Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
New section for men! Check it out!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New section for men! Check it out!  (Read 17300 times)

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
Re: New section for men! Check it out!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 09:32:41 PM »

I was only talking metaphorically Magpie - sex in a canoe = 'effing close to water
Oh.  And here I was, thinking wobbly and wet images. :P

djdawg

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 05:59:04 PM »

Wow.... :lol:  OMG, this thread has already gone places I never envisioned.

I have to say there are is something called TMI and not sure if I'd want to read about it whether it's in the Men's Department or not!   :lol: :lol:

We DO have a tendency to talk in cruder ways and our minds tend to think about sex quite often but I'm also hoping we can rise above the typical stereotype that most women have about us in order to regain respect!  Respect baby!

Now about sex....I will have to say that I've run across several women in my dating days that thought about sex just as much if NOT MORE then myself.  (maybe it's because who she was with?   8)  ) 

Now THAT'S a man comment!!!!!   

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 08:55:35 PM »

Now about sex....I will have to say that I've run across several women in my dating days that thought about sex just as much if NOT MORE then myself.  (maybe it's because who she was with?     )  

....and THAT'S a comment that could be interpreted several ways!  Not sure I'd be bragging about dates THINKING about sex !!! :lol: :P :lol:

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 09:58:14 AM »

I have to kind of crack up about the whole men's department thing.  I don't know about you guys, but I just go in and read whatever unread posts I have from the last time.  I rarely even have a clue what department I'm in, unless it's one of falconcy's recipes.  So, I'm really happy for hawaiian haole to be able to share more info about his poops because it's in the men's department, but there will be plenty of women reading those posts too.  And BTW, I share the same happy benefit to SLD!  :lol:

So I guess what I'm saying is, please forgive us womenfolk if we accidentally get lost and post a stray female response in your sandbox.

Now, how 'bout some ball talk.  My 11 yo DD pitched 23 innings this weekend with only 1 walk.  How's that for a stat?   :lol:

T-Vix

Marianna

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 10:45:16 AM »

I have an idea--I have been on some message boards that post Men Only in the subject line to any message where they don't want responses from women--If any man here feels strongly about that, you have that option--

djdawg

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 11:51:51 AM »

I have an idea--I have been on some message boards that post Men Only in the subject line to any message where they don't want responses from women--If any man here feels strongly about that, you have that option--

I'm afraid we'd get our hand slapped by someone if we did that....besides, I don't know about anyone else but we didn't start this Mens Department to be an exclusive club or anything.  Not sure why there is so much confusion about it.  I appreciate everyones posts no matter who they are but as a man reading about cycles getting messed up, menopause, period problems...etc I thought it would be nice to have an area where we don't have to read about that.  How can we relate to any of that?

And I'm sure we'll all accept the fact that men and women are different.  No matter how society tried to tell us for so long we're not...I don't know much  but I'm guessing we all react to sld in different ways.  We have different challenges, different temptations etc.  That was the whole point of this section.........

K-Mac

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 01:06:38 PM »

How much does Bud Lite have? -2% :P

You can buy beers that have more.  The stuff my husband drinks is 5.9%.  There are many choices here, just maybe not at the grocery store...probably have to go to a liquor store or microbrewery.

rps930

• Food For Fuel
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 07:03:34 AM »

Hey guys, have a question for you, have you noticed any better sleep since on SLD?  My hubby is a total night owl staying up until 5 or 6  in the morning, then sleeping til noon.  He is retired, so no real schedule he needs to keep.  He would like to return to night time sleeping, but finds it difficult to go to sleep, so just stays up with the TV.  I mentioned to him about the sleep benefits of SLD and read him some of the posts, he just said," is that a woman writing, need to hear it from a guy before considering the oil" so please help, if you have improved sleep habits.
He could stand to lose about 30 lbs so the weight loss effect wouldn't hurt him.  Thanks,
Lana

ps,  only 3.2 beer in grocery stores, here in Oklahoma have to get the good stuff at liquor store.  Really like it when we travel and can pick up beer and liquor at the grocery store, maybe someday, Oklahoma will leave the 1950's, but it is a great state, we are celebrating our centennial this year, ya'll are welcome to come and enjoy the festivities.

Tandoori Trilobite

• Aspiring gutless wonder
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 07:53:06 AM »

I'm afraid my response won't be very helpful to you, rps930 -- but I didn't become aware of any particular change in the quality of my sleep.  As for people who do report a sleep improvement with SLD, I wonder if it might be attributable to a combination of (a) going to bed with an emptier stomach than usual, because you're eating less; and (b) taking that emptier stomach to bed with less hunger on SLD than might otherwise have been the case.

If you'd like to get your husband onto SLD, whether for the weight-loss benefits or sleep benefits or both, why not point him to some postings from male posters here with encouraging track records?  Seeing the general business of weight loss has a rather feminised image, I can understand that he might prefer to hear it vouched for by another bloke.  You could also appeal to his manly competitive instinct and point out to him that men seem to do better on SLD than women, anyway. :wink:

djdawg

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 09:56:45 AM »

I'm afraid I can't say much on the sleep end either...I take mirapex for restless leg syndrome everynight and it has a drowsy side affect to it so I've always slept well.  Perhaps if I didn't take anything and then started SLD I would notice...

BTW...there are MANY fantastic beers here in the states.  In the Seattle/Pacific NW area we have several fantastic microbrews that all of you would love.  I just had a Boundry Bay pilsner last night!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18