Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
karky's long road home

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 76   Go Down

Author Topic: karky's long road home  (Read 366479 times)

karky

• Life is Good!
Re: karky's long road home
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2008, 01:44:32 PM »

You'll have to post pictures of your morels for me when you find them this year. I like to find then when they are dinky and photograph how much bigger they get. But usually I'm too nervous about someone else getting them to leave them behind. 8) You'll have to see if you can spot your huge white ones when they're tiny and resist picking them. Just thinking about morels popping up makes me very happy! How do you cook them?
DH usually sees the ones in the yard as they are disappearing under the front of the lawn mower.  :lol:  But hopefully this will be a good season, what with all the snow and rain.

Isn't the age of digital cameras wonderful?  When I used film, I wouldn't take 75, and they usually came out crappy, but I didn't know until I developed the film 3 years later.

Tell me about it.  And then you got double prints of a bunch of awful pictures of people with no heads.  :lol:

why did the chicken cross the road? :lol:

Why, to get to the other side of course!
or like they say in Texas-
To show the armadillo it could be done.

:lol:

Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2008, 03:44:11 PM »

Karkinha, beautiful pics, 75 or no 75!
All I see from my window is dogs and sometimes rabbits on a vacant lot behind our neighborood. Once there was a snake near the building door, on the street. I almost parked my car on it. Then I looked and it looked like a fake snake, like the ones we use on carnival for pranks. Then I was going to pick it up, but suddenly it unwound itself. I never ran up the stairs more quickly !! I screamed to my husband a snake on the kerb! I showed it from the window, and right then a man with a long stick was getting the snake to wind itself around the stick, and both disappeared. Later a neighbor said snakes sometimes come from the vacant lot.

I filmed some chameleons on the beach last August , I have to post that on youtube.

Karky.... !!! I'm home right now, and my son just walked behind where I'm sitting and looked to my PC sccreen. He looked and looked at your picture and said: Are you writing to the President of Finnland? - Then he looked again and said: ah, no, this lady's much younger. Then he looked again, and looked at me and said: She looks like you!  :lol:

A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2008, 05:14:30 PM »

Karkinha, beautiful pics, 75 or no 75!
All I see from my window is dogs and sometimes rabbits on a vacant lot behind our neighborood. Once there was a snake near the building door, on the street. I almost parked my car on it. Then I looked and it looked like a fake snake, like the ones we use on carnival for pranks. Then I was going to pick it up, but suddenly it unwound itself. I never ran up the stairs more quickly !! I screamed to my husband a snake on the kerb! I showed it from the window, and right then a man with a long stick was getting the snake to wind itself around the stick, and both disappeared. Later a neighbor said snakes sometimes come from the vacant lot.

I filmed some chameleons on the beach last August , I have to post that on youtube.

Karky.... !!! I'm home right now, and my son just walked behind where I'm sitting and looked to my PC sccreen. He looked and looked at your picture and said: Are you writing to the President of Finnland? - Then he looked again and said: ah, no, this lady's much younger. Then he looked again, and looked at me and said: She looks like you!  :lol:

I don't think I look like the President of Finland.  Although we have the same haircut I guess.  The President of Finland and Conan OBrian, now they look related!  8)  :lol:  :lol:
How nice of him to say I look like you.

We have some snakes around here, but no poisonous ones.  Just garter snakes and blue racers.

strongjen

« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2008, 12:56:54 AM »

Ha!  Never heard the one about the armadillo!  In NC, it would be the possum(opossum?) 

Karky.... !!! I'm home right now, and my son just walked behind where I'm sitting and looked to my PC sccreen. He looked and looked at your picture and said: Are you writing to the President of Finnland? - Then he looked again and said: ah, no, this lady's much younger. Then he looked again, and looked at me and said: She looks like you!  Laughing

heehee  How old is your son?

1/7:148 lbs
exercise
2/6:144 lbs
exercise plus sld
4/4:133 lbs

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2008, 03:34:13 AM »

Heeh heeh heeh his ID card and my accounts say 21, but he can be a big baby sometimes  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2008, 10:43:38 PM »

SANEKKES....SKKAANNEEESS.....SNAAAAKKKESSS!!!

SNAKES !!! maaa!!! brrrrr!!!

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2008, 03:48:39 AM »

My grandparents used to winter in Florida and summer in Michgan.
When it was time to come back up here, my Grandma would always get their stuff ready and stack it on their deck, and my Grandpa would load it into their van.
One year they did this, and got up here, and we all went and helped them unload their stuff into their house.
A few days later, my Grandpa was watching TV, and the light was weird, so he looked up at the light fixture in the living room, and there was a giant snake in it.  :shock:
What do you do?  If you try to take the light cover off the snake leaves and is in the ceiling.  :shock:
He went and got his pellet gun and shot it.
Turned out it was a 5 ft corn snake that had gotten into their stuff while it was sitting on their deck in Florida waiting to get packed up in the van.

EEEEEK!
 :lol:

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2008, 02:04:22 PM »

altho we do have a couple of snakes they are very elusive and never seen unless perhaps you go th a reserve.

however it has been know for individual snakes (esp in the past) to come onto our island with freight.

i remember as a small girl everyone shouting in the street that there was a snake.  we all looked out of the balcony and sure enough there was this huge black snake slithering down the pavement.  now the old houses in that neighbourhood all had cellars and the only air/light that got into these was through  iron grills in the pavement!!  everyone was scared that it would fall down the grating into their cellar!!

i still get nightmares about this snake!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2008, 09:12:12 AM »

here's a beautiful bug I just photographed by my door: it's 2 inches long. I don't know what it is, it's not a butterfly. And not a snake this time  :lol:

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2008, 02:13:19 PM »

Looks like a moth.  I wonder what kind. 
It is very pretty.  2 inches is pretty good sized too.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2008, 03:02:32 AM »

Yeah, it's pretty, the yellow was actually brighter than the pic shows.  :)

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2008, 03:08:25 AM »

I actually googled moths and Portugal  and looked at about 10 pages, but it never came up.
I liked the black/yellow pattern on it.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2008, 03:11:21 AM »

Ok new picture of me this morning, still hovering around 85 lbs this week
Looks like it is time for a haircut  :lol:  8)

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2008, 03:14:03 AM »

Good idea you had...
Mmmm a new species by my door? I must register the finding.  Mothus pinkmugae maybe...  :D
Yeah, the pattern. The perfect symmetry is striking!!  8)

Ahh new photo. You look so fresh and happy! YAY! You rock!!!!!!!!!  :D

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2008, 03:17:58 AM »

I usually look fresher and happier when it's not almost time to go to work...but what can ya do?  got to get the money so I can afford to buy eloo.
 8)  8)  :lol:  :lol:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 76   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18