Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Shovelqueen's SLD Adventure

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 140   Go Down

Author Topic: Shovelqueen's SLD Adventure  (Read 459076 times)

kayvan

• Going for six pack abs...
    • Kayvan's Calorie-Count.Com Journal
Re: Shovelqueen's SDL Adventure
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2007, 09:29:45 AM »

Congrats on your progress! I think ELOO is better for you overall. Have a fun rest of the weekend.
Father, Husband, Writer, Software Geek.
My SLD Page

shovelqueen

« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2007, 03:57:31 AM »

I realized that yesterday was my 2 month anniversary on SLD.  11 lbs gone since June 12, 14 lbs in all.  Haven't weighted this little in about 20 years.  Getting very close to my wedding weight (which, of course, I left behind within 6 months of getting married, once I was cooking for a man.) 

Who would believe it could be so easy and successful!  Thank you again, Dr. Roberts!

"Strength, balance, joy!"

rps930

• Food For Fuel
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2007, 05:49:34 AM »

Weigh to go SQ, you are an inspiration for those who have little to lose!!!

shovelqueen

« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2007, 04:45:34 AM »

Check-in day again.  The scale said 139.5 this morning, staying in the 130's since Sunday.  WAHOOO!! 

It's cooled off enough to put jeans back on for the last evening or two.  My formerly too tight jeans fit like a glove, with a slightly loose feel, like I can sense my body moving within the fabric of the pants.  Pretty cool, considering they used to be skin-tight. 

Ran my block last night, feeling really strong, fuelled by two pieces of cheese-bread toast (homemade soup last night).  I did the block (10.5Km/6.5mi) in 1:07:19, my best time this year by over a minute.  I felt great!!

The next BIG challenge is our 10 day family vacation.  We're leaving Thursday to drive to Prince Edward Island, a 2 1/2 day car trip half way across the continent.  I'm taking my oil with me, but I may have problems finding time to take it, and I can't imagine how I'm going to keep it a secret.  Oh, well, time to come out of the closet, I guess. 

kayvan

• Going for six pack abs...
    • Kayvan's Calorie-Count.Com Journal
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2007, 08:42:37 AM »

The next BIG challenge is our 10 day family vacation.  We're leaving Thursday to drive to Prince Edward Island, a 2 1/2 day car trip half way across the continent.  I'm taking my oil with me, but I may have problems finding time to take it, and I can't imagine how I'm going to keep it a secret.  Oh, well, time to come out of the closet, I guess. 

Put oil in purse with tablespoon, slip into the bathroom, take out oil and tablespoon, pour onto spoon and throw it down your gullet, screw the cap back on, put oil back in purse, wash your spoon and your hands, put spoon in purse.

Total time spent: one minute.

Of course, it's a lot easier just to tell them what you're doing. Have fun and congratulations on maintaining under 140. I'm back in that range again myself.
Father, Husband, Writer, Software Geek.
My SLD Page

multimoe

« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2007, 09:13:29 AM »

I'm taking my oil with me, but I may have problems finding time to take it, and I can't imagine how I'm going to keep it a secret.  Oh, well, time to come out of the closet, I guess. 
[/size]
                        Mouthwash bottles (scrupulously washed) are perfect for carrying. 
                       The sample size (45 ml) Listerine holds 3 TBS, the cap is the measure,
                       exactly 1Tbs. The next size up holds 24 Tbs, the cap measures exactly
                       2 Tbs.  Easy to take a quick shot any time, no tablespoon needed.

shovelqueen

« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2007, 09:18:15 AM »

[quote author=Trina link=topic=5041.msg57178#msg57178 date=1187108009]
  I'm taking my oil with me, but I may have problems finding time to take it, and I can't imagine how I'm going to keep it a secret.  Oh, well, time to come out of the closet, I guess. 
[/size]
                        Mouthwash bottles (scrupulously washed) are perfect for carrying. 
                       The sample size (45 ml) Listerine holds 3 TBS, the cap is the measure,
                       exactly 1Tbs. The next size up holds 24 Tbs, the cap measures exactly
                       2 Tbs.  Easy to take a quick shot any time, no tablespoon needed.
[/color]

But doesn't the lid get oily and leaky after your shot?  That seems to be my problem.  My Tupperware mini holds the oil fine until I open it to drink it, then the oil drips down the outside of the container.  The inside of my ziplock bag is always oily after my shot.  I carry oil to work with me every day this way. 

I'm taking the bottle and my mini for measuring, but getting a flavour-free window on vacation is a bit tougher.  Especially when visiting at someone else's home and eating/drinking on their schedule. 

multimoe

« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2007, 09:27:54 AM »

But doesn't the lid get oily and leaky after your shot?  That seems to be my problem.  My Tupperware mini holds the oil fine until I open it to drink it, then the oil drips down the outside of the container.  The inside of my ziplock bag is always oily after my shot.  I carry oil to work with me every day this way. 

I'm taking the bottle and my mini for measuring, but getting a flavour-free window on vacation is a bit tougher.  Especially when visiting at someone else's home and eating/drinking on their schedule. 
[/i][/color][/size]

True, but with lots of tissues handy, I have still found this
                          the most discreet method so far.  Of course, taking the oil
                          at bedtime, which I have been doing for some time, really
                          solves both problems.   I know this is not for everyone.

By the way, congratulations on your success and have a
                          wonderful vacation.  Your postings are inspirational.

shovelqueen

« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2007, 09:55:52 AM »

By the way, congratulations on your success and have a
                          wonderful vacation.  Your postings are inspirational.

Thanks Trina.  I think I may try for the afternoon shot, but if it doesn't work out, I'll try for bedtime, and just brush my teeth without flavour.  I'm not much of an evening eater, so this may be OK for the flavour-free window. 

Our friends out east love wine, and there will be a bottle open at every dinner.  That will be a challenge, too, as I almost never drink anything at home, but love the occasional glass of wine when away.  Oh well, if I can come home still in the 140 range, I guess I'll be happy with that.  You can bet I'm packing my running gear, and anticipating some really beautiful runs out by the ocean.

multimoe

« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2007, 10:10:10 AM »

Our friends out east love wine, and there will be a bottle open at every dinner. 
                   That will be a challenge, too, as I almost never drink anything at home, but love the
                   occasional glass of wine when away
                   Shovelqueen, enjoy your wine and all that goes with it.  I have just
                   slowed down from three weeks of indulgence, and have found that
                   my body can't wait to get back to SLD routine.  And the damage
                   was negligible, if at all, because the urge to just keep eating is not
                   there any more, as long we continue taking the oil. 

shovelqueen

« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2007, 05:25:07 PM »

Hi, everyone, I'm back!!

We covered about 4800 km in the past 9 days, almost 2000 in the past 2 days, driving from Central Ontario to Prince Edward Island, a tiny province on the Atlantic coast of Canada.  Holy cow, this is one FREAKING big country!!  Over the last 9 days, I have had up to three meals per day in restaraunts, stayed 5 days in the home/cottage of my amazing chef friend, and eaten like a queen - lobster, Atlantic salmon, mussels (some of which we picked ourselves from the ocean at low tide - cool!), scallops, oysters, clams.  Wine at every dinner.  Desserts, soup course before dinners, just a dizzying array of treats. 

I packed my oil and a measuring minicup and took my oil every day, sometimes when up to pee in the middle of the night, as that was the only possibility for a flavour-free window (due to all the hours spent in the car).  The second morning, when we were sitting in a swanky omlette restaraunt in Old Quebec City, after ordering only an order of bacon and an order of toast, my husband finally realized that I was eating differently (I used to LOVE the Big Breakfast Special), and asked why.  We spent the entire breakfast discussing the whole SLD concept, principles etc.  Bless his heart, he hadn't noticed the 14 lb weight loss, or that my pants were hanging off me - he just doesn't seem to care, loves me anyway, I guess.  For the next few hours of the drive, every 20 min or so, he'd ask another question about the diet, so I know his mind was mulling it all over in detail. 

Anyways, long story short, I ate everything I pleased, but definitely in smaller quantities than I would have otherwise, often sharing my meals, especially in restaraunts, with my teenaged boys. I will have the final verdict in the morning, but I jumped on the scale when I got home this evening - I was in the bathroom, what the heck! - and it looks like I may still be below 140 in the morning.  Wouldn't that be something!!

Now to read up on the 5!! pages of new messages you guys have written.  Nice to be back!

rps930

• Food For Fuel
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2007, 05:36:16 PM »

Welcome home SQ, sounds like a fab vacation!!  Good job on keeping the oil going.

hotlipshonnol

• Texas/Virginia
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2007, 06:35:19 PM »

Glad to see you back! My mouth is watering, thinking of all of that seafood...(and I used to hate fish...)
I don't care what consequence it brings, I have been a fool for lesser things...

falconcy

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2007, 07:01:44 PM »

Speaking of hating something and then just fancying it and having some, I had olive bread tonight ...I normally wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. I enjoyed it, though I doubt it would be legal in some countries due to the olive stones being present. You have to nibble it lest you get a stone between your teeth when least expecting it. A friend of mine actually broke a tooth eating it once.

shovelqueen

« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2007, 04:56:24 AM »

The post-holiday verdict - 140.0 lbs this morning.  Despite everything, up 0.5 lbs from the morning I left, and up only 1 lb from my lowest point of 139.0.  Hard to believe, but wonderful.  I'm estatic!. 

So back to routine and hopefully a nice steady slide down to goal over the next month.  I want to weigh 135 lbs by my half-marathon at the end of Sept.  That means carb-loading meals for the long training runs, but I can handle that.  Lots of great fresh local produce at this time of year. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 140   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18