Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Ann H 172-174 since 11/05, started 192 9/05

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ann H 172-174 since 11/05, started 192 9/05  (Read 3594 times)

Ann H

Ann H 172-174 since 11/05, started 192 9/05
« on: May 29, 2006, 05:31:40 AM »

I've posted lots of details elsewhere (I run a small blog at http://annhendricksshangrila.blogspot.com/ ), so I'll summarize here and take my place among other "longish-term" users.

I started on sugar water in September 05. I was 5 months postpartum, breastfeeding, and 192 pounds: 20 pounds over pre-baby weight. It took me almost two years, including regular activity (was a university lecturer and trotted all over campus) and intense athletic swimming, to lose a similar amount of fat after my first baby.

The methods worked fantastically well for me and I lost those 20 pounds of baby fat in less than 3 months. This was especially impressive considering I had no proper exercise this time around: was no longer a lecturer and had just huswifery + baby + preschooler routine. I ate very well the entire time: two solid meals plus a light dinner if I wished. I had plenty of milk for breastfeeding.

Those 20 pounds took me out of "obesity", and made a huge difference in my health, energy, and body satisfaction.

I have kept my weight roughly the same since November. I have often not complied very well on the diet, and yet my irregular "application" of it has worked to keep the weight off. If I REALLY do not comply for a while, my weight will go up a few pounds; applying the methods consistently drops it again within 2-3 days.

Since early May I've tried to apply the methods more intensively, using oil this time, to lose further weight which goes back 4 years to my first baby, and seems rather "stuck".

However, in addition to mom-ing, I'm now in a busy cycle of my home-based consulting work, so it's hard to stick to the methods perfectly. (May need to work even when tired: then must eat or drink for energy.) Exercise is still hard to come by. I cannot now really "diet", due to breastfeeding. It seems natural my weight loss will continue to be slow until I can change some of these factors. But before SLD, I would be gaining weight in these circumstances.

Anyway, through all the irregularities, I seem to be slowly losing again, and will post back when it's clear. The diet has worked wonderfully for me, and I absolutely recommend it. I am no longer afraid of getting irreversibly fat, and feel like I really have a working tool in my toolbox. After a lifetime of fear, I am free. (Just still a bit too fat for the time being. :) )

Ann H
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 05:37:33 AM by Ann H »

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
Re: Ann H 172-174 since 11/05, started 192 9/05
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 02:07:05 PM »

After a lifetime of fear, I am free. (Just still a bit too fat for the time being. Smile )

Nicely said, glad to have you posting here.

Your blog made a big difference to me when I was trying to sort it all out.

akhdar

Re: Ann H 172-174 since 11/05, started 192 9/05
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 10:12:50 PM »

Ann H., where art thou?  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18