Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
SLD as Chick Magnet

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: SLD as Chick Magnet  (Read 30555 times)

losing-it

Re: SLD as Chick Magnet
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 11:56:01 AM »

Confidence, intelligence, passion (whether for life, work, and/or romantic interests ) --- especially a sure confidence in one's abilty to express and pursue what he desires may be what attracts me most in a man. Looks can be an attraction, but for the most part, physical attirbutes, including size, are secondary.

ZM

• Pete on the C2 wiki
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007, 10:07:39 AM »

Okay, so I'm still far from in-shape but my face is definitely getting some angles again. Sydney is cold at present so I get to go out to lunch wrapped up in a nice felt great-coat and no one can tell I have no six pack detectable at this time ... and I am getting looks from babes of a caliber I never got looks from before. Well, not in a decade or two ...

Of course I'm a married man so I can't say whether these looks could actually translate into anything real. But it stands to reason that if you don't get looks in the first place it's going to be much harder for you to get to a second place.

So, yeah, I think it's a babe-magnet. YMMV.
Fat ---- Me -------- Thin                    (Going back on ELOO)

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 10:53:00 AM »

I really notice how a man dresses. I love a man that can wear a shirt and tie and look comfortable in it. Confident, smiling.
Size, height, are not as important.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

falconcy

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 11:01:55 AM »

On the shirts, from bitter experience, they have to fit right for you to feel confident. Mine now do, whereas previously they were a tad tight, which definitely had affected my confidence. Ties can also make a statement. Mine are all silk and vary from sober to quite bright. I would never wear a tie with a cartoon character on it though, way too silly for me.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2007, 06:50:20 PM »

On the shirts, from bitter experience, they have to fit right for you to feel confident. Mine now do, whereas previously they were a tad tight, which definitely had affected my confidence. Ties can also make a statement. Mine are all silk and vary from sober to quite bright. I would never wear a tie with a cartoon character on it though, way too silly for me.

I like traditional ties, for the most part.

I have to note that it isn't so much "chick magnet" as I did get some attention from women wanting diet tips and secrets ;)

javacody

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 02:26:20 PM »

How funny.

Kind of like how when a man is single, women won't pay him any attention, but once he's married, he gets a lot more attention...

falconcy

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 05:30:21 AM »

Daytime walking along the beach brings me in contact with many examples of the fairer sex. I'm guessing that mental attitude plays a fairly large part in the equation. Being totally relaxed and not a care in the world seems to get a fair bit of eye contact, some smiles and the odd good morning. I've also noticed that women are more likely to strike up conversation these days.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 07:18:50 AM »

Daytime walking along the beach brings me in contact with many examples of the fairer sex.

AHA! I found your motivation for the long walks LOL  :lol: kidding
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

azuka

• Eaton Rapids Junk Barn
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 08:56:55 PM »

Well..... I think that looks are a relatively small part of what constitutes being a chick magnet.     I've been a 'chick magnet' my entire life.   As a young man I discovered that many many women found me irresistable.   The bad news is that most of these women were a) extremely young..... ranging in age from birth to about age 9   b) extremely old - well... by comparison anyway.... lets say 30+ years older than me.  c)living in a mental health institution OR d) a dog or a cat!

As a young man I was an auditor and most assignments were at mental health institutions.  I was a big hit.   Little girls, often younger siblings of girls I knew, would just come up to me and start talking to me as if I was one of their pals.  Old ladies would just start a conversation with me.   And the mental health residents would ignore the other auditors and focus on me..... embarassing at times.

It was always the women my own age that seemed to ignore me.  Now that I'm 'extremely' old, the ladies in my age group have developed an interest in me.

What's my secret?  It's not looks!  Not my size!    But rather, I listen to them.  I hear what they say and engage in a conversation without ulterior motives.    I believe what women want in a relationship, whether is is romantic or otherwise is to be able to have a real conversation with a guy who understands what they are getting at and who is interested in knowing and understanding who they are.   What could be better than that?

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 02:48:55 AM »

Maybe your chick magnet comes from your wonderful sense of humor, azuka.... i know I like that A LOT!  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Anais

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 01:15:04 PM »

well, many woman in my family always said that the most important in a man is that he is good looking (my family is from the Balkans) because men are disappointing you anyway but still he is a looker  :lol:

i broke this pattern pattern by choosing a man not from my cultural heritage - but still he is good looking (my first two fiancés weren`t, so i really tried).
i think that a man is good looking if he feels confident, satisfied, just relaxed  :)

--- love your body and treat it well! ---

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2008, 01:51:33 AM »

well, many woman in my family always said that the most important in a man is that he is good looking (my family is from the Balkans) because men are disappointing you anyway but still he is a looker  :lol:

Mwahahahahah I like that quote  :lol:

nemoly11

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 11:06:01 AM »

I also disagree with the fact that they started talking to him because they now saw him as someone to date. . . I know that myself, when I know men who have lost a significant amount of weight, it doesn't change the already established "Will I ever date this man?" evaluation.  That happens pretty early on.  The only time you can get past the fugly factor is within the first month, and in extreme circumstances (aka completely awesome personalities), up to a year.

In fact, I think that there is something about men who are a little overweight in terms of how much I feel they are a nice person to open up to.  I feel this way about- whats his name- Al Roker(?) (the weather guy on Today).  He was such a nice guy, and I feel like I could spill my heart out to him (dunno why), but now that he is skinny-minny, I don't feel the same way.  But it certainly isn't because I am suddenly attracted to him!  I still wouldn't date him.  I can't put my finger on why I feel this way to start off with though. 

With that said, weight loss will definitely increase the number of women who are just meeting you to be interested in you.  So you will sill be a hunk to plenty of new women; probably just not to the ones that have known you forever and have never been into you!

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 11:48:44 AM »

I think that there is something about men who are a little overweight in terms of how much I feel they are a nice person to open up to  I feel this way about- whats his name- Al Roker(?) (the weather guy on Today).  He was such a nice guy, and I feel like I could spill my heart out to him

Maybe this could be called "The Santa Claus Effect"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I like my men cuddly and I want em handing out presents.   :lol:  Lots of presents.  8)
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

seahorse

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 08:55:11 AM »

I met my bf on the internet and fell in love with him before we had ever met in person, so in that particular case i would say that if the guy listens well , has great humor and is always there for you even though he lives at the other end of the world, then it doesnt matter what he looks like.
i think we woman want to feel safe, that is the main thing. Not that we cant look after ourselves, it is just that we want our partner to be able to stand by us when times get rough. It is different things that make us feel safe, some woman think a muscle man will keep them safe and others think the kind empathic teddy-bear-guy makes them feel better because he gives them the sense that he will always be there and support her.

But i have to say on first encounter it is the looks that count and it can give u a head start.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18