Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Advise needed to succeed

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advise needed to succeed  (Read 13021 times)

nickcj

• help
Advise needed to succeed
« on: May 24, 2006, 08:44:16 AM »

I've tried the diet for almost 1 week with no weight loss. However I get encouragement from the other message boards that the diet works for others. So I've read alot and I'm trying to adjust so that the oil and sugar water help my appetite. Some days it seems to work better than others, now I know to try to figure out what I am doing different on those days. Do others have a time that it is dinner time and once they have eaten they just feel like continuing to eat. Do you wait an hour and then do oil or what? Unfortunately last night I just kept eating. Feel the guilt today!So if you all have some helpful hints I would greatly appreciate the help. I'm over 50 in age and weight

patsi

Re: Advise needed to succeed
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 06:16:29 PM »

Hi,
One week isn't enough time it works slower for some than others. I have portion control issues as it sounds like you do. I started out not believing it when my appetite disappeared so I tested by eating a lot boy did I get sick.
This isn't really a diet it is a new beginning in the world of food. I hope you will work it out try different ways of taking the sugar water or oil.
I know for the first time I just got back from a trip where I always gain weight not this time I got home to baggy jeans that were tight when I left.
patsi

Rey

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 01:18:11 AM »

Nick, your stats didnt come thru. Please repost your height weight and method (oil, water, when?)

Latoretta

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 07:27:15 AM »

Patsi, how much weight do you want to lose, and which are you doing oil or sugar water or a combo??  I just am waiting for that "full" feeling to kick in.  I'm on day 4 - haven't weighed myself yet, I do that on Friday mornings.  Started this diet 3 days ago.  Did oil first day 2x - then sugar water 2nd day, and yesterday couldn't do either as I was out all day long and couldn't get anywhere to have any.  But did eat (conciously) smaller portions than usual.  So, is it in mind??

jam

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 10:46:09 AM »

One thing that I have learned is to slow down. One night I was having spaghetti for dinner. I portioned out what I wanted to eat. After cleaning my plate, I was still hungry. I made a conscious decision to not eat any more. 15-20 minutes later I felt full. It would have been very easy to overeat if I wasn’t tracking how much I was eating each day.

Maybe slowing down will help.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 06:44:44 AM by jam »

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 05:09:10 AM »

This isn't really a diet it is a new beginning in the world of food.

That is a good way to put it.

nb2158

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 08:18:15 PM »

I started the diet almost 3 weeks ago and lost 3 pounds the first week, but put it back on the 2nd- I was experiencing the appetite suppresssion but still eating more than I needed. I started off with 2 T of oil total, and now am using 1T of oil at night, and sipping sugar water (2T in am and 1T in afternoon) and have really noted the difference in my appetite. Now, I am starting to really keep an eye on the calories, and aiming for 1300-1500 daily total, including the oil and sugar. I have 10-15 pounds to lose and am already pretty active and eat well (mostly good carbs if any, protein and lots of fruits and vegetables). I think I have now realized that this is going to take some time- the big difference is that at least if things continue as they are, I will be comfortable.

julienuce

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 07:52:48 AM »

The magic happened for me after 3+ weeks. I was so bummed and skeptical and then it happened for me - the magical appetite suppression. So hang in there all of you for whom it takes longer. It will bum you out at first, but I am now a true Shangri La believer (and lover too!!).
My story: I started at 172, I am female, a runner (about 20-30 miles/week) doing oil 2 tbls in am and 1 in pm. I have been a major binge/ overeater in the past with lots of cravings (the usual - chocolate, then salty something). For the first 2 weeks I was still binging and overeating, but I was not snacking between meals as much - I didnt notice a huge difference, but subtle bits of control. No weight loss during that time. Then starting last week the oil must have taken effect because I have eaten under 1500 calories easily a day, with continued running (training for a marathon in October) whereas I never went below 2000-2200 a day before. It is so awesome to have control, and to be able to go to the ice cream store with my kids AND NOT GET ANYTHING!!!YAY! So stick with it. it may take you 4 weeks who knows..?
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wmlN6bV/]

[/url]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18