Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Older ladies in hot outfits?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Older ladies in hot outfits?  (Read 81322 times)

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
Older ladies in hot outfits?
« on: July 12, 2007, 09:25:04 AM »

This is something I like to have lots of opinions about, and I find mens' very interesting and contradictory, that's why I'm asking here, though I also welcome replies from the gals of course.

I've asked in other forums, as I hear all kinds of comments from male friends and coworkers. What do you think of an older woman, say in her late 40's and 50's or more, who dress like teenagers? Does it make a difference if she's fit or out of shape? You know, mature women showing tummy, wearing minis, etc. Do you think she's "conveying a message"? (Note: this isn't about me I assure you :D)

A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

falconcy

Re: Older ladies in hot outfits?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 09:33:13 AM »

Depends on the look, if it is slutty or "mutton dressed as lamb" then it can look really crap, often downright stupid. On the other hand, something that looks classy can look good, if anything a turn on for many guys. I'd need to see pics to give a proper opinion ;-) If she's really out of shape, it can look bloody horrendous and would attract the kind of guy who is basically the same ...desperate  :lol:

Nufftin

• A work in progress
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 10:10:15 AM »

If she looks good in it, fine. It's all about dressing appropriately, whatever the occasion. If she's fifty (which isn't that old anymore), and she's been working out, and she feels confident in her body, sure. Just so she realizes, she's "conveying" the same message as a overly-sexualized 14-year old, and will probably get the attention from the same kind of man.

In other words, if she complains about people not give her the respect due a 50-year-old woman, then she's batty.

Conquering myself until/I see another hurdle approaching
Say we can, say we will/Not just another drop in the ocean.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 04:26:15 AM »

I should add: the particular persons (both my friends) have great bodies, size 2 or 4, really look 20'ish - but their faces, aaarrgg, totally damaged by the sun! Wrinkles, sagging, brown spots... terrible. Both smoke like chimneys. The body looks 20 and the face looks 60. I've heard male friends comment a bit on the negative side, and I thought it's a bit unfair... BTW one is divorced, the other married. They both have teen daughters, and they all shop for clothes in the same place (juvenile clothes). These ladies don't have a problem showing their best features with mini minis, bare cleavage, tummy, well almost everything. But when you look at their faces, oh-ho! Should their wear veils? :lol:
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Nufftin

• A work in progress
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 05:46:01 AM »

We do have a designation for that.

I assume you've heard the term "butterface"? As in, "Everything about her is hot butterface"?

(I do not judge, I only report)

Conquering myself until/I see another hurdle approaching
Say we can, say we will/Not just another drop in the ocean.

nimi

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 05:57:35 AM »

I think it looks silly when older women dress like teenagers. Clothes can be age appropriate and sexy.  t's part of that whole Baby Boomer I refuse to act like a grown-up thing.....

losing-it

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 06:31:02 AM »

I think it looks silly when older women dress like teenagers. Clothes can be age appropriate and sexy. It's part of that whole Baby Boomer I refuse to act like a grown-up thing.....

Who wants to dress like a teenager, a grown-up, or like everyone else? Meh! That's all part of the whole "I want to be like the [whatever it is] group-think which begins to affect most of the human race at the onset of pre-teen years. Often before that -- in the elementary school ages, with the demand for designer or brand names -- Abercrombie & Fitch, Roxie, etc., for the pre-teens and teens around here. "Boobie" showoff bodices for the 20-30 somethings. Who knows what brand names and group status duds for the 40's and 50's and beyond. I'm usually still wearing blue jeans and cotton jersey types of shirts (tee shirts in various styles), mostly for comfort -- I'm all about cotton, especially in this hot, muggy climate of Florida. I'd like to dress uniquely, i.e., create a style unique to myself, if I could afford what I'd want to do, and if I really wanted to invest time in doing so, which I don't. I'd have to design and sew the stuff, myself. I do enjoy wearing women's East-Indian tunics split up the sides along with skinny pants like spandex leotards or jeans, chunky Native American turquoise jewelry, toe-sandals, leather string-belts worn at the hips -- whatever they are called. And still wear long hair - uncoiffed for the most part. Sort of hippie throwback, although I was never a hippie. Just stuff I like. Don't think it looks too teen-agerish, I reckon. Updated retro and a bit artsy I guess. That's about as unique as I can afford to get...my wardrobe comes from thrift stores.

Women over 40 can look beautiful, alluring, elegant or "hot" and be youthful by the way they put their clothes and makeup and hairdo together. I love the current Dove commercials featuring all kinds of women of age (over 40's), size and color. Doesn't make me use Dove products (I do like the soap smell -- my MIL used to use it -- it gives me hives) -- still, I like the direction of their Ads.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 11:15:19 AM by losing-it »

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 08:22:40 AM »

We do have a designation for that.

I assume you've heard the term "butterface"? As in, "Everything about her is hot butterface"?

(I do not judge, I only report)

HA HA HA THAT'S HILARIOUS :lol:

I don't want to be a butterface!! I want to be an evener face!!! :D

falconcy

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 08:37:28 AM »

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 09:17:03 AM »

I'm a bit complicated I think! I have the two sides, one more dashy, another more discreet. It depends on the day! And I dress more "according to my age" for work, I don't go there with mini skirts or strap tops. Not that it's not allowed: my work is totally permissive as to dressing. But I know the comments my coworkers (all male) would make, and I don't want to put my hubby through that (he's my coworker!!!  :D) In fact, before we even dated, I used to dress more "sexily", as I was young and slim, and HE was among the male workers so he heard what they said (malicious wicked comments  :shock:), and told me about it when we started dating. He asked me to avoid dressing like that to spare him - and myself - from the comments. So I did. But, on weekends I wear minis, shorts, cheap flip-flops, tops, etc, very casually, especially when I'm home and just go outside to the coffee shop, the supermarket, walk the dog, etc. If we go to a mall, movie, visit, etc I may dress more formally.

Like losing-it, my fave are jeans. Long, bermudas, shorts, skirts, jackets, and Ts or tops, and ethnic stuff too. I have a nice collection of tunics, embroidered, with little mirrors, etc. That's my hippie side too. Those are items I think I'll never give away! I also have very feminine skirts and jackets that I don't wear so much, but I like them for special days. My fave stores are Bershka, H&M and Mango, but maybe only those of you in Europe know them. Bershka is very teenage-ish, my daughter only shops there; but many items are still wearable by older women if they're not too fat (the L size is what you call a 10 or 12!!) and they just have S-M-L, nothing bigger. Mango is very stylish and more "ladylike". H&M has both sides and is also stylish. The ethnic stuff I buy at local fairs, or stores like Natura, which also has beautiful exotic objects for the house  http://www.naturaselection.com/

Today at work I'm wearing khaki knee-length bermudas from Mango and a white shirt with thin green lines from H&M, short sleeved and puffy on the shoulders (I don't know how you call it) and wedge jute sole espadrilles - khaki with a silver embroidery. What are you wearing, both gals and guys? Do tell, it will add to my mental image of you!  :D

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 09:29:28 AM »

I think this sums it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzpuzRl4FxI

Oh that's most funny! ROTFL! But when i think twice...isn't it unfair for the ugly-faced? I mean isn't she beautiful her own weird way? Aren't we all beautiful one way or another?

Ugh. Let me cut the philosophy.

As Vinicius de Moraes ( = GOD) said: "Ugly women, please forgive me, but beauty is fundamental"

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 09:41:12 AM »

To heck with older women dressing hot.  Let's get some of the younger ones to stop wearing what they do!  I'm all for dressing well no matter your shape, but do some of these girls look in a mirror before they leave their houses?  I don't want to see muffin tops hanging out of jeans that are too low with a top that's too high.  Put a cute button down shirt over it and leave it open.  Slimming but not too revealing.  And the shorts.  Oh my, the shorts.  I don't need to see your buttcheeks hanging out of the bottom of your shorts!  Especially if your legs aren't your best feature.  Add a couple of inches and spare me the view of the jiggling inner thigh cellulite that moves with every step.  Ugh!  Sorry, but this happens to be one of my pet peeves.  I suppose it's tremendously judgemental of me.  My bad.  But I truly feel bad knowing the kinds of looks/comments/thoughts that these outfits will solicit.  I guess I was hurt too many times growing up by this type of thing (and I was the ultimate in conservative dressing growing up).  I hate to think of others being subjected to it.

T-Vix

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 09:56:44 AM »

Oh but I ditto all you say Tek!.... I'm glad my DD is slim and doesn't look like those chubby girls who think muffin tops are sexy... as for me as soon as I got chubbier I immediately lengthened my shorts and minis. Now , is a chubby cellulity muffin top young girl more desirable than a mature woman with a great slim toned body even with a couple lines around the eyes? That's my doubt! I may not even sleep well tonight because of it! :lol: :lol:

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 12:25:43 PM »

Pinkmug
indietro liceo - davanti museo  :D
(from the back school girl - from the front museum)
the women on 'what not to wear' say that from a certain age minis should be a bit longer. they also say show off ONE thing legs or cleavage both together looks cheap.
i always wear trousers/jeans and love the latest fashion of tunic tops.  but wear t shirts or shirts too.  so as my legs are always covered  i don't mind showing a bit of cleavage now and again  :)
my hair is long dark brown with reddish tints (natural) my skin is very pale and my eyes are blue'grey.  i like  wearing fashionable clothes - but tarty things look tarty on youngsters too and wobbly bits look ugly on anyone!

feedyoureye

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 01:35:19 AM »

I think one of the most beautiful things a woman can wear is love of life. Its just contagious and feels soooo good. It makes any woman look more attractive, and is all that some of us have control over.... this goes for men too... :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18