Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Won't Power

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Won't Power  (Read 11997 times)

Denise

Won't Power
« on: May 29, 2006, 01:54:39 AM »

This may be like will power, but I never had will power so I don't know.  I have won't power now.

IF I choose to eat I can eat, for sure.  If I choose not to, I just don't and it doesn't bother me at all.  And I think some people are having trouble just choosing not to.  If it's the time to eat, one eats.  I don't have a family, so I don't have to cook and sit at the table.  My lunch is my social meal.  I find that I don't want any others.  I'm trying to eat cottage cheese in the non-lunch time now so that I get enough protein.  But when I do eat I can eat, although I get fuller faster.

I've just found that for some reason I have won't power.  If I don't start I won't continue, and not starting is now so easy.

Jane Ann

Re: Won't Power
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 07:34:05 AM »

You are doing awesome.  What kind of oil are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

I am using the extra light olive oil.  It does say a small amount of virgin is added.  It is working "ok" but I wonder if canola oil, which appears to have even less taste (based on posts I've read) would work better.  Just curious what has worked for you.

Thanks.

jzkc

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 08:32:53 AM »

I agree, Denise.  I have some clients who always want to work through lunch to finish, which used to leave me starving, cranky, feeling rotten.  On Wednesday this week, I was on an assignment where we worked through lunch and it didn't matter to me at all.  I felt just as good when the job ended as I had when it started at 9:30.  We quit about 3, I went to the deli in the basement of our building, had a bowl of vegetable soup (about 6 oz.) and I was good to go.  It's such a great feeling!  I probably could have done without the veggie soup, but I'm one of those who is still eating because it's time to eat.  Some habits die hard!  I am still trying to get 1200-1300 calories in every day because conventional wisdom tells me that's a safe amount, but some evenings I look at my calorie log and think, Dang, somehow somewhere, I've got to get 200 more calories in today!

Ronnie

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 10:43:04 AM »

I'm with you Denise.  I've never  before had this ability to "not start".  A lot easier said than done, til now.  I'm still having trouble with portions.  I'm putting too much food together for my meals, still adjusting to the fact that I'm eating less per sitting.  I especially notice when I pack a lunch and sometime before it's finished I realize I don't need or want to eat anymore, I've just kept eating because it's there, and it appears to be a "normal" portion for me.  So I'm trying to retrain my brain to see half of my regular portion as what I need.  What a concept! 

I've been thinking about the fact that when I tried Weight Watchers, I would try to eat tons of low point or no point foods with my meals cause I was simply too hungry with the little amount of food it took til my points were up.  So I sometimes randomly do a little informal point count (including the oil) of the day - not a problem now.  Makes me want to do the hula dance on dixie_amazon's ticker at a WW meeting.  Alas, they lost me some time ago...

Denise

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 09:33:37 PM »

I'm doing canola.

And Ronnie, yes, I'm starting to think that a regular weight loss plan, like WW, would be perfect with this (giving the oil points of course), because I never could do points with that old appetite, but it seems like it would be a breeze with this new appetite.  Hm, I wouldn't even have to try to spare the points with all low-cal stuff, just eat whatever and stop at those points.  It does seem doable now that I'm having to force some meals.  Or substitute any points for any free healthy eating plan that never worked before due to the hunger.

Ronnie

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 09:42:46 PM »

Actually Denise I was just thinking I might get serious about tracking points for a while and see how it goes.  I'll let you know.

Denise

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 09:47:47 PM »

I may actually try the Zone.  It seems healthy and the small fist-sized portions made me laugh before but not anymore.

eliza

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 03:20:26 AM »

I read you  post is so much informative for me.I like it.I book mark it and mail all of my friends to check it.

____________________------

eliza
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18