, but not sure if it brings any AS.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 09:10:22 AM »

I don't know if my weight went up at first or not.
I only got a scale after a month because my clothes got so loose I couldn't stand not knowing.  :lol:

I drank sugar water exclusively for at least 2 months, and still drink it every once in a while.

barbbiggs

Re: Is flaxseed oil ok?
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 02:01:36 AM »

I'm finding I'm getting to the stage where I'm gagging thinking about having to take the oil every night forever. Strange really, because when I actually do it, it isn't so bad:)

However, I'm wanting to break it up a bit and some nights do sugar water and other nights do the oil.

Is this possible to mix and match like that? Or will changing from one to the other put you back to square one each time?

Thanks!

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 03:17:18 AM »

I still do sugar water every once in a while.

DH does a dose of sugar water in the morning and a dose of oil in the evening.

trisloth

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 11:41:14 AM »

I'm finding I'm getting to the stage where I'm gagging thinking about having to take the oil every night forever. Strange really, because when I actually do it, it isn't so bad:)

However, I'm wanting to break it up a bit and some nights do sugar water and other nights do the oil.

Is this possible to mix and match like that? Or will changing from one to the other put you back to square one each time?

Thanks!

I stopped taking oil (walnut) for this exact reason... the gag reflex actually kept getting worse each day.  I'm doing sugar water (8T) now and hope to eventually switch to a smaller amount of oil for maintenance when i hit my ideal weight.

Has anyone else had this same reaction, where taking oil actually kept getting more and more difficult?

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 02:39:58 PM »

Has anyone else had this same reaction, where taking oil actually kept getting more and more difficult?

Absolutely!  So I waxed and waned with the oil taking for a while, mucked around with different oils, which was stupid in the end as it only caused more issues, stopped for a while,  and then went back to ELOO, which I'm now starting to do diligently again.

It is not always easy with SLD.  Some people swear by digestive enzymes and I can't take the oil unless it is well stirred into cold water.  Even then I often get the yucks just thinking about it, even though the oil tastes of nothing going down.

All in all though, I personally find it is worth persisting with SLD, just because it kills both the consant feelings of hunger and food cravings and the feeling of never being satisfied or fully satiated after eating.

Hang in there, this too shall pass, and do try the digestive enzymes, several people here swear they couldn't do SLD with out them - and they are people who have had stunning results!

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 02:51:18 PM »

I take enzymes.

I get the yucks every once in a while still.   I wonder if the viscosity of the ELOO in my stomach is what is doing it, as the oil is the thickest liquid I consume.
I just close my mind to it and the next time it is OK, no yucks.

trisloth

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 07:28:09 PM »

I take enzymes.

I get the yucks every once in a while still.   I wonder if the viscosity of the ELOO in my stomach is what is doing it, as the oil is the thickest liquid I consume.
I just close my mind to it and the next time it is OK, no yucks.

What enzymes do you take and where could I get these?

Also, did you guys hear about the Israeli woman who is supposedly 120 years old?  She drinks a glass of olive oil every day, and has done so for decades.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 03:55:22 AM »

I have got Digestive Enzymes at Walmart in a bottle with a purple lid
I have got Mason Digestive Enzymes in a bottle with a yellow label at Meijer.

maybelline

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 06:30:40 PM »

I haven't been doing Shangri-La in quite a while
I didn't really have a problem at first - but now i get nauseous just thinking about doing the oil - i just can't
maybe the oil milk? maybe walnuts with a nose clip?
i don't know - i miss the appetite supression

VeganKitten

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 05:49:16 PM »

give the oil milk a try. I just couldn't face the ELOO anymore (even floated on water, sugar chaser, water chaser, etc.) but the oil milk is a very different animal. The first time I tried it I didn't get it mixed enough -- but once I got it right, it's quite pleasant.

norwaygirl

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 02:08:11 PM »

I second the oil milk recommendation--I switched to it when I just couldn't stomach the thought of one more dose of oil. It's tons better---borders on the enjoyable for me.

Also, lately I've had some success with nose-clipping whole milk. It's too early to declare victory one way or the other, but it appears to give even stronger AS than the oil milk. And it's completely enjoyable. But then I like milk :)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18