Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
First official thread!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First official thread!  (Read 8913 times)

djdawg

First official thread!
« on: June 27, 2007, 01:23:28 PM »

How ironic is it that the first thread I'm posting is something that many men may not even experience?  I tried this in the regular sections but didn't hear anything so I'll try it again...

Have any other guys experienced mood swings when first starting on SLD?  I'm not sure if I can chalk it up to SLD because I am dealing with some stuff right now but I was curious if it was something that might be a common side effect with guys.

sparetire

Re: First official thread!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 02:57:42 PM »

s'up

sparetire

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 03:14:45 PM »

My above brief post was a social norms joke related to the title of this thread. Regarding, mood swings, as was stated in a very similar thread, blood sugar levels (extreme ranges) can be related to mood swings. I assume you're on sugar water, you could try oil or fructose water, to limit sudden shocks to your blood sugar. Also make sure you're drinking the sugar water very slowly (as the book dictates).

falconcy

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 03:39:19 PM »

Fructose does not spike the blood sugar like sucrose does. so it is a good one to use if you are worried about sugar spikes. Do not confuse Fructose with High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) as they are not the same.

Omega 3's can get the mood on track and avoid the Grumpy Older Men Syndrome, way better than Prozac and without the side effects.

djdawg

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 04:53:44 PM »

Only oil here folks....I started with Walnut Oil (omega 3's right?) and the freaking store was out of it this week so I've moved into Grapeseed oil.  Never used the sugar water.....I'm plugging my nose too with the GSO.

BobP

• WILMAAAAA!
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 08:19:06 AM »

How ironic is it that the first thread I'm posting is something that many men may not even experience?  I tried this in the regular sections but didn't hear anything so I'll try it again...

Have any other guys experienced mood swings when first starting on SLD?  I'm not sure if I can chalk it up to SLD because I am dealing with some stuff right now but I was curious if it was something that might be a common side effect with guys.

I can't say I noticed any mood swings at the beginning, one way or the other.  Losing weight and looking halfway decent in a swimsuit gives me a nice feeling of well-being...

K-Mac

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 06:15:42 AM »

I wonder if men are like women in that as women lose weight, hormones are released that have been stored in our fat?  Perhaps some estrogen was released from your fat, thus making you moody?  I suspect if testosterone were being released, it would have made you feel more angry and aggressive, like those athletes on steroids/hormones??  Just a thought.

rps930

• Food For Fuel
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 03:09:11 PM »

I know, I know, a female here, but growing up with 4 brothers, no sisters, and always working in a "man's" job, except for a 2 year stint of teaching HS science, just wanted to drop by and say hi to all you guys. 
My husband isn't on SLD, but his mood swings were getting worse than a menopausal woman, :lol: finally got him in for a check up, and his testosterone, was about half normal for his age, the Dr. put him on testosterone patches and the change in mood was almost immediate, and his energy level has increased too.  He is 65, and doing much better and feels great.  So if you happen to be over 50 may be worth having the hormone checked.
Lana

djdawg

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 05:53:15 PM »

Oh great!  I'm turning into a woman?????  LOL...(not saying women are bad but to become one when male first would kind of suck!) 

I remember after going through a sickness sometime ago the doctor prescribed steriods for me to up my testorone level.  Totally forgot about that....not THOSE kind of steroids.  I'll have to check into that. 

Ran-Ran

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 10:03:25 AM »

I just started the 'diet' yesterday and I have not experienced any mod swing yet. In the past I have had them when I feel deprived of something I want, like food. Maybe this 'diet' will end that issue.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18