Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Older ladies in hot outfits?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Older ladies in hot outfits?  (Read 83212 times)

djdawg

Re: Older ladies in hot outfits?
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2007, 11:40:19 PM »

At the risk of keeping an arguement going I'm just going to point out that I think djdawgs' original observation got lost in a bunch of heated repartee. 
I think many new moms DO go through a phase where they feel less sexual after they become moms. The reasons are many and varied - lack of sleep, being "touched out" from nursing, perhaps overwhelmed by the changes in their bodies and changes in their lives. We expect alot of moms - and we're working SO HARD to live up to those expectations (and to keep that baby alive).  Trying (and inevitably failing) to live up to being a perfect mom is so difficult (who knew you'd be gritting your teeth just to get through the pain of breastfeeding those first few weeks?)

With time and PATIENCE we rediscover ourselves and our mate and some of us are even hotter than ever afterwards and know it!  But if your mate is unable to be patient supportive and understanding of the romance on holiday boy oh boy does it ever cause major resentment. And resentment leads to an even longer romance holiday.

Excellent post!!!!

djdawg

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2007, 11:48:03 PM »

Oh and djdawg you DO need to update yor definition of "hot" it's stuck somewhere back in high school   :wink:

Ok, this I don't agree with....as I've pointed out WE change the definition as we get older to assuage our impending realization that we're all falling apart and there's not a thing we can do about it  (well, I guess plastic surgery is one way)  We change the definition so we don't feel so bad about our present and future state....."oh yeah, 40 is the new 30!"  "yeah, those girls from Desperate Housewives are really hot!"  (LOL...I know of NO man that thinks any of them - other then the Eva Longoria - are hot.) 

I think that women around my age and older can still be attractive, pretty, sexy, etc but "hot" is reserved for the very few.  I HAVE NOT SET THE DEFINITION for what's hot.  If you want to blame anyone, check out all the Entertainment Tonight/chick shows that push this in our face nightly.  Young = hot and that's they way it's always been and that's the way it always will be.   

shinju_chan

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2007, 02:44:51 AM »

Oh and djdawg you DO need to update yor definition of "hot" it's stuck somewhere back in high school   :wink:

Ok, this I don't agree with....as I've pointed out WE change the definition as we get older to assuage our impending realization that we're all falling apart and there's not a thing we can do about it  (well, I guess plastic surgery is one way)  We change the definition so we don't feel so bad about our present and future state....."oh yeah, 40 is the new 30!"  "yeah, those girls from Desperate Housewives are really hot!"  (LOL...I know of NO man that thinks any of them - other then the Eva Longoria - are hot.) 

I think that women around my age and older can still be attractive, pretty, sexy, etc but "hot" is reserved for the very few.  I HAVE NOT SET THE DEFINITION for what's hot.  If you want to blame anyone, check out all the Entertainment Tonight/chick shows that push this in our face nightly.  Young = hot and that's they way it's always been and that's the way it always will be.   

Oh yeah, well I don't think you're hot, so there :D  And I'm 24 going on 40 (one day...). 

Although this is the "Men's Department" which conspicuously draws attention and practically begs the women of the board to post on it.  In fact I would be curious if there are more posts on average by women than by men, as compared to the rest of the board in it's entirety. 

Not that this is a problem created by anyone, but rather a phenomenon to be aware of when creating a "exclusive" board on a general one. 

Perhaps posts ought to be considered with this awareness.

Jasmyn

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2007, 04:18:28 AM »

I am just jumping in here, didn't read the whole thread. What I don't get is that when *I* was pregnant with my two kids, we wore long tops that hid the bump. Now the fashion is to wear tight clothes that accentuate the bump. What's that all about? And while we're at it how do "we" get to be pregnant.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2007, 04:32:15 AM »

Young = hot HAHAHAHAHAHAH how biased can you get

Who'd you spend a niight with, djdawg:

or

Yeah, everybody gets old, what a shame. Even not having kids, there comes a day for almost every woman that a long, exuberant mane makes her look older.

Women with wrinkled faces and miniskirts or long hair may look weird. Some may get away with it, but not all. But again it's a personal choice to be respected. Each one's common sense should prevail.

Now should a man divorce because his wife cut her hair, gained cellulite, her breasts now sag?

Should we ladies divorce because our men gained a beer beely, nose and ear hairs?

Everybody's opinion is diferent and I assure you some men find short hair sexy - Charlize Theron in The Astronaut is a good example.

And FYI many men have the same opinion as Falconcy. Ask Demi Moore's husband.  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

falconcy

« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2007, 05:50:51 AM »

That said, it doesn't always work. Take "Madonna" for example. Didn't Warren Beatty once say of her that making her cum was like trying to kickstart a Jumbo Jet. Now Demi Moore on the other hand belongs to the world of wet dreams and doesn't have half the excess baggage of the "Ritchie Bitch" as I've come to call her since she married Guy Ritchie ;-)

On the subject of actresses, Michelle Pfeifer, Sharon Stone, Kim Basinger (especially in 9.5 weeks mode) all hit my sweet spot. On the UK and continental scene, Joanna Lumley, Angela Rippon and Sophia Lauren.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2007, 06:03:27 AM »

I am just jumping in here, didn't read the whole thread. What I don't get is that when *I* was pregnant with my two kids, we wore long tops that hid the bump. Now the fashion is to wear tight clothes that accentuate the bump. What's that all about? And while we're at it how do "we" get to be pregnant.

I wore long tops too when pregnant (in the 80's and 90's) but the fashion in general was oversized, long clothes anyway. Now clothes in general are smaller, shorter and tighter, so I thought that's the reason (yeah I had noticed the same). I'm OK with it, I like the sight of a mom-to-be. But when I see one on the beach with a small bikini and a big big belly, I wonder if the UV radiation harms the fetus!
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

losing-it

« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2007, 06:35:27 AM »

I wonder if the UV radiation harms the fetus!

I sort of doubt it. Nature seems to extra-protect the baby in the womb. The fetus probably absorbs some vitamin D from the mother's sun exposure, though?

I used to go out on the balcony of our upstairs duplex apartment in Southern California when I was pregnant with my son (1971), and sunbathe in a bikini, slathered with coconut butter (to prevent stretch-marks). And when my daughter was en utero (1973), we lived in Hawaii, where I was often outside with my belly in the sun (not generally in public, though). By the way, I did avoid any stretch marks with both.  :) Amazing, that coco butter and massage.

UV radiation penetrates clothing, too, I believe. I was outdoors much of the time as a young woman. My arms attest to that, now even though I avoided the sun from ages 35 - 55, and probably have not gotten enough vitamin D over those years (hopefully the added D in milk and other products made up somewhat for that deficiency). It's important to get some sun, with some protection, pregnant or not. Now if it weren't for the way the d%*@ rosacea flares up in the heat! Telll ya guys, that makes me look really HOT  :lol:

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2007, 06:43:03 AM »

That said, it doesn't always work. Take "Madonna" for example. Didn't Warren Beatty once say of her that making her cum was like trying to kickstart a Jumbo Jet.

Hee hee, didn't know about that...  :lol:
Mind you, she's very attractive to some! My 20  year-old-son said about her, his eyes goggling, when her "Hung Up" videoclip came out: "she's almost 50????????? NOOOO, kid me not!! "
But I admit that Madonna is a case of "love her or hate her".

Now Demi Moore on the other hand belongs to the world of wet dreams and doesn't have half the excess baggage of the "Ritchie Bitch" as I've come to call her since she married Guy Ritchie ;-)

:lol: I see that you're on the "hate her" side

On the subject of actresses, Michelle Pfeifer, Sharon Stone, Kim Basinger (especially in 9.5 weeks mode) all hit my sweet spot. On the UK and continental scene, Joanna Lumley, Angela Rippon and Sophia Lauren.

I had to google pictures of Joanna Lumley and Angela Rippon... didn't know them!  :lol:They're at least 10 or 15 years ahead of the American ones you mentioned, but they look very classy! Sort of reminded me of Faye Dunaway and Meryl Streep. As to Sofia Loren, she belongs to a generation that produced astonishing beautiful Italian ladies, i.e. Gina Lollobrigida, Claudia Cardinale, Monica Vitti, Laura Antonelli, and more in our age range Ornella Muti (I recall how my elder bro and his friends would drool over Ornella pics)  :lol:

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2007, 06:50:02 AM »

Losing-it, maybe you're right. I usually think "I would wear a white tunic or long T if I were her" when I see a mom-to-be in a bikini under the harsh sun at the beach, but maybe I'm too cautious. Anyway, clothes are a physical barrier to UV, especially light colored ones, that's why doctors recommend that little kids keep their T-shirts on from 12 to 16:00....

falconcy

« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2007, 06:52:47 AM »

On the Italians, we missed one out, well maybe two out ;-) Cicciolina :P:P Nice puppies, can I have the one with the pink nose?

Bear in mind that in our neck of the woods the sun is a bit hotter than in most of the Northern Hemisphere. This past few days, we have had 40-45C and up to 95% Humidity, that is bloody uncomfortable, so much so that you would not want to be out in it, period.

shinju_chan

« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2007, 06:57:11 AM »

Ornella Muti (I recall how my elder bro and his friends would drool over Ornella pics)  :lol:[/color]

Holy cow, here's this 24-year-old (me) wishing she looked 45.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ornella_Muti

(picture circa 2000)

Tandoori Trilobite

• Aspiring gutless wonder
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2007, 07:33:35 AM »

Falconcy, Cicciolina (Ilona Staller) was a Hungarian who migrated to Italy as an adult.

falconcy

« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2007, 07:38:40 AM »

She was also a member of the Italian Parliament who is famous for popping her puppies out in public.

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2007, 07:49:25 AM »

At the risk of keeping an arguement going I'm just going to point out that I think djdawgs' original observation got lost in a bunch of heated repartee. 
I think many new moms DO go through a phase where they feel less sexual after they become moms. The reasons are many and varied - lack of sleep, being "touched out" from nursing, perhaps overwhelmed by the changes in their bodies and changes in their lives. We expect alot of moms - and we're working SO HARD to live up to those expectations (and to keep that baby alive).  Trying (and inevitably failing) to live up to being a perfect mom is so difficult (who knew you'd be gritting your teeth just to get through the pain of breastfeeding those first few weeks?)

With time and PATIENCE we rediscover ourselves and our mate and some of us are even hotter than ever afterwards and know it!  But if your mate is unable to be patient supportive and understanding of the romance on holiday boy oh boy does it ever cause major resentment. And resentment leads to an even longer romance holiday.

Agreed go2grl.  However, it was the ridiculous assertion that women cutting their hair was evidence of this so-called "de-sexualization" that got me going.  Further that with his statement about the various reasons a woman may not want sex being nothing but excuses, and I just couldn't resist.  I'm sure my 16 year old son would probably agree with him.  But perhaps a 45 year old man should grow up and get some empathy. 

T-Vix

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18