Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
karky's long road home

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 76   Go Down

Author Topic: karky's long road home  (Read 357713 times)

karky

• Life is Good!
karky's long road home
« on: March 01, 2008, 06:43:11 AM »

Well, it has been nearly 1 year ( on March 15) now since I found out about SLD.  And I have lost 84 lbs. which is totally amazing to me!  So maybe it is time to post some stats.
84lbs = 7 Thanksgiving turkeys   :shock:
        = 10 1/2 gallons of milk    :shock:
        = 21  2 litre bottles of Coca Cola.   :shock:
It has definitely been a long road, and I am only 1/2 way there.  But luckily for me, the road hasn't been too hilly, mainly a nice flat, straight road.

I have done SLD with all sugar water, ELOO and sugar water, and all ELOO.  AS has been awesome with all 3.  I mainly use ELOO now, mostly because of ease of use.  I am too lazy to take the time you need to avoid blood sugar spikes with sugar water.  However, if I travel, sugar water is easier to store in a cooler, so that is what I take.

I take lots of vitamins.  A multi-vitamin, calcium, vitamin D, vitamin C, fish oil, and digestive enzymes along with acidophilis.

Sometimes I go for a walk.  Maybe I shovel a little snow.  No regular exercise for me.

Generally I am not hungry for breakfast, and I have a light lunch and a Lean Cuisine type dinner on the weekdays and cook on the weekends.  Lean Cuisine type dinners are helpful because I have issues with portion control.  I try to drink over 100 oz of fluid a day, including water, coffee, iced tea, and Coke Zero.  Generally, I don't want a lot of goodies any more, but if I do, I can stop with, say, one cookie, which for me was unheard of. YAY!

Pounds lost:
April 07 = 12.4
May 07 = 10.2
June 07 = 12.6
July 07 = 5.6
Aug 07 = 9.8
Sept 07 = 9.4
Oct 07 = 8.6
Nov 07 = 6.8
Dec 07 = 0
Jan 08 = 9.4
Feb 08 = 5.8
For an average of almost 8 lbs a month.

Since April 16, 2007 when I finally got around to measuring myself, until February 16, 2008 I have lost some inches.

forearms = 2"
biceps= 4"
calves= 4"
thighs= 7"
hips= 10"
waist= 9"
ribs= 2"   I only thought of measuring my rib cage on November 3, since my breast measurement keeps changing.
breasts= 7"   this changes depending on my bra  :lol:
neck= 5"

April 30, 2007                                                                                                       March 1, 2008

Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

Caligal

Re: karky's long road home
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 11:18:53 AM »

Karky....way to go....those pictures don't lie.......you must be soooo happy with all the weight and inch loss.

I'm so happy for you.

CALIGAL
Member since 2006
Restarting Jan 09

shovelqueen

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 11:58:36 AM »

Fabulous, gal!!  You just exude radiant self-confidence now.  Thanks for the inspiring update.

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Heidi 555

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 12:23:14 PM »

Karky - you look fantastic!  What a difference.  A picture really is worth a 1000 words.  I think Seth should put your photos (as well as others) in the next edition of his book.

I have lost 84 lbs. since April 17, when I bought a scale.  I was doing SLD a month without one, so I don't know exactly how much I have lost, but my clothes got so loose, I couldn't stand not knowing, so I broke down and got a scale. 
I think you should estimate how much you lost in that first month and add it to your total.  You easily could have lost at least 12 additional pounds or more that you haven't been counting.  March 07 = 12 (estimate)  I say add them in.  Don't cheat yourself just because you don't know the exact number.  Your guess would probably be pretty accurate.

Also, I've really appreciated all your helpful posts to so many newbies.  There have been quite a few times when I see some new person's question, and I think to myself, "Oh, I hope Karky will answer this one."  And sure enough you do.  Either that or you've already answered their question, by the time I've seen the post.  You are so patient with answering the most basic questions over and over again.  You really take the time to thoughtfully do that, more than anyone else here.  Thanks. 
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 07:05:34 PM »

You guys are too kind 8)
That is why I hang out here so much.

rps930

• Food For Fuel
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 07:51:22 PM »

Thanks for sharing Karky, you are amazing, so helpful to everyone, a true inspiration.  Think I'll try the little frozen dinners, been on this plateau  far to long. 

lvivianka

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 08:00:00 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS!!! you are an inspiration to us all.

Ivrian

• Let your dreams devour your life, not the opposite
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 09:41:58 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS!!! you are an inspiration to us all.

I totally agree with that. That's awesome, the pictures show us the long road you've done. Thanks, Karky, for sharing such an amazing experience. It helps us believe we can achieve that too.

bloo

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 02:55:54 AM »

Karky, thanks for sharing these! I hope you donīt mind me linking this to a German diet board. Some SLD girls there on plateaus need some boost ;)

5 ft. 5, 139 lbs. Goal weight: 136 lbs.

strongjen

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 04:30:57 AM »

:D KARKY, WOW!!!  I am so very happy you shared these, and the information also all in one place!  I am just speechless (good thing, no one's around right now).  I keep looking over and over again at your pictures, and thinking, wow.  I guess the pics and description here of what you do and eat have a really big impact on me because I've read so many of your posts and replies to my posts.  You get incomplete ideas of people in your head.  It is really a different thing when you get just a little more info about someone all together, like how you've done it (oil only, oil and sw, sw only), what you eat on a daily basis.  And you can think to yourself when you hear a number 86 pounds, holy cow that's a lot.  But here you can REALLY SEE IT.  Just wow.  Like shovelqueen said, you exude radiant self-confidence.  I am so happy for you!!!  And as a newbie, I must echo Heidi's kind words about your responses.

One cookie, fantastic.  And it's good to hear this is still working for you in spite of the coke zero.  I like it a lot, but then I always worry a bit when I read about the havoc artificial sweeteners can have.  And I agree again with Heidi, include an extra 12 pounds lost.  If your clothes got loose that first month, and since you know you lost so much the 2nd month, I'm sure you lost at least that much or more the first month.

YOU ARE FANTASTIC!!! :P

1/7:148 lbs
exercise
2/6:144 lbs
exercise plus sld
4/4:133 lbs

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 06:07:48 AM »

Well, I know I lost 12 lbs in the first 2 WEEKS I was weighing myself. 
So quite possibly it could be a total of maybe 20 lbs more, which would put me over 100 lbs.
HOLY MOLY!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  That's a whole flickad!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

In other news, I went into the bank the other day and the teller, who I haven't seen in a while, didn't recognize me at first.  8)

Karky, thanks for sharing these! I hope you donīt mind me linking this to a German diet board. Some SLD girls there on plateaus need some boost
go ahead.  plateaus are teh suck!  I never would have made it this far without this forum.

Think I'll try the little frozen dinners, been on this plateau  far to long.
there is enough different kinds you can alternate them and avoid the ditto effect.  I try to get different ones every week.
You could always donate blood to break a plateau.  It has worked twice for me so far.  8) 

I can't say this enough:
Everyone here must share the credit for helping me.  I never could have made it this far without all the support flying around on this board.

8)  8)  8)  8)

lvivianka

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 10:42:51 AM »

when my husband lost 40 lbs the bank clerk said the driver's license is not his. he felt great about the lack of recognition... :lol:

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 12:14:54 PM »

....Suddenly....I'm just half the gal I used to beeeeeee.........and my shadow's getting soooo skinnnyyyyyy............

Are you singing this song Karky?  You look FANTASTIC - and you must feel bloody brilliant too! Congratulations, and hang in there - you're a real inspiration!

Everyone here must share the credit for helping me.  I never could have made it this far without all the support flying around on this board.
It's lovely that you feel this way Karky.....but I think you've given far more back to the forum  :D

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 12:17:56 PM »

when my husband lost 40 lbs the bank clerk said the driver's license is not his. he felt great about the lack of recognition...

LOLZ
good thing for me, the bank is a local one and I actually know the bank teller.

Magpie, you are too nice, soon my head will swell.
of course if it did, my hind end will look smaller.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 03:16:39 AM »

Like I said on the other thread... W - O - W !!!!! You deserve it, Karky, and you're my official current inspiration as of now  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 76   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18