Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Frustrated

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frustrated  (Read 5489 times)

jllivernois

Frustrated
« on: May 25, 2006, 07:40:58 AM »

I am 6 days in and nothing.  I am taking 1tb  Extra Light olive oil in the morning after breakfast and then one more before I go to bed.  I am making sure I do not eat one hour before and after.  I have had no weight loss and really no change in appetite.  I eat fairly well already and workout pretty regularly.  I was really hoping this would be the way I could finally lose the last 10 pounds I have been struggling with.  I was doing South Beach, which was how I lost these pesky pounds the first time, but I felt very sick on that diet.  I am afraid to increase the oil amount for fear of it causing me to gain weight.  Any suggestions from those that do not have much to lose?  I know that Seth states it could take a while to see the effects, but I would like to know now if this program is not going to work for me before I end up gaining more weight as a result!!  Advice please. I do not want to give up, but I was really hoping from I would have seen results by now.   I do have the book and I am almost done reading it.  Thanks!!!

Dee

Re: Frustrated
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 09:09:59 AM »

Hang in there!

I believe we've established through these forums the SLD does not have the instant, almost unbelievable results for those of us who are close to our ideal set point, with only a little weight to lose (or none), who are faithful exercisers, who already have a healthy diet, etc.  The effect of appetite suppression is slower to kick in, and it is not as overwhelming.  It would seem the fewer issues that one needs to correct, the less effective SLD is, which really does make sense. 

I am at or near my ideal set point, but my appetite (and, hence, snacking) was out of control.  In the first two weeks, I had no change in appetite and gained a few pounds from the extra calories (strictly oil for me).  But after the two weeks, the appetite suppression did kick in.  It's nothing earth-shattering, but it's enough to curb my incessant snacking.  The extra pounds also came off.  I have not had any additional weight loss, but I feel better about not constantly snacking and thinking about food. 

It wouldn't be reasonable for me to lose any more than a few pounds, so that is not my focus.  My focus has been the nonstop eating, and my goal was to make that more reasonable.  I am now in week 4 and plan to continue on.  So stick with it, everyone, even if you don't see immediate results.  For those of us who are already close to where we'd like to be, it will take longer to see any results.

Dee

CG

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 09:32:04 AM »

I would not take the oil first thing in the morning or last thing at night.  I know it seems like an easy way out, cause you wake u, of course you have not eaten for and hour, so you only have to worry about the hour after, and vice versa for bedtime.

I take the oil mid morning and mid afternoon, so it has a more concious affect.  I have noticed serious appetite supression but it did take a couple days to kick in.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 06:25:28 PM »

I would not take the oil first thing in the morning or last thing at night.  I know it seems like an easy way out, cause you wake u, of course you have not eaten for and hour, so you only have to worry about the hour after, and vice versa for bedtime.

I take the oil mid morning and mid afternoon, so it has a more concious affect.  I have noticed serious appetite supression but it did take a couple days to kick in.

I found that taking oil in the mid morning was much more effective for me.  Afternoon next.  Then early morning.  Late at night least effective.

GilbertZ

• DiamondRing.com
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 05:36:16 AM »

Read your other post. Can you describe your exercise routine?

wildnight

• JC's Shangri-La Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 06:02:51 AM »

Try varying your dosages and dosing times. You'll know if it works. Also, I started thinking I wouldn't use fructose but I found that I have an awesome result when I use 1tbs oil in the morning and 1tbs fructose in the afternoon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
J.C.
http://jcshangri-la.blogspot.com/

boomergirl

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 11:24:19 AM »

I am into my 2nd full week of taking the oil, mid morning and mid afternoon and it seems to be INCREASING my appetite.  I tried the sugar water for one day and same thing, did not decrease my appetite whatsoever.
Has anyone else gone this long and then all of a sudden it kicks in?
I am feeling very frustrated right now, if anything I think I am gaining weight,( I am afraid to weigh myself).
I am not eating very many ditto foods that are listed in the book, but I tend to eat the same foods for breakfast, eg scrambled eggs, wondering if NOT eating the same things day after day will make a difference?

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 01:48:17 PM »

Yes, boomergirl, you should certainly try eating new foods. And flavoring old foods in new ways.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18