Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
My doctor said I look thin

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My doctor said I look thin  (Read 9219 times)

Jasmyn

My doctor said I look thin
« on: August 04, 2007, 12:55:49 PM »

It made me feel great. My doctor and his receptionist were raving about how thin I got!!! I was 20 pounds lighter than I was when I was there 6 months ago. :)

Still using extra light olive oil. 2 tablespoons twice a day.

New milestone reached today, 145 pounds. All due to the ShangriLa!

shovelqueen

Re: My doctor said I look thin
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 03:05:45 PM »

Congrats!!! :D :D  Ain't milestones great?  Make you feel all-powerful, and on top of the world!  Enjoy the glow!

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Vronnie

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 10:20:29 PM »

Well done Jasmyn

Purple

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 11:33:26 PM »

that's fantastic Jasmyn!!
congratulations- great when a doctor says it too!

Jasmyn

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 07:52:31 AM »

Thanks, you guys! All that support means so much to me. I have learned so much from reading all your posts. Incidentally, my  doctor said the new over the counter drug, Alli, works pretty well if I want to try it. Right now, I am not messing with success, I will stick with Shangri-La.
Jas

kayvan

• Going for six pack abs...
    • Kayvan's Calorie-Count.Com Journal
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 11:22:58 AM »

Hey, congratulations on the 20 pounds lost.

I would not mess with Alli. Unless you like carrying around a change of clothes "just in case" or like wearing Depends. I don't even know why your doctor would be talking it up. Based on what I know, the clinical trial patients lost just a slight bit more weight than the control group. Hardly a resounding success and not what I would promote as "working really well." Unless he somehow gets some kickbacks from the drug company, I don't know.

Read this for the details. :-)

SLD is definitely cheaper and safer and most of the side effects seem to be positive ones.
Father, Husband, Writer, Software Geek.
My SLD Page

terio

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 11:52:54 AM »

I would not mess with Alli. Unless you like carrying around a change of clothes "just in case" or like wearing Depends.

Yeah,  I don't think that taking Alli and a few tablespoons of oil a day would be a pleasant experience.

Jasmyn

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 02:05:13 PM »

Yeah it didn't make sense to me anyways. First of all why take oil if you don't want it to be absorbed? Secondly, I would worry about fat soluble vitamins being lost. And lastly, yikes, I wouldn't want the embarrassment. However, in my doctor's defense, he has me on a very high dose of calcium, 600 mg. twice a day. He said that if I was constipated, I could try Alli. Makes a little sense, sort of.

kayvan

• Going for six pack abs...
    • Kayvan's Calorie-Count.Com Journal
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 02:12:09 PM »

However, in my doctor's defense, he has me on a very high dose of calcium, 600 mg. twice a day. He said that if I was constipated, I could try Alli. Makes a little sense, sort of.

Hi Jasmyn, I'm not picking on your doctor, but it amazes me how many doctors are happy to jump on the latest fad medicinal drug coctail instead of telling people about natural cures. For example, if he is worried about constipation, he could have suggested that you increase your fiber (or even drink prune juice).
Father, Husband, Writer, Software Geek.
My SLD Page

Purple

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 03:27:18 AM »

hey Jasmyn
if it aint broke don't fix it
SLD working well so don't add drugs to that!l
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18