Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
re: oil and side effect.....

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: re: oil and side effect.....  (Read 5846 times)

doubles

re: oil and side effect.....
« on: December 06, 2007, 07:46:07 AM »

First off, I have been on this forum as a lurker for months.  Love it and have seen success on SLD to the tune of about 10-15 lbs so far.  Here is my problem.  I am using 2-4 tbsp of ELOO daily and whereas it works great for AS, it leaves me with an uncomfortable side effect, namely loose stool.   Unfortunately, this is a deal-breaker for me and I am trying to ID a way around it.

Does anyone else experience this unfortunate situation?   Is it caused by something in particular? Would a change in OIL help?  Keep in mind I am very average person as it comes to things like this and have a resilient digestive system, no allergies or intolerances.  Is there anything I can do to solve this problem?

I am beginning to try 100% SW, but it doesnt seem to have the same effect, and its certainly not as easy as the oil.

Any help, guidance or suggestions are appreciated.  I love this forum and this diet, and don't want to quit....TIA

shovelqueen

Re: re: oil and side effect.....
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 08:09:43 AM »

Hi, doubles,

A couple of questions:  How much weight do you need to lose?  Do you notice a difference in effect between taking 2 vs 4 tbsp?  Have you tried adding any"anti-diarrheal" type bulking agents?  In healthcare, we use bananas or rice to help add form to stools.  Bulking agents, usually used in the treatment of constipation, can also have the effect of adding form to loose stools.  That would include flax meal, psyllium, unprocessed bran.  That does NOT include prunes or prune juice - they work with an entirely different mode of action and would make things worse.

"Strength, balance, joy!"

doubles

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 08:23:01 AM »

thanks so much for the reply.  with 2 tbsps, it happens, with 4 it seems a little worse.  in both cases, its a problem for me.  I am typically very healthy and normal back there, so this is really surprising.  i have not tried bulking agents, but could try.  is it possible its the type of oil? Maybe how i am taking it? 

rps930

• Food For Fuel
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 08:55:51 AM »

My daughter had this situation when first starting the oil, but it stopped being a problem after about a week.  She attributed it to the fact her gallbladder was removed several years ago.  She continues with 3 to 4 TBS a day, with no problem now.
The oil had a reverse effect for me, have to use a few prunes to keep things going.
My husband who suffered with extreme looseness for years, was instructed by his Dr. to use a fiber drink twice a day, and he is now in the normal category, so would say to try Shovlequeen's remedy.
Good luck..

Lela

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 11:38:23 AM »

Are you taking all the oil at one time?

I tried taking 2-3 tbsp at once and got problems. 18 grams (=1.5 tbsp) is my maximum intake at once. It is a very fine line if I take 20 grams I get problems. So now I take 18 grams in the morning and sometimes the same dose in the evening. I also believe it is very good for you to move your bowels every morning so taking the dose in the evening  helps with that. 

Good luck!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18