Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Space....

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Space....  (Read 4695 times)

falconcy

Space....
« on: September 24, 2007, 10:26:55 AM »

I noticed something today that I hadn't noticed before. I used the toilet in a local hypermarket that I had not used in a long time. I seem to recall finding it difficult to get in and out due to the way the door opened. Today, there was no problem whatsoever getting in and out. Never noticed that till today.

KimBooSan

• KimBoo's SLD Experience!
Re: Space....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 11:06:32 AM »

I think it is really amazing the small things you don't think about when you are overfat, and all the same things that thin people who've never been fat do not understand. Stuff like bathroom stalls, or movie theater seats, or even just bending over to tie your shoes. My mother was very obese towards the end of her life and everything was a hassle; and, really, a horror.

So congrats on "feeing the extra space"! That is AWESOME!

shovelqueen

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 02:20:46 PM »

Know how you feel.  My brother (of the Lapband weight loss) loves to slide into a booth at one of those restaraunts with the immovable plastic chairs, and show me the new gap between his belly and the table.  Also, the gap between his belly and the steering wheel of his car. 

He's been collecting air miles forever, and now can consider spending them in ecomony class, because he is no longer going to be so big that he has to buy a business class seat to fit into.  Makes for lots more travel on his air miles.

So many advantages.  Doesn't it just put a glow on your day to realize that you fit into the world better? :)

"Strength, balance, joy!"

losing-it

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 03:03:36 PM »

Great news, falconcy. Funny, and great. It's been that way for me with our bathtub, which was made too narrow for anybody, except short, slim people...and young kids.

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 05:21:38 PM »

Does your "environmental shadow" count as much as your "environmental footprint"....... :? :lol:

Good one Falconcy, nice observation!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18