Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Starting (or starting over if it didn't work the first time)

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting (or starting over if it didn't work the first time)  (Read 100136 times)

mpq

• PA USA
Re: Starting (or starting over if it didn't work the first time)
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2007, 07:07:10 AM »

Mashaholic, that's kind of how it hit me. I was very hungry, but became absolutely stuffed after just a small amt of food.
It still works that way for me. But, it is so nice to know that when I am hungry, there is no problem sticking to the diet.
Good luck!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Clarinette

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2007, 07:35:24 AM »

It is the same for me. The AS is strong but only when I eat. I am hungry when breakfeast, lunch and dinner come but I don't eat much and get full very fast. But I am still hungry just before meal time.

CarolynF

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2007, 01:20:10 PM »

Hi,

I'm new to the SLD..even though I have had the book for over a year and read it..I have been LowCarbing for 5 years and have lost 65 pounds and kept it off..But, I would like to drop down just 5 pounds so the pants fit better, so I got my SLD book out to try the method...I have listened to
Seth's radio interviews also.

I am used to eating oils/fats, so I'm hoping that not having a gallbladder and doing the oil straight won't be a problem.

Question:  I have some flavorless coconut oil that I use in cooking..Can I use that do you think? It's alot easier to digest..

:) Glad to be here..If this works for me, I will definitely tell all my buddies at LowCarb Friends.

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2007, 03:26:49 PM »

Hi and welcome!

Any flavorless oil will do. But I would hold my nose while you drink it just to be sure.
Good luck!

CarolynF

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2007, 04:43:48 PM »

Thanks..I can hold my nose.. :D:)

MASHaholic

• "The mind is a powerful tool if allowed to be..."
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2007, 09:56:23 PM »

It is a hoot to watch the look on peoples face when you do.. I had a friend who was aghast when I did it in front of him. He thought it must have tasted bad... LOL
Start Date 02/22/07 Male 41 years old 6'2" 270 lbs

One Day at a Time...

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2007, 03:03:14 AM »

Though I think there are a couple of people doing well on coconut oil, many of us found it didn't work so well. It made me hungrier. I was so convinced of the virtue of it, though, that I use it for cooking and occasionally in smoothies.

There's going to be somebody doing well on just about every oil. But many of us find there's one in particular that works best. Me, I only seem to lose weight on ELOO.
Running weight tally:

CarolynF

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2007, 11:50:21 AM »

Frenata:  You have an excellent point..The coconut oil isn't digested in the stomach..it goes to the small intestine..or something like that..That's probably why you were hungry..I had it this morning and I was still hungry..but ate less at lunch.

I think I'll stick with the ELOO for a while..and see if this conquers hunger more..

Thanks.

MASHaholic

• "The mind is a powerful tool if allowed to be..."
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2007, 08:52:15 PM »

I would agree. I think ELOO has a better effect and my SA seems to have arrived. I know I am new, but the flaxseed seemed to have good results as well. I think one of the seasoned SLD alumni said it doesn't matters what oil (or at least a limited types) you use, but that you use the same every time and not switch all the time...
Start Date 02/22/07 Male 41 years old 6'2" 270 lbs

One Day at a Time...

lynnnriver

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2007, 02:03:27 PM »

Hello, I have just heard of this method of losing weight and have already ordered the book from Amazon, but would like to get started while I wait for the book...I found this thread helpful for that purpose, but I am wondering about not eating one hour and one after your sugar/oil drink...do you always do that? For instance, if I were going to take another dose in the afternoon, would I again not eat an hour before and an hour after?

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM »

Yep, that's the deal. In fact, it's the central idea behind SLD. Nothing with a flavor -- no gum, no toothpaste, no lip gloss, nothing -- for an hour before and an hour after anything you're hoping to get the SLD effect from.

"One hour" is just a good rule of thumb -- many of us find more than that is even better, but an hour will do it. The idea is you want to be getting calories without experiencing any sensation of taste. That somehow tricks your body into dropping weight.

You know how you sometimes lose a few pounds when you have a bad cold, because you can't taste anything and you lose interest in eating? Like that.

Welcome and good luck.
Running weight tally:

lynnnriver

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2007, 02:19:23 PM »

Thanks  :)

CarolynF

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2007, 03:41:37 PM »

Hey, lynnriver..nice to see another LCer here..:)

Frenata, you are so helpful to us newbies..I bought cheap Wallie world noseclip..I think it was a little
kid's one..for $1..So, I ordered a better one from Amazon..so my nose wouldn't hurt so much..

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2007, 03:53:42 PM »

Welcome all!!

:D

CarolynF

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2007, 04:01:32 PM »

I posted this information on our Low Carb website... www.lowcarbfriends.com in hopes that some
of our folks who have been stuck, can use the oil/water to get un-stuck..

Thanks for the welcome..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18