Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
to the women here

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: to the women here  (Read 9941 times)

umm

to the women here
« on: March 04, 2008, 02:41:29 AM »

hi all, i just wanna ask if anyone has tried this diet while breastfeeding. is it advisable to use the diet every other day? i want to start but am concerned about my baby's getting nourished if i don't feel like eating most of the time. thanks.

shovelqueen

Re: to the women here
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 03:48:19 AM »

How old is your baby?  Is he/she eating anything else besides breastmilk yet?

In my opinion, taking the oil or sugar water is not likely to cause any problems with the milk, but it is really important that your intake stays high enough that your milk supply is not jepardized.  I would suggest that you do SLD, but have a structured eating plan to follow to ensure that you get enough of the right nutrients.  That way you will benefit from the "reduced cravings" part of SLD, and make healthiest possible choices, but still ensure yourself of an adequate intake. 

In other words, plan yourself a really healthy diet of maybe 1800-2000 calories, then add the oil, and see what happens.  Hopefully, your "nursing mom" hunger levels will lead you to the right amount of food. 

I don't think anyone has tried to hypothesize about the effect of breastfeeding on the setpoint.  I just know from personal experience that my weight didn't want to move down while I was nursing.  But I also remember that I loved nursing above most other things, and wished my kids had kept at it for longer (they did 9-10 months each, but that was years ago - they're teenagers now).  It's a warm, wonderful thing!

"Strength, balance, joy!"

umm

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 05:34:24 AM »

thanks so much for your input, shovel queen. my baby is 10 months now and is getting to eat solid food but he still loves to nurse often{like 6 times during the day and 4-5 at night]. i'll try to eat nutritious meals but i sure can't lose weight on a 1800-2000 daily intake because i am seriously overweight [176 pounds at 5 ft 4"]and don't have much time to exercise as i have 3 kids the eldest being 4.
nonetheless, i guess i'll start and see how it goes.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 06:41:58 AM »

he still loves to nurse often{like 6 times during the day and 4-5 at night].

when my daughter was 10 months old she only nursed 4 times a day.  :shock:  and ate solid food the rest of the time.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

umm

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 07:11:51 AM »

yeah, guess its a boyish thing. :o

one800eatashoe

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 09:37:19 PM »

It must be a boyish thing!

My son refused anything but breastmilk, for a very long time! At ten months he was eating normal foods, but still brestfed about as much as you said yours does.

terio

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 07:43:15 AM »

When I was breastfeeding (which was a looooong time ago) I found the most important thing to keep my milk supply up was to make sure I got enough fluids.  I figured that the extra padding I accumulated during pregnancy was there as a source of breastmilk calories.

umm

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 01:16:42 AM »

I have been on the diet on and off for some time, never stayed more than a week without giving up as i was not confident with the safety of the canola oil i was using. I lost a few pounds but not much. I was lucky enough to get ELOO at last and decided to start all over, and I have been consistent for 9 days, no weight loss yet but I noticed AS for the first time yesterday, so hopefully, its going to work for me too. My  baby is still nursing, he is 14 months old. I really don't want to give up again, so I am not stopping until i see changes. please wish me luck.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 07:27:30 AM »

Good luck!
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

multitasker

• Pharmacy Pacific
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 11:33:05 AM »

Breastfeeding while having a diet is highly not advisable. Your baby may be the one who will suffer. Try to consult a doctor to be sure.

adventurer

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 08:39:04 PM »

This diet is fine because oil is not going to be bad for ur baby.   Better to eat healthy than eat cheetos and get fat like Britney spears did. Do not live in Beijing w ur baby. Air pollution will hurt her while sld won't   The air pollution in Beijing will kill
U too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18