sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I have tried SLD for a week, and for the first time in about 15 years i am not hungry at the end of the day.  What a gift! -- kathy

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Nose clipping lots of food really works – it's easier!  (Read 87901 times)

m.c.

• Pluckychickenheart
Re: Nose clipping lots of food really works – it's easier!
« Reply #330 on: August 16, 2009, 03:58:23 pm »

Heidi you are beautiful before and after!
 What I really appreciate in your after pic is the degree that you seem truly happy in your own skin. You don't look a bit like you are trying to shrink from yourself like you do a tad in the first picture. ( If that makes any sense) . Thank You for sharing your image with the rest of us. I don't think there are any spirit stealers among us. :)

xo
Mari
Have arrived at the new Normal.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #331 on: August 17, 2009, 02:07:49 am »

not amongst us - but you never know who might be lurking....trolls and such.... :D

terio

« Reply #332 on: August 23, 2009, 08:18:34 pm »

I'm so happy that you like hooping!!  Great abs.  I don't know if I'd have the nerve to have my picture taken without my tummy covered.  It sounds like you have really taken hooping a lot farther than I have.  How did you go about starting a hooping group and classes?  I know that I have turned a lot of people on to hooping and I'd like to do more with it.

Heidi 555

« Reply #333 on: August 24, 2009, 03:38:44 am »

What I really appreciate in your after pic is the degree that you seem truly happy in your own skin. You don't look a bit like you are trying to shrink from yourself like you do a tad in the first picture.
m.c. -- I've been thinking about what you said since you posted it.  Trying to feel that deep level of comfort with self and body is such an elusive thing.  Definitely losing the weight enabled me to feel much more comfortable in my body.  Definitely hooping brings me a deep sense of flow and centeredness in my own skin.  But I want deeper and more of it.  Seems like you can't get enough or too much of it. 

not amongst us - but you never know who might be lurking....trolls and such....
Yeah it's the unknown spirit stealers who make me uneasy...

I don't know if I'd have the nerve to have my picture taken without my tummy covered.
I didn't have the nerve but did it anyhow.  Terio, I'll answer the rest of your questions about hooping on your hula hoop thread.
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

Clarinette

« Reply #334 on: August 24, 2009, 06:27:50 am »

Heidο.

I didn't mean that you where aging thou. I meant that you where pretty and looking good :).

Heidi 555

« Reply #335 on: August 24, 2009, 08:40:11 am »

Clarinette, I knew that you meant that I look young with gray hair.  You are very encouraging and supportive.  I'd like to adopt you as my fairy godmother.  :D 

I just think I look old when I compare myself to pictures before I had gray hair.  But I'm not going to dye it. 

Congrats on your 50 pound loss!  You have done so well and you are always an inspiration with your amazing attitude.
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

Heidi 555

« Reply #336 on: September 29, 2009, 02:08:19 pm »

I went to the doctor for a check up (it had been too long).  And this time I did not dread stepping on the doctor's scale.  About 7 or 8 years ago I stepped on that same scale and it said 150 pounds.  I was utterly shocked.  I immediately started dieting and trying way too hard to lose weight.  It was the catalyst that set me on this journey of weightloss and fitness that culminated in SLD and the current happy ending. 

Yesterday I was so happy to step on that scale again.  It said 120 pounds fully clothed with jeans and a day or two before TOM.  What happened to my PMS bloat?  I can't believe that disappeared.

I've got my hooping classes all set up.  Keeping fingers crossed that I get enough people to register for them. 

Life's been too stressful lately and I've had some health challenges to contend with.  So exercise has fallen by the wayside.  But hopefully I'll be able to get back to that soon.  I miss the inner feeling of being really fit.  Hope you all are doing well. 
I'm 5' 4.5"

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #337 on: September 30, 2009, 12:00:42 am »

hello heidi!!

how nice that you are doin so well and feeling so positive!
hope everything settles down soon heathwise!!
don't be a stranger!!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #338 on: September 30, 2009, 01:43:38 am »

Oooh pity, I missed your photos!!
I hope it all goes smoothly with hooping classes! I'd be your client if I lived near you!  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Maychi

« Reply #339 on: September 30, 2009, 04:40:03 am »

Sorry to hear about your health problems, Heidi, hope they all resolve soon.

Good luck with your hooping class!

And you know how I feel about your weight.... :D

Heidi 555

« Reply #340 on: October 03, 2009, 06:56:11 am »

Thanks nougat, Pinkmug, and Maychi.  I wish I had time to hang around and chat more.  Pink, I thought that perhaps you missed the pictures.  When I have a bit more time I'll either put them back up or pm them to you. 

I taught my first kids hula hoop class yesterday.  It was a great success.  10 girls mostly in grade 5 but some younger.  We hooped to Hannah Montana music.  Most of them could do a bunch of moves already.  I had them hooping across a huge gym space.  Great exercise and so much fun for them.  They loved the big hoops, especially my biggest one which you can use for tandem hooping.  A few of them tried tandem hooping with it. 

Also had an open house for people to try out hooping at a yoga studio where I'm going to teach.  That went well, too.  I got lots of exercise lugging around piles of hoops.  I was called the hula hooping lady by different people who saw me lugging them.  My adult classes start in a few weeks. 

SLD has become such an integrated part of my life.  There are days when I don't nose clip at all and days when I nose clip a lot.  I really don't think about it much and just flow with whatever I feel like doing.  I'm guessing that overall I'm not nose clipping as much as I use to.  Maybe it's half and half?  It seems like a lot of the time I don't care what I eat and am just eating to fuel my body.  And still plenty of time when I really enjoy and relish whatever I'm eating.  I like that food isn't quite as important as it use to be. 

My goal now is to tone my body more.  I hope to feel better and have more time to hoop and exercise.
I'm 5' 4.5"

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #341 on: October 04, 2009, 01:33:25 am »

hello hooping heidi!!

wow!! is all i can say!!!

its wonderful that you're doing sooo well with something you enjoy so much - best of best of luck with your classes!

Heidi 555

« Reply #342 on: November 20, 2009, 11:03:22 am »

Thanks nougat!

Maintenance continues to be really easy.  I don't nose clip as much as I use to.  Sometimes I go a day or two without nose clipping much at all.  Then I'll nose clip a lot for a day.  It's hard to say what percentage because I mix it up so much.  Maybe between 40-50%?  My pants have been a tiny bit looser.  I'm not sure if I built muscle or lost more weight.  The hooping continues to tighten my stomach.

Hooping is great.  I continue to love it.  The class has been excellent.  I wanted to teach more than one but didn't get enough enrollment for the second one.  Around 8-10 people come each week.  Maybe around 15 people altogether but some people don't come every time.  We're going to hula hoop in a parade next June or July.  At least that's the plan as of now.  Something fun to talk about and work towards.

My friend who did SLD and lost more than 40 pounds has gained it all back.  She says that SLD completely stopped working for her.  She was doing a lot of nose clipping.  I encouraged her to go back to the oil and see if that would still work.  It's strange that it would work so well but then completely stop working.
I'm 5' 4.5"

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #343 on: November 20, 2009, 01:08:22 pm »

glad you are having a great time with your class and doing so well with maintenance!!

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #344 on: December 09, 2009, 12:57:59 pm »

Heidi, that's really strange about your friend. 

I know I've read about this friend in your thread before, but I don't remember, did she start with another technique and THEN switch to noseclipping?  How long after her switch did she decide SLD wasn't working?  How did she do on the oil or other method?

I think it all boils down to that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" thought.  Its funny, I started on oil, but was using ELOO which made me sick, then sugar water which did nothing, then switched to CO, which didn't really do much for me, then I was noseclipping a shake with oil added for extra FF calories, then I experimented with xylitol.  But now I'm back to just straight oil (canola this time) for the last 4 months or so, and its been working wonderfully for me.  I wish I had started on Canola, because the only reason I stopped using ELOO is because it made me sick.  But its amazing how sometimes all it takes is a return to a simpler method and you restart the SLD method.

What I do find troubling, though, is the reports of people having regained the weight they lost.  I worry constantly that I'll see my goal weight, and then quickly gain everything back.  I wonder if the people who regain are still trying to adhere to SLD or if they are simply reaching their goal weight and settling back into old habits?

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18