Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Hello all

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 1439 times)

S8ftmn

Hello all
« on: August 19, 2007, 12:57:55 PM »

My wife and I have both registered but my wife has not posted yet.  We learned about the SLD from our son, who learned about it from a friend while he was visiting in China.  Kind of a roundabout way to get to the SLD, but here I am.  I've been taking about 3 Tablespoons of Walnut oil/day for four days now and, although I haven't lost any weight yet, I am impressed by the lack of cravings that I have been experiencing and the reduction in the amount of food I am eating.  As is always the case when one gets serious about making diet changes, my physical exercise has increased sharply and I feel more focused and committed to making this work.  While I don't have a significant amount of weight to lose, verily, I have struggled with my weight of and on for years and have never been able to stay at my goal weight very long.  This has caused me to reach a mental state of saying "it is what it is" and just going on with my life and not trying very hard to "loose" weight, but rather stay below a max number that I have set for myself.  It will be interesting to see if I can stay at my goal weight once I arrive there.

lvivianka

Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 07:00:53 PM »

WELCOME!!!!
to you and your wife; hope SLD will be a pleasant slide down the scale. my husband needs to lose weight, but will not try SLD.

Purple

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 01:45:20 AM »

welcome on board to you and missus!!
my hubby is like Ivivianka's wont try SLD despite my success
he says diets are for girls! (he needs to lose quite a bit more than I do really)
so glad you are doing with your wife it will be easier when sharing and comparing- plus you get to share with all your new friends here too :D

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 05:09:23 AM »

Wow. Word of mouth...in China. That's a new one.

I'd keep taking the oil even if I stopped losing weight (which I have, repeatedly. Plateaus are a common occurrance with SLD). It's such a relief not to be crazy hungry all the time.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum.
Running weight tally:

KimBooSan

• KimBoo's SLD Experience!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 08:09:28 AM »

Welcome on! I'm a newbie too and I have not lost a great deal of weight so far but like you, the freedom from cravings is just wonderful. It's all good!

pants

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 02:52:50 AM »

good luck! i'm just starting out too, and trying to lose about the same amount of weight. i haven't weighed myself yet but am definitely eating a bit less comfort crap - whether that holds remains to be seen, but even if i don't lose any weight it's nice not to crave bad cookies i don't even want.

anyway. good luck!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18