Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Older ladies in hot outfits?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Older ladies in hot outfits?  (Read 81895 times)

djdawg

Re: Older ladies in hot outfits?
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2007, 12:11:28 PM »

You know what, I'm not an exception. You must know the wrong people.

I'm guessing that you run with a crowd of ladies that are similar to you.  They like to dress up still, look pretty, etc.  When that happens it's easy for us (I've done it too!) to think that is the "norm" when in many cases it's not.  As I've already mentioned, the next time you're in your local mall, take some time to observe women in the catagory we're talking about.  I'm sure you'll see that you and your friends are the exception to the rule....which makes the rule.

djdawg

« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2007, 12:39:54 PM »

Wonderful words, Pinkmug.† †You just have a way.† This thread has been so much fun to read.

In my work, I come in contact daily with a lot of men of all ages.† In reading the posts here, something struck me as very familiar.† I have felt for some time that men in your age group, djdawgómid to late forties, seem to have an outlook on life that is quite different from those in other age groups.† I canít speak to the reasons why, but have always felt that it has something to do with their particular life experiences, perhaps of being an adolescent in the late seventies to early eighties.† As a group, I find them rather blunt, and communication with them is often difficult. And I donít mean to generalize, either. I hesitate to call it shallowness, but it sometimes feels a little like misogyny.

Iím 41, and I feel that I get a lot more attention and appreciation from men aged 50 and up than from the aforementioned group, and I donít mean that I am looking for it, either.† And guys in their late 30ís-early 40ís may or may not consider me hot, but they seem to just like me more than your age group does.† Facinating, no?† I would love to hear a sociologistís view on this. So, jddawg, I think itís possible that you may indeed be speaking for a lot of men in your age group, and I agree that you may be just the messenger, or at least that you sincerely consider yourself so.† Iím not at all surprised that you persisted on this subject as you did, as it is typical of the men that I know in your age group, too. I mean this in the most factual way, really. You may or may not have meant to insult older women, but I tend to believe that fundamentally, you did (mean to, that is).† I do know that when we were 20, we certainly didnít care what a 10 or 15 year old thought, and should apply that same perspective if we are older than 45 now.

Oh, and my husband, who is 53, was reading this thread also, and actually said that I should post a recent picture of myself (when pigs fly!).† But that says something, and it's all I need.

Interesting post Trina and there certainly could be something to that.† (hmmm...I'm actually OPEN to looking at my thought processes when it's brought up in an intelligent and non-insulting manner - take note everyone!)

It's too bad that we are only able to learn and get to know each other through posts as I'm sure when presenting ourselves on the boards, there are many parts missing to our personalties.† At this point, you see me as a non communicative, shallow, border line misogynist.† †I assure you that nothing could be further from the truth.

I have been married before and have never had problems in communicating.† I was in a three year relationship with someone that had difficulty communicating.† I would sit down with her numerous times and asked her what could we do to make this relationship a "10!"† She never shared very much and I would share with her in a very loving, non-threatening manner some of the things that I needed from her.† I would ask her what could I do for her that I wasn't doing presently.† I am very comfortable with sharing my feelings and I am well versed in HOW to do it so it brings about open, healthy communication.†

Contrary to what you have found with men my age, I find that my generation is full of men that are very sensitive, embracing many female qualities and in many ways have lost their manhood because of our environment.† I'm not saying your experience isn't true at all!† I'm not doubting that so don't get me wrong...I'm just telling you that I found different results and I probably have had† a larger pool of subjects to deal with.† I have also found that any other men younger then me are typically about the same.† When I think of non-communicative men I think of my father.† He is not alive anymore but he did not communicate AT ALL!† He did the silent treatment and it drove my mother crazy...with good reason!† I possibly heard "I Love You" from him maybe a dozen times in my life.† I'm not saying he as a bad man at all - quite the contrary.† He was a hardworker/workaholic and he provided for us at all times.† That WWII generation is the group I think about when I think of men that don't communicate.

To be honest I think there is a movement going on where men are trying to reclaim what it is to be a man.† Men my age were raised to be sensitive caring individuals (which is great!) but somewhere along the way while learning these new skills, we put aside some of our manhood.† I'm not sure why that happened but I cannot tell you how many times I hear women now-adays remark that they're looking for a "real man."† (and when they go on to describe what that means - because I always ask them - they come up with the typical stereotypes that Pink detests so much.)† They mention the words, in control (not controlling!!!!!)† successful, decisive, not wimpy, not too sensitive....you know - a man!† It runs kind of against how we were taught and perhaps men my age are trying to get back to this "stereotype" and we feel we are leaders in a way...trying to pave the way for our younger counterparts.† I'm not a man that sits on the couch and demands dinner at 6pm when I walk in the door and doesn't do anything around the house and leaves his dirty underwear lying around.† When I'm with someone I take part regularly in household chores, try to help out with meals (although this is my least favorite part...heck, I'll go shopping for everything if you cook it.† That's the one thing I hate is wondering "what are we eating tonight?")† pick up after myself (and often pick up after my significant other - same woman that was non-communicative)† and to be honest, as much as I like baseball I'd rather walk the beach with my lady then sit and watch the ball game.  I think there are women that are threatened by this and have seen men be the wimpy, scrotumless creatures that we have been in many ways and now we're finally waking up and trying to be more balanced.  That we don't NEED to be controlling s.o.b's that drink beer everynight and fart in bed when we're with our wives but we also don't have to go the other way where we display too many feminine qualities...

I'm not sure why I'm feeling the need to defend myself so much here but the words of some of the other posters are quite biting and EXTREMELY judgemental.† It's one thing to "judge" a group (as many think I've done with women but I'm just basing it on FULL experiences and observations) and it's quite another to make statements about someone on a chat board.† It's as if all the other things that I have posted regarding why I think this or that is falling on deaf ears...selective hearing...and that is incredibly unfair and just so inaccurate.†

I'll end this with a quote from an email from the girl in question that I dated for about 3 yrs...(didn't communicate, kind of messy - that one)† she remarked how much she always liked that I was a "very caring man".....

So go ahead and everyone keep on reading the words in my posts that you only CHOOSE to read and ignore everything else...at least with my conclusions and statements I did not arrive at them with only bits and pieces of information.†

One more thing Trina...do you really think that someone who has "difficulty with communication" would be able to express the things that I have in the way that I have?† I doubt it..........
† †

djdawg

« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2007, 12:53:21 PM »

Believe me...we're different.† Ask any woman from another country the differences in men from America, Italy, Australia, etc and if she's encountered them, she'll tell you.† Just as much as American women are verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry different then women from other countries.†

So that explains it, now I know why American women have very little time for American men and go crazy over Europeans and Aussies :P

Wow...could that be a volatile thread or what????!!!!!† LOL....They don't want us to act in certain ways but they are attracted to it anyway....omg....I'm stopping while I'm behind.

I thought falconcy meant that after we meet the Brits and Aussies, we realize American men are often not worth our time.

It's pretty typical behavior for an American man to do something like make a broad, over-generalized statement based solely on his and his friends' opinion, say that all people agree with him, then bitch and gripe when people tell him he's wrong.† Thank you for reminding me, yet again, why I left the U.S. in the first place.

Well over half of my friends in my lifetime have been American men.† I lived with 10 different men in college and from hearing stories about how much their balls itch in the morning, to who they would sleep with as long as she put a bag over her head, to how many women he had been with at once, I was also privy to what they considered "hot."† And although the 10 foot model often fit the bill, it wasn't the only thing that did it.† There were loads of different body types, ages, and ethnicities that readily hit the "hot" button for them.

I am also surrounded by American men who would have nothing to do with a blond 10 foot American woman, because a tiny, cute Asian is their idea of a 10.

The opinions you and your buddies swap while having a beer is not THE American male, it's AN American male, or A FEW American men, and from my experience not a majority opinion.

I think you're right; quit while you're behind.

ha....that's awesome.  Another case of someone responding without apparantly reading all of my posts....can't really say much more because of that....so many inaccuracies I don't even know where to start.....

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2007, 03:07:15 PM »

whoa nelly!!! you do write A LOT!!  :shock:
Wow...I am completely done with this....how you take the things that I say Pink and turn them around is completely amazing to me.  I repeat things in as logical of a manner as possible yet you still don't grasp it. 

That's your imagination djdawg. Stop playing victim!

Where on earth did I justify discriminating against people????

By condoning the use of stereotypes " because there is some truth to them" you risk that, but then again I didn't say that. You're putting words in my mouth that I didn't say!

Carlos Mencia is not a "macho man"  (hmmmm....sounds like a stereotype to me!  You're "judging me!") 

<<sigh>>> I said very clearly: I'm judging what you say. not YOU. I don't even know you. Any judgment I can make has to be based on what you say.

he is a very popular latino comedian (and hilarious I might add) that uses humour and much of his humour revolves around the differences that we find in different nationalities and cultures and as men and women. 

I admit I had to look up his page on wikipedia, never heard of the man. I had thought he'd be a writer. Thanks for clarifying. Yeah, I assumed he was a macho man based on what you had said. But it turns out he's probably not only  a macho man but also the kind of comedian who makes money by making fun of others. Can't say I like that...

he he, his story could make a movie. As to latinos, I'm a latina living in a latin country, so I'm kind of used to that stereotype. Which by the way has disappeared among the youngest and more educated generation (thank gods!!)

I've said until I'm blue in the face that cutting off of hair is not the be all and end all of my point but it can be a SYMPTOM, SYMPTOM, SYMPTOM, SYMPTOM, SYMPTOM (there...I said it 5 times because apparantly you've missed all the other times I've said it)  of other things that are happening in her life.

Yeah but you presented in a way like a flag or something. A symbol of sorts. So it's only natural we pick on this to counter your theories.

Pink you sound like a very politically correct person and that is something that I cannot tolerate AT ALL.  It's done so much more harm then good and I'm sorry for you that you live in that world. 

Your problem.

BTW....women can do whatever the hell they want with their hair...I don't give a rats ass.  I was merely making observations and that is just too much for people to hear.  I understand it must be very difficult to be subjective about this since it looks like I'm describing you to a "t."  Sorry....I would ask that you keep your responses to me less personal and not be swayed by the peanut gallery that is obviously cheering you on.   

]I'll ignore the last senseless comment, but I must point out that YOU made all this personal. You come here shouting "hey, me and my pals  have decided that women who are older than 40 CANNOT dream or aspire to be hot. Besides, women are failing men because they aren't sexy, perfumed, well dressed, luscious BLABLABLA 100% of tiime and they use babies as an excuse, and it's no use denying because we know it's all BS" "And if you rebel against our High Opinion, that's only because you haven't met any Honest people like us before".

So who do you think you are you and your beer/sports buddies?? God or something?? A little humbleness would work wonders for you.

Just look at what you said in another post: " (hmmm...I'm actually OPEN to looking at my thought processes when it's brought up in an intelligent and non-insulting manner - take note everyone!) "

hey everyone, did you take note of this??? You better do it quickly, or the sky will fall, the stock exchange will collapse, more floods and fires will come your way. DJGAWD , in his compassionate generosity, has given us humble mortals a chance to make Him look at His thought processes. Quit doing whatever you're doing, this is way more important!! And, that "take note" is killing me... DJDAWG you crack me up!! Keep them coming, we need good laughs anytime!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

OTOH I think this subject isn't worth so much time and attention. It's all based on personal definitions of hotness, wife negligence as lovers, playing victim, no one understands me, no one likes me, calimero. I'm outta here!
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

djdawg

« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2007, 04:08:06 PM »

whoa nelly!!! you do write A LOT!!† :shock:
Wow...I am completely done with this....how you take the things that I say Pink and turn them around is completely amazing to me.† I repeat things in as logical of a manner as possible yet you still don't grasp it.†

That's your imagination djdawg. Stop playing victim!

Where on earth did I justify discriminating against people?????†

By condoning the use of stereotypes " because there is some truth to them" you risk that, but then again I didn't say that. You're putting words in my mouth that I didn't say!

Carlos Mencia is not a "macho man"† (hmmmm....sounds like a stereotype to me!† You're "judging me!")†

<<sigh>>> I said very clearly: I'm judging what you say. not YOU. I don't even know you. Any judgment I can make has to be based on what you say.

he is a very popular latino comedian (and hilarious I might add) that uses humour and much of his humour revolves around the differences that we find in different nationalities and cultures and as men and women.†

I admit I had to look up his page on wikipedia, never heard of the man. I had thought he'd be a writer. Thanks for clarifying. Yeah, I assumed he was a macho man based on what you had said. But it turns out he's probably not only† a macho man but also the kind of comedian who makes money by making fun of others. Can't say I like that...

he he, his story could make a movie. As to latinos, I'm a latina living in a latin country, so I'm kind of used to that stereotype. Which by the way has disappeared among the youngest and more educated generation (thank gods!!)

† I've said until I'm blue in the face that cutting off of hair is not the be all and end all of my point but it can be a SYMPTOM, SYMPTOM, SYMPTOM, SYMPTOM, SYMPTOM (there...I said it 5 times because apparantly you've missed all the other times I've said it)† of other things that are happening in her life.

Yeah but you presented in a way like a flag or something. A symbol of sorts. So it's only natural we pick on this to counter your theories.

Pink you sound like a very politically correct person and that is something that I cannot tolerate AT ALL.† It's done so much more harm then good and I'm sorry for you that you live in that world.†

Your problem.

BTW....women can do whatever the hell they want with their hair...I don't give a rats ass.† I was merely making observations and that is just too much for people to hear.† I understand it must be very difficult to be subjective about this since it looks like I'm describing you to a "t."† Sorry....I would ask that you keep your responses to me less personal and not be swayed by the peanut gallery that is obviously cheering you on.† †

]I'll ignore the last senseless comment, but I must point out that YOU made all this personal. You come here shouting "hey, me and my pals† have decided that women who are older than 40 CANNOT dream or aspire to be hot. Besides, women are failing men because they aren't sexy, perfumed, well dressed, luscious BLABLABLA 100% of tiime and they use babies as an excuse, and it's no use denying because we know it's all BS" "And if you rebel against our High Opinion, that's only because you haven't met any Honest people like us before".

So who do you think you are you and your beer/sports buddies?? God or something?? A little humbleness would work wonders for you.

Just look at what you said in another post: " (hmmm...I'm actually OPEN to looking at my thought processes when it's brought up in an intelligent and non-insulting manner - take note everyone!) "

hey everyone, did you take note of this??? You better do it quickly, or the sky will fall, the stock exchange will collapse, more floods and fires will come your way. DJGAWD , in his compassionate generosity, has given us humble mortals a chance to make Him look at His thought processes. Quit doing whatever you're doing, this is way more important!! And, that "take note" is killing me... DJDAWG you crack me up!! Keep them coming, we need good laughs anytime!!!† :lol:† :lol:† :lol:† :lol:

OTOH I think this subject isn't worth so much time and attention. It's all based on personal definitions of hotness, wife negligence as lovers, playing victim, no one understands me, no one likes me, calimero. I'm outta here!

It's very difficult to have an intellingent conversation with someone when they have such an inability to be logical.  It's pointless....I'm glad I provided you with some entertainment and I wish you luck in your make believe world where world peace will be realized!!!

....and on that....I bid you goodnight. 

djdawg

« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2007, 05:13:06 PM »

Pink...check your pm's.........

go2grl

« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2007, 08:29:10 PM »

Anyone else sort of wondering what in the heck this conversation has to do with SLD??  Not that everything we talk about relates to the diet, but it's pretty clear that one of the reasons this forum is so great at supporting each other is that we are all working on a similar goal of weight loss.  A ton of people here deal with adverse effects of stereotyping every single day of their lives due to being overweight. Do we really need to beat each other over the head with OTHER stereotypes too?
Living La Vida SLD!

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2007, 04:33:50 AM »

djdawg
i admit i am nowhere as eloquent as Pinkmug and so many others who answered your post.
true i did not read EVERY SINGLE WORD  of every one of your posts  - it was way too boring.  so as my time is precious i'm off to join pinkmug and all my other friends on the forum on other threads.

shinju_chan

« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2007, 10:22:46 AM »

Believe me...we're different.† Ask any woman from another country the differences in men from America, Italy, Australia, etc and if she's encountered them, she'll tell you.† Just as much as American women are verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry different then women from other countries.†

So that explains it, now I know why American women have very little time for American men and go crazy over Europeans and Aussies :P

Wow...could that be a volatile thread or what????!!!!!† LOL....They don't want us to act in certain ways but they are attracted to it anyway....omg....I'm stopping while I'm behind.

I thought falconcy meant that after we meet the Brits and Aussies, we realize American men are often not worth our time.

It's pretty typical behavior for an American man to do something like make a broad, over-generalized statement based solely on his and his friends' opinion, say that all people agree with him, then bitch and gripe when people tell him he's wrong.† Thank you for reminding me, yet again, why I left the U.S. in the first place.

Well over half of my friends in my lifetime have been American men.† I lived with 10 different men in college and from hearing stories about how much their balls itch in the morning, to who they would sleep with as long as she put a bag over her head, to how many women he had been with at once, I was also privy to what they considered "hot."† And although the 10 foot model often fit the bill, it wasn't the only thing that did it.† There were loads of different body types, ages, and ethnicities that readily hit the "hot" button for them.

I am also surrounded by American men who would have nothing to do with a blond 10 foot American woman, because a tiny, cute Asian is their idea of a 10.

The opinions you and your buddies swap while having a beer is not THE American male, it's AN American male, or A FEW American men, and from my experience not a majority opinion.

I think you're right; quit while you're behind.

ha....that's awesome.† Another case of someone responding without apparantly reading all of my posts....can't really say much more because of that....so many inaccuracies I don't even know where to start.....

WILL YOU QUIT RESPONDING TO EACH POST INDIVIDUALLY PLEASE.† IT IS OBNOXIOUS.†

If you want to make a point for christ's sake do it.† So far everything you have said is practically nothing but GARBAGE.

I feel sorry for Pinkmug for even starting this thread.† Sorry darling.

My suggestion, do not respond to what he says; PLEASE.  He is a TROLL.

terio

« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2007, 10:48:27 AM »

WILL YOU QUIT RESPONDING TO EACH POST INDIVIDUALLY PLEASE.  IT IS OBNOXIOUS.

If you want to make a point for christ's sake do it.  So far everything you have said is practically nothing but GARBAGE.

I feel sorry for Pinkmug for even starting this thread.  Sorry darling.

My suggestion, do not respond to what he says; PLEASE.  He is a TROLL.

Agreed!!!

djdawg

« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2007, 01:57:47 PM »

.......My suggestion, do not respond to what he says; PLEASE.† He is a TROLL.

I haven't visited the board too much lately because I've been swamped....

I'm assuming the above is a clear violation of the rules and regs of the board and I expect the mods to take action?  Possibly?  No...ok, big surprise.  Now if I called someone a troll....oh Lord......

Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean name calling is necessary.  I was very NON personal when addressing and responding and I guess it was too much to expect the same. 

In response to someone saying they didn't read all of my posts because it was too boring...the boring part I don't care about but if you're going to make accusations then you should probably know what the heck you're talking about before you make the accusations.  It's very frustrating when people are making points and saying things based on one sliver of a post that was made.  Things taken totally out of context and the refusal (or stupidity?) of taking two seconds to view everything before making accusations.  If you don't have the time or the energy TO READ SOMEONES POSTS AS A WHOLE I certainly understand that because we all have lives.  Why people then go on to make comments based on such a lack of information is beyond me....I'll stick to talking about oil and nothing more and the rest of the "good ol' boys" (or should I say good ol girls) can have fun with the non-oil posts....

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2007, 04:54:07 PM »

Topic locked.

*yawns*

Another Internet drama.

Proud member of Lab Rats United, noseclipped unit: Tested on since May 18, 2006.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18