Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Shovelqueen's SLD Adventure

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 [140]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shovelqueen's SLD Adventure  (Read 458676 times)

shovelqueen

Re: Shovelqueen's SLD Adventure
« Reply #2085 on: February 04, 2013, 04:07:30 AM »

I also thank you for your support of this forum. You've had as much effect as anyone, including me.

Thank you!  What a kind thing to say.  This forum and the SLD have been a major factor in my life in the past 6 years.  Started me on the path of renouncing the low-fat CW of my training and opening my mind to the power of the n=1 experiment.  I've read every post, every day since joining in 2007. 

Thank you, Seth, for sharing yourself and your knowledge so generously with us. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:26:21 AM by Seth Roberts »

"Strength, balance, joy!"

jj

« Reply #2086 on: February 04, 2013, 04:43:02 AM »

You have inspired me too. I am using olive oil again because it helps me sleep better, although not lose weight anymore.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #2087 on: February 04, 2013, 08:46:40 AM »

You have inspired me too. I am using olive oil again because it helps me sleep better, although not lose weight anymore.

You might get even better results from flaxseed oil swallowed nose-clipped.

babyhopes

« Reply #2088 on: February 21, 2013, 05:58:16 AM »

Thank you Shovelqueen for still being here and keeping on down the road to ideal weight and health. I 'ditto'  8) that you are a great inspiration. Are you still running? what is your SLD tactic?

Mcantri

« Reply #2089 on: May 01, 2013, 08:35:37 PM »

I am so excited that I found this forum. I got my book tonight started reading it but then started reading this thread and now I've been catching up from 2007... reading it for an hour and a half! I'm really excited to get started on this however I'm terrified to get on the scale and I'm still terrified to drink oil. I was thinking of starting with coconut oil but it doesn't seem to be what others are using? Do you definitely recommend the EL00 instead? Also what does AS mean? SQ -thanks for starting this thread and continuing it for so many years you're such an inspiration.

I plan to start by may 9th- new moon. ;)

M

Morex

« Reply #2090 on: May 02, 2013, 03:18:20 AM »

I am so excited that I found this forum. I got my book tonight started reading it but then started reading this thread and now I've been catching up from 2007... reading it for an hour and a half! I'm really excited to get started on this however I'm terrified to get on the scale and I'm still terrified to drink oil. I was thinking of starting with coconut oil but it doesn't seem to be what others are using? Do you definitely recommend the EL00 instead? Also what does AS mean? SQ -thanks for starting this thread and continuing it for so many years you're such an inspiration.

I plan to start by may 9th- new moon. ;)

M

Hey! Welcome to Shangri-la!

AS means Apetite Supression. I strongly suggest you read the FAQ at least a couple of times. It will help you understand a lot of things.

http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=3398.0

Also, don't wait to read the book.

On a personal note, don't be afraid to experiment. It might take you some weeks to find what works for you. But like in other aspects of life, patience and constancy are extremely important.

Good luck!

Mcantri

« Reply #2091 on: May 02, 2013, 05:06:05 PM »

Thank you Morex! Will do...  :)

shovelqueen

« Reply #2092 on: September 11, 2013, 03:43:29 AM »

Hi, all.  I'm back in the land of Shangri La after a significant absence.  My weight is almost in my happy place, floating in the lower 140's all summer, usually 141-142, popping up after social weekends.  But I want the mid 130's and I'm on a renewed push for the last 5-8 lbs.  In 3 1/2 weeks, we fly to Europe for a 2 week vacation, visiting extended family in Germany and enjoying a 5 day stay in Paris.

So I started oilshots again 2 days ago and the AS is mild but noticable.  I'm using 1 tbsp MCT oil and 1 tbsp ELOO.  In a stroke of genius, I set my sports watch to alarm every day at 2:15 p.m., a time that works for me almost every day.  I eat lunch at work at 12:30, so I'm done by 1 or shortly after.  This way, I have no excuses that the time slips away from me and then it's too late, or something else gets in the way.  I'm pretty much garanteed an adequate flavour-free window at that time of day.   I don't know why I didn't think of this before. 

I love the abundance of local fresh produce at this time of year.  We are so blessed to live in a land of plenty!

In other exciting news, I have started with a personal trainer with the goal to get into either lifting or serious bodyweight exercise.  Right now, we're working on posture and alignment with gentle floormat exercises and I see a chiropractor tomorrow for further spinal alignment issues.  I"m excited to have the support.

Morex

« Reply #2093 on: September 11, 2013, 07:42:33 AM »

Hey! Welcome back!

That trips sounds like it was awesome. I'm sure that you'll shave off those pounds nice and steady.

Yes, natural food rocks this time of year. Here in my city we have a huge amount of nice and delicious fruit and I couldn't be happier :)

I'm all for bananas, apples, pears, grapes, cantaloup and avocado!

I'm glad you are exercising. If you don't mind me making suggestions, try yoga. I have found nothing better for posture, back and joints.

Keep that oil flowing!

Gelsemium

« Reply #2094 on: September 15, 2013, 03:35:44 PM »

It's good to see you back again! I've enjoyed reading your posts over on the SLD thread at Mark's Daily Apple forums.

Start date: 8/8/13

shovelqueen

« Reply #2095 on: September 16, 2013, 04:19:40 AM »

Thanks, G!  What's your username on MDA?  I'll look for you. 

My weight remains unchanged, but I've managed the oil for about 5/7 days this past week.  I'm noticing that I can go longer periods without eating, but I'm still allowing myself to eat as much as before when I do eat.  Gotta stop that.  When I was so successful the first time, I could eat half a plate and sit looking at the remainder in front of me for the rest of the meal. 

Gelsemium

« Reply #2096 on: September 18, 2013, 04:37:42 PM »

I've been a lurker on MDA for years but never created an account!  :P

Start date: 8/8/13

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 [140]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18