Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
New section for men! Check it out!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New section for men! Check it out!  (Read 19137 times)

djdawg

New section for men! Check it out!
« on: June 27, 2007, 01:20:38 PM »

A big "thank you" to Seth for creating this section for men to come and share things that might be particular to - well....um men! 

The reason that I requested our own section is that men and women are very unique of course and I'm assuming that uniqueness may also come out while being on SLD.  We face different challenges, have different cravings, and perhaps progress differently then women too. 

It is also well known that we tend to not be as open as women with our challenges and maybe the somewhat anonimity that the internet provides could be a positive factor in this case.  I know that I may be more apt to be open and honest this way then if I met you in person. 

Here's to guys and everything that is about guys!  Ladies, you are certainly welcome to post, comment, etc but we do hope that you view this area as "our corner of the house."  That den or garage that we retreat to in order to get in touch with what makes us uniquely male.

In the words of another member (female I might add) this is now a menopause free zone! 

falconcy

Re: New section for men! Check it out!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 03:40:33 PM »

Darn, we can't talk about the Male Menopause  :shock:

djdawg

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 04:52:03 PM »

Darn, we can't talk about the Male Menopause  :shock:

Ha....is there one?  Oh great...something else to look forward to!

BobP

• WILMAAAAA!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 08:22:03 AM »

Here to offer my manly support.  I wonder if it's a male trait to be more reluctant to talk about things like dieting.  I didn't even let on to my wife that I was doing this until I was sure it was working.  Now she knows, and she's trying it too.

djdawg

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 11:21:55 AM »

Here to offer my manly support.  I wonder if it's a male trait to be more reluctant to talk about things like dieting.  I didn't even let on to my wife that I was doing this until I was sure it was working.  Now she knows, and she's trying it too.

I think there is something to that Bob.  We're taught to be "manly" and eat "manly" but screw manly if it means that I'm going to keel over and have a heartattack in 5 yrs from eating "manly"! 

I'll drink oil, eat less and look better thank you very much!   :D

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 02:25:52 AM »

Eat manly? What's that? I'm not aware of the concept. Is there eating manly and eating womanly???? Never heard of that  :shock:
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 02:41:13 AM »

They know what they're talking about.
Running weight tally:

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 02:52:38 AM »

In that case, I may die like a man!
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

djdawg

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 12:34:53 PM »

Eat manly? What's that? I'm not aware of the concept. Is there eating manly and eating womanly???? Never heard of that  :shock:

Of course there's eating manly and eating womanly.  If you're a "real" man (or so they say) you're eating bratwurst, steaks, chili, beer, etc and LOT'S of it..."womanly" eating would be salads with raspberry vinigrette, diet soda's, tea, sushi.....you get the drift right?  At least that's how it is here in America.

falconcy

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 06:28:25 PM »

Are we talking real bratwurst here or something akin to a hot dog sausage? Having had the real thing from a small Bavarian butcher in the Schwartzwold, nothing else really comes close. Same goes for beer, the commercial chemical stuff comes nowhere close to the small family run breweries in Germany or Belgium. Then there's what the Brits call Real Ale, brown beers usually consumed in large quantities after Rugby matches ;-)

On the rare occasions when I've consumed American "beers" I've usually watched everybody else slide under the table and couldn't even manage to get drunk. It was kinda like having sex in a canoe :P

K-Mac

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 06:12:41 AM »

Are we talking real bratwurst here or something akin to a hot dog sausage? Having had the real thing from a small Bavarian butcher in the Schwartzwold, nothing else really comes close. Same goes for beer, the commercial chemical stuff comes nowhere close to the small family run breweries in Germany or Belgium.

There are some good brats and non-commercial beers here too, you just have to know where to find 'em, but on a daily basis, I would say we're eating average brats and drinking watered-down beer compared to Europeans.  My husband loved the food and beer in Germany and says there's really nothing like it here, on a large scale anyway.

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 03:07:47 PM »

It was kinda like having sex in a canoe

I absolutely DON'T want to know how you know about that Falconcy...and might I add.....TYPICAL men - 5 seconds of blokes chit-chating together and SEX gets a mention!! :lol: :lol:

Gentlemen, enjoy your MENstruation-free and MENopause-free section of this forum !! :lol:

hawaii haole

• My Hawaii Pics
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 04:38:51 PM »

so now that theres a "MAN" section id like to share that one of the most beneficial things ive gotten from the diet is after the initial week, my poops have been much better, i can almost set my watch by them and they usually come out it one long easy piece.

to address the beer and brat thing, i think america has a bad rap for quality beers and brats. i gotta agree with kmac. theres good beer and brats, you just gotta look a little bit. the standard is oscar mayer and bud light, but theres local butchers and microbrews that i feel would stand up to some of the better european stuff, but im not here to argue.

im just glad we got a place where we can talk about stuff that might be a little off color that we might be worried about mentioning in the presence of sensitive ears. as far as manly and womanly eating i think that has more to do with sterotyping, because i have seen some women that could eat half the wendy's menu in one sitting without skipping a beat as well as men that cant finish 2 value cheeseburgers.

hawaii haole

• My Hawaii Pics
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 05:18:22 PM »

so whats the point of this section then? i guess ill treat it about the same then... :(

falconcy

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 05:54:27 PM »

It was kinda like having sex in a canoe

I absolutely DON'T want to know how you know about that Falconcy...and might I add.....TYPICAL men - 5 seconds of blokes chit-chating together and SEX gets a mention!! :lol: :lol:

Gentlemen, enjoy your MENstruation-free and MENopause-free section of this forum !! :lol:

I was only talking metaphorically Magpie - sex in a canoe = 'effing close to water - a reference to certain American brews that do not come remotely close to Swan Premium, Tooheys or VB when it comes to alcohol content. For the uninitiated, these beers tend to have around 6.5% alcohol content. How much does Bud Lite have? -2% :P
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18