Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Baseball

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baseball  (Read 14473 times)

K-Mac

Re: Baseball
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 08:52:04 AM »

My husband's Grandfather was a pitcher in college and played town ball during the summer.  It was the days of the Negro League and there were these touring teams of all African-American players.  They came to this small town and Hubby's grandfather pitched the first game of a double-header.  The Negro League Pitcher was apparently incredible and pitched the whole game.  The town ball team was shelled.  Game two of the double-header came and the Town Team sent out it's new pitcher.  The Negro League Team sent out the SAME pitcher who proceded to throw an entire game with his LEFT hand and beat the pants off of the town ball team.  That would have been cool to see.

Wow!  What an athlete!  I'll bet his arms were sore for a few days, but I'll bet he had a smile on his face nonetheless!

djdawg

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 11:30:56 AM »

I didn't see the game Kmac - but I heard about it.  Wish I had! 

Here's a great Baseball story from America in days past --

My husband's Grandfather was a pitcher in college and played town ball during the summer.  It was the days of the Negro League and there were these touring teams of all African-American players.  They came to this small town and Hubby's grandfather pitched the first game of a double-header.  The Negro League Pitcher was apparently incredible and pitched the whole game.  The town ball team was shelled.  Game two of the double-header came and the Town Team sent out it's new pitcher.  The Negro League Team sent out the SAME pitcher who proceded to throw an entire game with his LEFT hand and beat the pants off of the town ball team.  That would have been cool to see.

OMG...not THAT'S a baseball story...incredible! 

For those of you that knew Negro star Buck O'Neil, you would probably really enjoy his book "The Soul of Baseball: A road trip through Buck O'Neil's America."  I am planning on picking it up this weekend....even the cover makes me get teary eyed! 

widyo

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 04:20:37 AM »

I like baseball, but unfortunately in my country is less popular sports :(
Hello everyone
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18