Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Peanut oil?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peanut oil?  (Read 2923 times)

platinum107

Peanut oil?
« on: February 03, 2008, 03:48:38 PM »

Hi everyone, I borrowed and read a friend's copy of this diet and plan to start tomorrow, and I know there was a page about the types of oils but i don't have the book anymore  :( I was wondering if peanut oil is okay to use since its pretty cheap and (i think) flavorless, i know ELOO is popular but its kinda pricey.

akhdar

Re: Peanut oil?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 10:05:29 PM »

Hi Platinum107,

I am not too familiar with peanut oil but you could always purchase some noseclips for when you drink and follow your dose with (or emulsify it in) water to diminish the flavour. You can find noseclips in a sporting store.

Welcome to the forum!

Best,

Akhdar

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 10:36:04 PM »

Hi Platinum107, and welcome to the forum!

Most / many people here do ELOO because of the health benefits of ELOO, and because it works!!  "Kinda pricy" -  how expensive is it where you are?  How much will it cost you per day, and how much will you save by eating less? 

By all means try the peanut oil, but don't disregard the ELOO either.

Keep posting - and I look forward to seeing your progress

platinum107

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:15:07 AM »

thanks, I'll consider picking up some ELOO today, but I also just realized - I have some "Smart Balance" oil too - its a mix of soybean, canola, and olive oil. Anyone here use that? I just smelled it and it smelled pretty light. I'll look into the nose clips, right now I'm just using my fingers

edit: also I have fish oil capsules i usually take with meals...I was reading up on omega 3's and I think I want to try those and see if they work

Blueswarrior

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 10:50:22 AM »

I've been alternating between peanut oil and refined coconut oil depending on what's most handy.  The peanut oil is absolutely flavorless, cheap and can be found in any supermarket where I live.  I've been using it for a year now and the appetite suppression has been rock solid.  I highly recommend it.  I don't know if it has the best omega 6 to omega 3 profile but I figure the 70 pounds lost has given my body the best health and energy boost so far. Try it out for yourself and see how it goes.

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 01:49:13 PM »

Wow Blueswarrior, that's great to know about the peanut oil working so well for you and.............   
70 lbs lost   :shock: :D- and you've ONLY POSTED 12 TIMES!!!!!  :shock: :shock: Don't be so shy - we all LOVE hearing success stories like yours!!  :D

platinum107

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 03:22:19 PM »

I've been alternating between peanut oil and refined coconut oil depending on what's most handy.  The peanut oil is absolutely flavorless, cheap and can be found in any supermarket where I live.  I've been using it for a year now and the appetite suppression has been rock solid.  I highly recommend it.  I don't know if it has the best omega 6 to omega 3 profile but I figure the 70 pounds lost has given my body the best health and energy boost so far. Try it out for yourself and see how it goes.

Thanks for your insight blueswarrior! I actually have been using some smart balance oil but it hasn't started working yet. Also, Ive been reading on the benefits of coconut oil and the bad things about soy & canola (in Smart Balance) and am thinking of switching since I dont want to be using the SB oil longterm. How has that refined coconut oil been working out? I know the virgin one is flavored, I've used it before, but the refined has no smell or taste right? I think Im going to go to walmart and pick some up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18