Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Tavish19 -- 2 months on SLD

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tavish19 -- 2 months on SLD  (Read 2762 times)

Tavish19

Tavish19 -- 2 months on SLD
« on: September 02, 2007, 07:40:27 AM »

Two months ago today, I found this strange book at Borders called the ShangriLa Diet.  Little did I know what a powerful effect it would have on my life.  I obtained immediate AS which has continued to this day.  I swallow 2 TBL walnut oil first thing in the morning in place of breakfast. That is it!

I have T2 diabetes and believe that low carb is the way to go for that condition, but had never been able to stick to it due to being a carb addict.  Since starting the SLD, I've also been eating LC and am actually enjoying it. 

I've always known that will-power doesn't work for me in the long run with changing the way I eat and I definitely don't need willl-power now.  No more desire to binge on chips, etc.  What a relief that has been.  I'm actually able to decline desserts now with no problem.  We had a food day at work last week with tons of desserts and I didn't have a single taste and it didn't bother me one little bit.  I have NEVER been able to do that before.  Where I may have been able to stick with a diet, once I SAW a delicious looking dessert, I've always caved in and had some, where now I just don't care about it. 

I'm 57 years old so I've been down the diet road many times, so I would never make the statement that I've got this problem licked for good, but I feel such hope now that this is going to work long term. It is such a good feeling to have hope. 

BTW, I've lost 10 pounds thus far.  Not a great amount of weight, but I'm thrilled with it and I'm sure I'll lose more eventually.

rps930

• Food For Fuel
Re: Tavish19 -- 2 months on SLD
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 09:55:26 AM »

Tavish, thanks for telling your story, and so happy for you that it is working, and 10 lbs in 2 months, is  nothing to sneeze at.  This program, cause it really isn't a diet, is helpful in lots of ways.  Your health and lots of other peoples will benefit.  Wishing you all the best in the future, and continue to share your progress.
Lana

Chrissy

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 11:09:04 AM »

Tavish, 10 Pounds is great, go on with SLD and I love to hear more from you!

Purple

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 04:37:11 PM »

welcome and well done Tavish19!
you have already done so well
It's so much fun to do this the easy way isn't it?
Purple
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18