Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Breathless

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Breathless  (Read 8206 times)

Del

Breathless
« on: September 25, 2007, 11:38:06 AM »

Anticipation is a wonderful thing.  It heightens the senses, floods the system with adrenaline, sharpens the thoughts and time seems to slow.  When things are going wrong, anticipation is agony - waiting for the explosion is slow motion.  When things are going right, however, that glorious, aching reach for what's coming is often better than actually getting there.  To quote an old favorite "Having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true."

Spock's wrong.

I did it.  I got on the scale this morning and I'm below 200 lbs.  For the first time in memory, I'm below 200 lbs.  And it's so much better than the anticipation.

Have you ever been so excited that you forgot to breathe?  It's happened to me twice before in my life.  When my youngest brother was born and I got to hold him first (I was 9).  And when I was accepted into my master's program (when I was 22).

Today makes number three, and as soon as I get enough air to speak and stop making this funny little squealing noise, I'm going to call everyone I know and giggle until my face tingles.

*Eeep!*

Del

losing-it

Re: Breathless
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 12:07:57 PM »

How fun! Del, you have me smiling and laughing and feeling great for you, girl ! And that's the skinny on that  :lol:

This is a lovely song to hear ("Do You Realize") - your posts on feeling pretty made me think of it again:

http://www.karmatube.org/videos.php?id=200

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 12:26:39 PM »

Ah Del, you put a smile on my face at the start of my day for the second day running - Thanks!

Del

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 12:58:34 PM »

Thanks, guys.  After the summer I had, I'm just so thrilled to be back in the swing of things!  *smiles all around*

Del

shovelqueen

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 01:04:50 PM »

You have a gift for writing, Del.  What a great post! 

Congratulations on making the 100's, and resoundingly so, I see by your ticker!

Keep posting, please...

"Strength, balance, joy!"

rps930

• Food For Fuel
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 04:38:50 PM »

Smiling with you Del, wonderful, wonderful, and ditto on the great writing, it does make me smile.

jj

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 08:05:58 PM »

Congratulations Del!

Flabba

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 09:32:46 PM »

Del,
So happy for you!  I know their are many more squeaky days for you ahead.  After a while your friends
will think that olive oil not only makes you thin but also makes one sound like Minnie Mouse.

I have been back on the wagon after a trip to Chicago.  I only gained one pound while gone because appetite
suppression was still very strong for a while even though I had not been using oil very long before I
left.  I'm on oil again and AS is great.  While on oil I go around feeling gorged.  A little food goes a long way.

I am going on another trip soon and this time oil goes with.  I will take just enough along for the whole duration
and a spoon.  I will have no excuses for missing it.

Losing-it, 
I have the whole CD by Flaming Lips that has, "Do You Realize" on it.  It is so fantastic.  Beautiful Roshimae is fighting evil robots
and is taking her vitamins, etc...  I love sci-fi stuff.

Flabba

anacara

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 09:01:28 AM »

Oh Del, that's SOOOOOOO great!

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 12:00:50 AM »

Wonder ful Del ! WELL DONE!!

ani