Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Nose clipping lots of food really works Ė it's easier!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nose clipping lots of food really works Ė it's easier!  (Read 376216 times)

Heidi 555

Re: Nose clipping lots of food really works Ė it's easier!
« Reply #390 on: August 10, 2010, 06:46:55 AM »

Thanks TalkingRat.† I hadnít really been thinking about the stress of deworming but I think youíre right.† I was exceptionally constipated while I was deworming.† So that might have really contributed to the weight gain.  It has also been a stressful summer in terms of work.

Psychologically, I really needed to reverse the weight gain trend first.† My weight is now moving in the downward direction.† The combo of nose clipping and enlightened tasting is really powerful.† I hadnít been nose clipping that much because Iíd really been enjoying the taste of lots of fresh summer vegetables and berries.

Sanchiaza, a belated welcome to you.† I have been inspired by your posts and writing style.† I also have PCOS, and I started a post to you about it a long time ago.† Hopefully Iíll have time to finish it soon.† I think that my body has been in starvation mode for a long time (due to the worms) and I had no idea of it.† Iím really afraid of eating small amounts of food because Iíve never done that before.† I think my worst fear is eating nothing and simultaneously gaining weight.† So Iím relieved that I reversed the upward trend.†
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

TalkingRat

« Reply #391 on: August 10, 2010, 08:16:46 AM »

Heidi, great news that things are turning around for you.  I hope it continues to go well.

Sanchiaza

« Reply #392 on: August 11, 2010, 11:45:07 AM »

Yay, thanks Heidi  :D

Awesome news that things are moving downwards for you, hip hip hooray! (But they're only small hips  :lol:)

Heidi 555

« Reply #393 on: September 03, 2010, 05:39:48 PM »

Thanks TalkingRat and Sanchiaza, but unfortunately things only turned around for me for a short bit.

So Iíve been reluctant to come right out and say it, but Iíve been thinking it for a long time now.† Nose clipping is no longer working for me.† Or it is only working a small fraction of what it use to.† I think it stopped working for me back in January.

I am now about 5 or more pounds above my goal weight.† My pants no longer fit.† I have gone back up to a size 6.† The weight gain was completely unexpected as Iíd been doing everything that Iíd been doing and my diet has been exceptionally clean (no sugar or grain except for small amounts of fresh fruit).

Iíve been blaming my weight gain on three things:
1. Nose clipping a lot of calories is no longer working well for me
2. I had a huge parasite problem that is hopefully being eradicated
3. Perimenopausal hormone changes

My husband thinks that the enlightened tasting might be a factor in my weight gain.† (If heís right then in some ways it would be good news, as itís something that I have control over.)† But at this point I think itís the only thing that Iím doing that is still working.† Initially I lost weight easily when I first started it.† If it werenít for the enlightened tasting and the non-addictive food diet, then I never would have discovered that I had the roundworm parasite problem.† I still seem to be making slow but steady progress in terms of food addiction.

I compiled my history on SLD as a way to get clarity on my weight gain struggles that Iíve had this year.

End of October 2007: started SLD
Mid November 2007: started nose clipping
December 2007: started nose clipping a large percentage of my food
Mid January 2008: had lost 10 pounds in the first 2 Ĺ of months of SLD
Rest of 2008: lost 10 more pounds very slowly over the next 11 months
2009: effortlessly maintained my goal weight of 120 pounds for the entire year
January 2010: nose clipping seemed to stop working for me
  • I gained 5 or 6 pounds while on vacation and still nose clipping half of my calories.† (The previous two years when I vacationed in Florida I gained a pound at most.)† When I returned home I nose clipped a high percentage of my calories and lost 1-2 pounds but the last 3 didnít come off.
Mid April 2010: I started enlightened tasting and the non-addictive food diet.† Easily went back to 120 pounds.
May Ė July 2010: maintained my goal weight
Mid June 2010: started deworming with Mebendazole
  • (2nd dose at beginning of July, 3rd dose at middle of July, 4th dose near the end of August)
Beginning of August 2010: unexpectedly gained 3-4 pounds after my period was over
Rest of August 2010: worked really hard to lose weight, lost 1 pound and then maintained before and during my period
Beginning of September 2010: unexpectedly gained another 2-3 pounds after my period was over

Whatís strange is that my old pattern would be to lose weight and have the scale drop down after my period.† Itís such a shock to have the opposite happen.† Iíve been doing my best to accept this weight gain that feels completely out of my control.† Itís been very hard emotionally to be gaining weight.† Especially because the only thing that Iím doing to cause the weight gain is to get rid of intestinal worms.

I know itís only 5 or 6 pounds but I feel very unhappy with how I look and feel.† Plus I fear that I am going to keep uncontrollably gaining weight.† These past 3 weeks or so I was too strict and worked too hard to lose weight and it didnít work.† I canít sustain that level of strictness.† Itís too depriving.† But I needed to see if eating less calories would work.† It didnít.†

Iím still focused on trying to heal my food addiction.† Being addicted to being thin is part of the whole gestalt of food addiction.† So this is an opportunity to heal that angle.† Iíve been listening to the Gabriel tape.† I hope that it will convince my body that it still wants to be thin.† †
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

VeganKitten

« Reply #394 on: September 03, 2010, 10:40:29 PM »

Heidi, I can only sympathize, as I've gained some weight back as well (as much as 10 pounds above the 'ideal' of 134 or so that I'd achieved with SLD at one point). SQ is also having trouble of late, as I'm sure you've read in her thread and posts.

I'm back to calorie counting + SLD techniques, as I think in my case I just got too loosey-goosey with eating too much, and the wrong things. (I thought I'd try SLD without restricting ~ experiment was conclusive: I need to count.) But gaining happens so fast, and losing takes such time!

So far I am no longer gaining, but haven't really started losing.

I am uncomfortably feeling just what it's like to have my favorite pants not fit. This trend will be reversed!

Keep on keepin' on.  :)

Sanchiaza

« Reply #395 on: September 04, 2010, 01:46:57 AM »

I checked out the side effects of the dewormer that you were on and I saw with interest that it can have quite a negative impact on the liver. Heidi, it may be worth getting a liver function test done - the liver is an important and often overlooked organ in blood sugar/weight regulation.

TalkingRat

« Reply #396 on: September 04, 2010, 06:40:02 AM »

Aww, Heidi, I'm sorry you're having to deal with all this.  I read that the med works by starving the worms of sugar, which means how much energy you absorb could be all over the map, until you're done with this.† Your body deserves credit for working as well as it is under this stress.† Hang on, you'll be able to re-balance once they are gone.  Time to die, Beasties! 

Heidi 555

« Reply #397 on: September 04, 2010, 11:50:34 AM »

Thanks VK.  I think I've been pushing and holding my set point down well past where my body naturally thinks it should be.  It's rebounding like crazy now.  It feels impossible for me to lose weight at the moment.  I'm just hoping for a plateau and that I don't gain everything back. 

Sanchiaza, my liver thanks you for the reminder.  Aside from the meds it's probably taxed from the worms.  I'll take some turmeric and/or milk thistle.

TalkingRat, you've been making such great steady progress.  You're my current role model for persistence paying off.  I'm going to try Pyrantel Pamoate next.  Someone just mentioned to me that I should get something that kills the eggs.  My main focus right now is to just do whatever it takes to get rid of the roundworms.  I always really liked earthworms.  I really hate to kill anything, but having so many live worms inside of me is really creepy.

I'm 5' 4.5"

ELISAVET 4

« Reply #398 on: September 08, 2010, 02:47:18 AM »

Oh Heidi I really know how you feel about weight gaining. I think your husband's right about non addictive foods. You know sometimes our body gets crazy of the many things we do to keep it working full speed for energy, weight loss etc. I think it got mixed up. Just stick to noseclipping on regular foods and have some exercise. Now for roundworm cure I think there are some great easy remedies (harmless) and here are some:

ēObtain anti-parasite medication. This type of treatment only kills roundworm infections in the intestinal phase. If the roundworms have migrated to muscles, this medication is not effective. Name brand anti-parasite medications include albendazole and mebendazole.

ē2
Eat coconut. Coconut is a natural remedy since ancient times. A tablespoon of coconut followed by 60 ml of castor oil is effective against roundworms.

ē3
Eat garlic. Garlic is a common treatment for many diseases including roundworms. Garlic is effective against intestinal roundworms as well as those that have migrated to muscles. The garlic is absorbed and the scent spreads throughout the body, killing roundworms.

ē4
Take two tablespoons of papaya juice. Papaya juice mixed with honey and hot water is a powerful treatment against roundworms.

ē5
Drink wormwood. Wormwood is a substance that is found in absinthe. Sixteen grams of wormwood is mixed with olive oil as a powerful roundworm killer. It can also be used as an enema for rectal worm infections.

Read more: How to Kill Roundworms in Humans | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5124678_kill-roundworms-humans.html#ixzz0yvexNiZs
Best of luck

babyhopes

« Reply #399 on: February 21, 2013, 05:54:45 AM »

Does anyone know if Heidi555 is still Noseclipping or did she just stick with the non-addictive food diet? She was and is a great inspiration for Ncing

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18