Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Anyone had a kidney infection on SLD?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone had a kidney infection on SLD?  (Read 12780 times)

mac24312

Anyone had a kidney infection on SLD?
« on: July 06, 2007, 04:53:58 AM »

Good morning.
I went to the doc yesterday for a annual checkup. I have not felt good in about 2 weeks and that is why I have not been on the board like I want to.  :(

I have not been in about a year so I had a physical yesterday. When she did a urine check she said there was blood in it and asked me if TOM had come yet. I told her no I was suppose it was suppose to come in a week. She said as me if my back and sides had been hurting and if I felt tired and I said yes and she suspected a bad kidney infection. She sent it off and said I should know Monday. In addition TOM came a week early this morning. :(

We did talked about SLD. I have lost ALOT of weight in a little less a year and she frowed on that of course. That don't matter to me. I am just concerned about a kidney infection as I have NEVER had one before.

Anyone know about this?
HUGS
Christina

frenata

• mustela frenata
Re: Anyone had a kidney infection on SLD?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 05:09:16 AM »

First I've heard of it. Did she say what she thought the connection was between rapid weight loss and the kidneys? I don't get the relationship.

My sister in law ruined her gallbladder dieting, but she went severe low fat.
Running weight tally:

bigbaddar

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 05:23:55 AM »

Hi mac24312,

Looks like the blood in your urine is from your TOM starting. I certainly hope it isn't the infection...and maybe your aches and pains are just the result of your skin pulling in tighter....less fat under it....

Reached my original goal of 200 lbs from 235....Onto a 2nd goal of 185!

K-Mac

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 08:37:08 AM »

I had a kidney infection once, but I was severely sick...vomitting, diarrhea, flu-like weakness all over, etc.  I had a bladder infection which I was treated for and seemed to go away, then about a week later, I got really sick.  Went to the Dr and come to find out, the bladder infection had not gone away and had moved up into my kidneys.  Got a shot in each butt cheek and had to take some antibiotics, or was it sulfa drugs, for about two weeks.  I was not on SLD at the time.  I'm actually very prone to bladder infections, but haven't had one in several years now.  (Knock on wood.)  If your Dr thinks it was brought on by weight loss, let us know.  I'm curious about that.

verjeep

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 07:08:54 PM »

Mac24 - I cannot imagine that the SLD would have anything to do with the SLD. UTI's are extremely common among women (especially those that are sexually active). Some women, for some reason, tend not to feel the typical burning and frequency that most women feel with UTI's. The first sign of symptoms that these women get are when the infection reaches the kidneys at which point they feel back pain, nausea, headache and flu-like symptoms.
Here are the tips I give my patients to avoid UTI's -
1) Hydration - forward flow prevents the urine from sitting around brewing stuff
2) Good Hygeine - Wiping front to back, avoiding overly tight clothes, avoid douching, etc..
3) Sex - Try to urinate as soon as convenient after intercourse to clear any bacteria that may have migrated up your urethra
4) Be alert to signs / symptoms - If you don't get the burning / frequency - look for a funny smell, cloudy color, back pain in the middle of your back  (especially if only on one side), fevers, nausea / vomiting without diarrhea, flu like symptoms without sneezing, coughing or sore throat.
5) Finally, if you keep getting infections despite following all of the above consider acidifying your urine using either Vitamin C or Cranberry (either juice or pill-supplements) - these can be used either on a daily basis or only on days when you are going to have intercourse (if your symptoms seem related to that).

VeganKitten

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 08:04:43 PM »

I used to get UTI's pretty often; I haven't had one since I cut out refined sugar (mostly) and alcohol. Sugar water used for SLD could possibly be a contributing factor, if you're susceptible, and consuming a lot of it.

"A diet for ALL types of urinary tract infection, first of all omits sugar and alcohol - as they speed up the proliferation of bacteria."
http://www.remedy-bladder-infection.com/naturalmeasures.html

Laidir

• Valerie Jefferies Photography
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 12:06:17 AM »

I have a similar problem when on menses. Almost every month. My Doc eventually scripted trimethoprim to be taken at the first signs but this wrecked my guts eventually and caused a lot of problems. Leaky gut, gluten intolerance for the first time in my life, joint and muscle probs and IBS. Eventually I started to research more natural ways of treating UTI's and infections and came across D mannose. I havn't looked back since. Although it is a sugar it is not high glycemic. Neither do the bugs become resistant as in the case of anti biotics. The bugs cannot resist the sugar molecules and attach themselves to it and are flushed out of the urinary. In severe case of UTI I would take 1 TSP D mannose powder every hour until the burning and pain subsides and then drop back to 2 times a day. It should not take long. It usually only takes a day for me to lose the worst of the symptoms. I also take Ester C and zinc to boost my immune syste. You could literally add the D Mannose to water with your sugar or oil drink each night and it will not affect the diet - it is virtually tasteless. It's derived from cranberries but contains less sugar than cranberries, and it doesnt irritate sore tissues as cranberry juice can.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18