Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
omega fish oil capsules

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: omega fish oil capsules  (Read 3219 times)

hanna

omega fish oil capsules
« on: February 04, 2008, 03:53:23 PM »

Can I take omega fish oil capsules (1000mg per capsule).  If yes how many should I take to get my daily oils in and how often?

terio

Re: omega fish oil capsules
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 05:26:28 PM »

Yes, you can take fish oil capsules.  Just be prepared to take A LOT of them.  A 1000mg fish oil capsule has 10 calories.  There are 120 calories in a tablespoon of oil.  If your goal is to get 2 tablespoons worth of calories from the capsules you need to take 24 of them.  3 tablespoons worth would be 36 capsules.

KrebsCycle

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 04:48:57 PM »

I Ain't No Doctor But

If I were a post-menopausal woman concerned about bone health and thinking of slamming down large doses of fish oil, I would at least seek out the low-Vitamin A brands of fish oil.

http://tinyurl.com/2b3fae

The evolving research relating Vitamin A to bone risk is an interesting one to watch. Personally, I hedge my bets (and my wife's bets) by taking as many different molecules in the Vitamin K family (most of which are not present in a typical multi-vitamin) as possible, since it's possible that the polyunsaturated fatty acids in fish oil are interfering with Vitamin K to produce worse bones in women (but not in mice!).

And, though I Ain't No Doctor, my wife had a relatively uncommon increase in BMD last year despite being on estrogen-depletion therapy. Though whether it's the pills I feed her, her significant amounts of load-bearing exercise, or neither or both is impossible to say.

Flabba

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 07:54:38 PM »

Hi Krebs,
I can speak about fish oil.  I have been taking lots of it and have just had a wonderful blood test result.  My cholesterol is low with an excellent ratio that shows that the good cholesterol is much higher than the bad one.  I also use magnesium citrate for bone health, bio-identical hormone cream, and xylitol as a sweetener (they say it helps re-mineralize your teeth and bones, also I supplement moderately with calcium citrate.  The end result after a year is that I have no more osteoporosis.
My blood work showed I am no longer breaking down bone.  I know I have been feeling good for a long time now in my back and hips.  Thank the Lord.
Flabba
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18