Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
karky's long road home

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 76   Go Down

Author Topic: karky's long road home  (Read 357477 times)

one800eatashoe

Re: karky's long road home
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2008, 06:02:56 PM »

Not so much snow all at once, it melted in between times.  Mostly just over knee deep at one time.

That is still entirely too much for my liking!! I think the deepest it got here was 4 or 5 inches, it lasted for 4 days, and I was about ready to rip my hair out!

Heidi 555

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2008, 06:13:25 PM »

That baby fox was soooo cute!!!!
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

lvivianka

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2008, 08:07:01 PM »

you have some really cute animals around. I live in Ohio and we have had about 80 inches of snow so far. we are getting used to snowy Easters, but today it is 49 and raining.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2008, 02:18:25 AM »

We could never have outside Easter egg hunts outside when I was young.  Too much snow.
It's just in the last few years that the snow has been gone on Easter.  Of course the fact that Easter was the earliest it can be doesn't help the snow issue.  :lol:

I suppose I have Spring Fever.  8)

That baby fox was soooo cute!!!!
I can't believe that baby fox sat there and let her take it's picture.  They are usually pretty skittish.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2008, 07:05:06 AM »

We had about ten inches of snow overall this winter and I was going nutso! I couldn't imagine living in so much snow! I prefer my dreary Washington rain!

Me too, shoe!!  Where do you live in our beautiful Evergreen state?

T-Vix

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2008, 03:43:44 PM »

We usually get 10 inches of snow at one time. :shock:
Lake effect snow.
Not my favorite.
Caused by Lake Michigan temperatures affecting any storms coming across from Wisconsin.
The temp of the water interacts with the moisture in the storm, and causes it to dump excessive amounts of snow in what they call "the snow belt"

one800eatashoe

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2008, 05:02:55 PM »

Me too, shoe!!  Where do you live in our beautiful Evergreen state?

T-Vix

I live on the peninsula, Kitsap County. You?

strongjen

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2008, 02:12:12 AM »

When I lived in chicago, I was jealous of Michigan getting all that snow.  coming from NC, snow was a pretty cool thing.  In Chicago, it was brutally cold, but dry.  Now in Zurich, it is grey and rainy and around 33 degrees F a lot of the winter, and I would happily take some more cold for snow or sun.

Karky, your pics are amazing!  Very professional-looking.  I would love to see all those animals.  Instead I see lots of cows.  One day I was sitting here at the computer and saw one walk across the street and into my carport.  (I live in suburban looking neighborhood with farms on several sides.)  Another day a cow walked across the main street in my village as I was driving up.  I laughed hysterically.  Another day a chicken crossed the road in the same place as I drove up, and I laughed even harder.

1/7:148 lbs
exercise
2/6:144 lbs
exercise plus sld
4/4:133 lbs

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2008, 03:19:53 AM »

Karky, your pics are amazing!  Very professional-looking.  I would love to see all those animals.  Instead I see lots of cows.  One day I was sitting here at the computer and saw one walk across the street and into my carport.  (I live in suburban looking neighborhood with farms on several sides.)  Another day a cow walked across the main street in my village as I was driving up.  I laughed hysterically.  Another day a chicken crossed the road in the same place as I drove up, and I laughed even harder.

It is easy to get at least 1 good picture when you took about 75.  8)

One time my mom and I were out two-tracking (which is driving through the woods on very poor dirt roads that have grass in the middle with  "two tracks" to drive in)
It was springtime and we were looking for morel mushrooms, we had the windows down, when we heard loud crashing and rustling.  Out of the brush popped a cow.  :shock:  A cow
No farms near there to have escaped from.  Took a minute to figure out it was a cow.  We were expecting a bear from all the noise it was making, and a cow was completely out of context.  :lol: 
Just that it wasn't a bear was a relief!  :lol:

The other suprising thing is that all those animals from my yard are coming right into town.  I live on the last street in town before the countryside, but it is still right in town.  Sidewalks and everything. 
Might be more correct to call it a village.  Population in my town is approximately 225.  I don't know if that includes dogs and cats or not.  8)

Heidi 555

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2008, 06:03:02 AM »

Did you find morel mushrooms?   
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2008, 06:09:05 AM »

usually find some every year  8)
sometimes get huge white ones in my yard under my honeysuckle bush.

Heidi 555

« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2008, 06:51:24 AM »

You'll have to post pictures of your morels for me when you find them this year.  I like to find then when they are dinky and photograph how much bigger they get.  But usually I'm too nervous about someone else getting them to leave them behind.  8)  You'll have to see if you can spot your huge white ones when they're tiny and resist picking them.  Just thinking about morels popping up makes me very happy!  How do you cook them?   
I'm 5' 4.5"

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2008, 09:00:07 AM »

Me too, shoe!! Where do you live in our beautiful Evergreen state?

T-Vix

I live on the peninsula, Kitsap County. You?

Currently in Vancouver, but I grew up in Puyallup.  My parents live on Whidbey Island, so we get up your way several times a year.  Maybe we could get together sometime when I get up to your neck of the woods.

It is easy to get at least 1 good picture when you took about 75.  8)

Isn't the age of digital cameras wonderful?  When I used film, I wouldn't take 75, and they usually came out crappy, but I didn't know until I developed the film 3 years later.

Population in my town is approximately 225.  I don't know if that includes dogs and cats or not.  8)

Sometimes I think the population in my house exceeds 225 (including cats)!!  :shock:

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2008, 12:09:38 PM »

strongjen - why did the chicken cross the road?   :lol:

what amazing places you all live in!!!!

its great that we can all meet on the www and get a glimpse of each others lives!!!

strongjen

« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2008, 01:01:56 PM »

maybe she was looking for the cow.

1/7:148 lbs
exercise
2/6:144 lbs
exercise plus sld
4/4:133 lbs
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 76   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18