sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The wonderful thing about SLD is that you don't have to actually restrict yourself.  There has never been a point during the last 6 months where I felt like I was being restricted in what I could eat.  I have been eating healthier, for sure, but that's a side effect of the AS for me, not because I'm trying to avoid "bad" foods.  And there are plenty of times when I eat the same old crap I always used to eat, just much much much less of it! -- goblyn

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 140   Go Down

Author Topic: Shovelqueen's SLD Adventure  (Read 176969 times)

frenata

• mustela frenata
Re: Shovelqueen's SDL Adventure
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 06:55:07 am »

When you hit it, make sure to brag on yourself in a Personal Milestones thread. We all get a kick out of that.
Running weight tally:

shovelqueen

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 09:01:08 am »

Ah, eureka moment.  The reference to "Personal Milestones" board lost me, and I just figured out what  "child boards" are.  Thanks for the suggestion, frenata.  BTW, I love your sense of humour in your posts.  You crack me up!

"Strength, balance, joy!"

shovelqueen

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 04:08:14 pm »

Well, an update.  Several interesting observations in the past week.  I've continued to take 2 tbsp canola in mid p.m., getting good AS.  A couple of days, today included, I didn't get the oil in until almost suppertime, because of being out all afternoon.  I down the oil as soon as I'm home, then have to make dinner for the family without even tasting so much as a crumb for the next hour.  I only remembered to add the salt and pepper to one of the dishes tonight as it was going to the table, because of no tasters.

My exercise tolerance has dropped off iin the last week, probably due to the fact that there are meals when I eat much fewer carbs, particularly the grains.  I ran my block on Sat (10.5 km, 6.5 mi), a perfect conditions morning, and ran out of gas after about 45 minutes.  Two weeks ago, I could run the block no probs, even up the hills without stopping.  I had to walk chunks of it on Sat.  This happened once before, about 3 years ago, when I tried Atkins.  I had run a half marathon 2 weeks before, and by the end of the first week on Atkins, I could not run 1 mile on a treadmill.  It was dramatic!!  (Dietitians love to trash Atkins, so I decided to try it before I said anything.)  I lost about 12 lbs, regained once I reintroduced carbs, and would not recommend it professionally.  How can a diet say that foods like oatmeal, yams or mangos are bad for you?  Doesn't make sense to me - my two cents worth, please don't take offence.

I'm now trying to make sure that there are some complex carbs in every meal, not just the last one before my run.  Hope it will help, because I want to do a 13 km(8mi) race in early August, so I have to get my endurance back up.  And running that race at ~140 lbs, my new monthly goal, will feel like a million bucks!!

Today, I was sanding an old deck chair, and went up to get into work clothes.  I put on a pair of pants that were totally unwearable a few months ago.  Still snug, but no probs. Yahoo!

Tomorrow is my birthday goal weight day.  I'll let you know how it goes.

losing-it

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 06:19:43 pm »

Happy Birthday, Shovelqueen
What a nice birthday present...to be losing weight and shrinking inches, and wearing clothes that you've not been able to wear awhile!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 01:40:46 pm by losing-it »

shovelqueen

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 10:32:25 am »

Today is the big B-Day (my 47th), and I was hoping to get to 145 by my birthday.  Got on the scales this morning to see one of those occasional upward blips.  I was perfect yesterday, but the scale registered up .5 this a.m. to 146.  Oh, well, figures the blip would happen on the one day I was really hoping it would say 145.  Well, I know it's out there, and not too far into the future either. 

This morning, after depositing all three kids where they needed to go, I went to the local HUGE farmer's/flea market to wander around.  Don't usually have Tuesdays free, so this was an exception.  So much local produce - strawberries, raspberries, cherries, broccoli, green onions, green peas and greenbeans, greens galore!  It's quite early in the season yet for our northerly region, but WOW, it's great to see fresh produce.  Lunch consisted of fresh raw green beans, eaten like candy, chased down by fresh green peas.  I had no desire to buy the poorer choices, like bulk candies, sausage on a bun or Mennonite baking.  Just the fresh stuff.  AS is a real money-saver in that situation. 

Giving myself this weight loss has been the best birthday present by far.  The rest is just bonus!!

Next goal is 140 by end of July. 

Have a great day, all!! :D

Magpie

• It's not a sparrow. It's a bird with attitude.
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 12:15:27 pm »

H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y  toooooo youuuuu,  H A P P Y    B I R T H D A Y  toooooo yooooouuuuu, H A P P Y .......................
Oh heck Shovelqueen, you know how the rest of it goes - and the sentiments that go with it too!!  Best wishes for a great day and a fabulous new year !!   :D

shovelqueen

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 04:42:19 am »

I was right about the blip.  Weight is 145.5 this a.m.  I FEEL thinner, and that feels great. 

Birthday dinner was planned and orchestrated by me, but made by the boys, so I had a great (appropriate) meal.  My DH was at work (he works long and hard), so I picked up son#1 from driver's ed, and we grabbed two BBQ chickens from the local grocery store.  Once home, one son cleaned and ripped romaine, the other made my (really AWESOME) home-made Caesar salad dressing, and I chopped up the chickens.  Voila, yummy dinner.  No dessert, which suits me fine.  DH walked in the door with a huge bouquet of flowers. 

Overall, a nice day.  I must say, I love my life, busy as it is.  I'm blessed with a great family, a good job, a lovely home, a great country, good health, and now control over one of the last variables - my extra weight!!  Doesn't get much better.

A quote from my favourite "Adam" cartoon.  "Success is getting what you want.  Happiness is liking what you get."

I'm on the last day of my holidays today - I'm going to make it count.

Sweden

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2007, 09:26:35 am »

Happy birthday and congratulations on your success so far!!!

Magpie

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2007, 12:18:15 pm »

......the other made my (really AWESOME) home-made Caesar salad dressing......

Not fair Shovelqueen!  We're all willing to share our pearls of wisdom, any chance you might share this recipe?

shovelqueen

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2007, 02:12:12 pm »

Of course.  I'll type it into the Recipe Forum later tonight.  Right now supper is cooking, and hungry teenagers are circling like vultures.

Magpie

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2007, 02:18:29 pm »

:D

shovelqueen

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 04:55:55 am »

I broke the 145 mark this morning!!! :D :D  I could tell yesterday it was happening, diuresis or something, and before I went to bed, I got ravenous, not-feeling-well kinda hungry, so I ate one little flatbread with cheddar cheese, then off to bed.  Scale said 144.5 this morning!!!  Yeah, yeah, yeah!! 

I'm back to work today after 1 1/2 weeks of holiday.  Work clothes feel looser - I feel great.  Not enough that anyone would notice except me, but I'm sure noticing!  It feels fabulous!

Onwards to the next goal - 140 by the end of the month.  My oil is packed into my lunchbox.

Nufftin

• A work in progress
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2007, 05:54:33 am »

Yes, that is the key. When the munchies hit before bedtime to have just enough to calm the tummy, rather than the whole box of Nutter Butters.

Congrats! And keep going!

Conquering myself until/I see another hurdle approaching
Say we can, say we will/Not just another drop in the ocean.

Magpie

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2007, 12:40:51 pm »

Congrats Shovelwqueen!! Isn't it wonderful to now have the confidence that you WILL get there with SLD!

shovelqueen

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2007, 03:20:15 am »

Congrats Shovelwqueen!! Isn't it wonderful to now have the confidence that you WILL get there with SLD!

Yes, part of my brain still feels like it's waiting for the other shoe to drop, and the hunger and weight to reverse, but then I have to remind myself that this time is different. And it really is!

144.0 yesterday and today.  And I went out for my anniversary dinner last night to a nice restaraunt.  I was DD, so no beer, but shared calimari with DH and then had Asian salad with fried noodles and almonds, lots of crunchy bits - it was delicious.  Outside patio, great ambiance, handsome husband (of 22 yrs!), musical entertainment - there are so many great things that are not food related.  Wore a little dress, quite fitted, that tugged at the hips when I bought it a few yrs ago, and floats nicely over my body now. I felt sexy!

BTW, I tried to update my 3 fat chicks ticker yesterday, and was unable to.  When I clicked on the ticker, it sent me to their homepage, not a ticker page, and I could not find the tickers no-how, even using the site-specific search function.  Finally got fed up and changed to tickerfactory, but I did like my old ticker better.  Anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 140   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18