Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Shovelqueen's SLD Adventure

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 140   Go Down

Author Topic: Shovelqueen's SLD Adventure  (Read 459079 times)

shovelqueen

Re: Shovelqueen's SDL Adventure
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2007, 04:48:44 AM »

It's check-in day again and the slippery slope continues - 141 lbs today and yesterday :D :D :D  That's 5 lbs for the month of July.  My next goal is 135 by Labour Day Weekend(first weekend in Sept, the day before the kids go back to school).  That's my ultimate goal, at least for now.  Much more and I'd have to start buying all new clothes :shock: 

I have the challenge this month of a 10 day family road trip to PEI this month, visiting my gourmet cook friend at her cottage by the ocean.  Oh, well, lots of seafood!!

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Starpirate

• California girl
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2007, 08:38:39 PM »

Way to go Shovelqueen!!!!!

Starpirate
Starpirate

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2007, 05:53:28 PM »

Yippeeee!!!  I saw the 145 number on my scale this morning!!!  OK, so it had an additional .5 behind it, but it was still 145!  I haven't seen that number for almost 2 years.  I managed to get to 145 just before a family trip to Europe 2 summers ago.  Of course, it was back up to 148 by the time I got home 2 weeks later.  If I lived in the land of heavenly and cheap cheese (I'm taking about Germany here), I think I'd weight 300 lbs!! 

Anyways, the first goal remains 145 or below by my birthday next Tuesday.  I'll be there, with bells on!!

I'm currently at the weight I was when I got married more than twenty years ago, wearing the same clothes (well, a few pairs of pants actually, that I didn't quite fit into and now I do).  I still look at pants before I put them on and still think "that's never going to fit over my butt" (I know, not the most refined thought, but I don't say it out loud).

Wish you well and hope you keep posting.

shovelqueen

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2007, 04:25:54 AM »

I've been at 140.5 the last 2 mornings, but today is 141, due to no dump yesterday.  I did check my percent body fat, though, and it's really showing progress.  I use the Tanita BF scale, and it gives varying results based on level of hydration.  Through lots of self-experimentation, I've figured out it's tricks, though.  At night, it will consistantly read 3%(!) lower body fat than it reads the very next morning, after dehydrating overnight. 

So, when I started, the scale read 31-32%BF at night, 34-35% in the morning.  Now, after 12 lbs weight loss, it reads 26% at night and 29% in the morning.  Last night, it actually said 25% the first time I did it, which floored me, so I recehecked, and got 26% the second time.  Means it's hovering at about 25.5.  WAHOO!!!! :D :D :D

Now I'm waiting with baited breath for my first glimpse of the 130's!  That will be a Happy Dance morning for sure, and you guys will be the first to hear about it! :D

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2007, 06:04:44 AM »

Now I'm waiting with baited breath for my first glimpse of the 130's!  That will be a Happy Dance morning for sure, and you guys will be the first to hear about

I'm sure that day is coming very soon!! Those scales are wonderful, heh? I measure my BF at the gym once a month. I lowered 3.2% in two months. You're doing just fine, congrats!!!  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

losing-it

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2007, 06:33:40 AM »

Wow, Shovelqueen! Melting off the body-butter. That's fantastic news! 

shovelqueen

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2007, 06:55:48 AM »

Thanks, guys. 

Now for more exciting news.  I just got finished registering for the Scotiabank Half Marathon in Toronto on Sept 28!  It's been a couple of years since I've done a half, so this is big!  I figure if I can run 14k now, and a 13k race on Monday, it's a short hop to 21k by the end of Sept.  OK, not so short a hop, but I'm up for it!! 8)

Been number-crunching this morning, and it appears that my lean body mass has increased slightly since starting SLD.  Depending on whether I use the night or morning BF numbers, my LBM is 101-105 lbs.  When I started the values were 99-100 lbs.  So, that's all good!! :D

shovelqueen

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2007, 04:01:54 AM »

Yesterday, I was congatulating Jasmyn for reaching the milestone of 145.  Today it's my turn!  The scale flashed 140.0 this morning!!! :D :D :D 

It's almost TOM, AND I host the big family picnic in my back yard today, so it may not stick there tomorrow morning, but I know that I'm officially at 140, and you couldn't wipe the grin off my face this morning if you tried!

I'm going to update my ticker - make it official!  13 lbs gone, 5 to go!

losing-it

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2007, 07:09:35 AM »

Fanfreakintasical! Way to take it off, Shovelqueen!

kayvan

• Going for six pack abs...
    • Kayvan's Calorie-Count.Com Journal
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2007, 09:42:47 AM »

Fantastic, shovelqueen!!! (Does the Happy Dance in honor of shovelqueen) :-) :-)

I'm going to be doing the happy-below-140.0-dance myself pretty soon (maybe even today, when I go weigh myself). This is the least I have weighed since my early twenties!

---Kayvan
Father, Husband, Writer, Software Geek.
My SLD Page

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2007, 06:50:58 AM »

Great news Shovelqueen!! Way to go!! YAY!!  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Starpirate

• California girl
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2007, 07:37:40 AM »

Super awesome.
Thank you for consistently posting.
You're showing the rest of us that this can be done!

Starpirate
Starpirate

shovelqueen

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2007, 10:31:26 AM »

I ran my 13K race this morning.  I was 141 lbs at 5 a.m. this morning, up 1 lb thanks to the family picnic (amazing) potluck and 1 beer.  I had coffee and about 4 little pieces of really good organic rye bread (leftovers) to carboload before the race.  Worked great - I had enough energy for the run.  I finished in 1:16:38, about a minute better than my last time 3 years ago.  No bad for being 3 years older!  It was a very humid day - 22 with a humidex of 29, 98% humidity, but a light breeze and the sun blessedly stayed behind intermittent clouds for all but about 45 seconds of the run.  And no Blisters!! For me that's big, as my funny shaped feet are prone to bisters at anything over about 10K.  I switched to new shoes only 2 days ago, so this was their big test.

After the race I bought myself a new running tank top, brilliant orange!  I'd been eyeing it up in the local running store, but it was really pricey.  So today it was at the race expo, and 40% off!  I figured I deserved a present for such a good showing, so I bought it.  They'll see me coming next time!

Had several friends and aquaintances make comments like, "You're looking really fit."  I just smiled and agreed that I was feeling 100%.  No mention of weight loss, I just hug that little secret to myself.

Great day all around!  And it's a holiday weekend here, too! 

Hope yours is as good.

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2007, 11:33:26 AM »

I'm in awe of you Shovelqueen! I'm done in after 1/2 hour brisk walk in high humidity! They would have to peel me off the street after 13k!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

kayvan

• Going for six pack abs...
    • Kayvan's Calorie-Count.Com Journal
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2007, 11:41:36 AM »

Wow! That is a great accomplishment. Congratulations!

I've been toying with the idea of getting into running. In fact, I have the Couch To 5K podcasts on my MP3 player (the 9-week program that works you slowly up to doing the 5K run). After a couple of runs, though, my left knee has a bit of a twinge in it, so I have to lay off for a few days.

I'll keep plugging away at it, though, since my knees have been feeling slightly better since I started my ELOO regimen. Maybe in a few more weeks I will start it up again.
Father, Husband, Writer, Software Geek.
My SLD Page
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 140   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18