Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Sabrina's progress

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sabrina's progress  (Read 3044 times)

sstinnett

Sabrina's progress
« on: May 23, 2006, 11:00:27 AM »

I stumbled onto this plan last Friday and after doing some initial reading about the basics, I decided to give it a try.  I've been working out roughly four days a week for the last month and doing pretty well about eating better without much success.  I'm 5"5", and, depending on the day, about 165 lbs.  I'd like to lose at least 25 lbs., (lol - depending on how I look in the mirror), but I didn't want to turn to some diet that kept you having to really count calories or worry about sticking to certain food groups, and after reading about Seth's reasoning about why this works (and how cheap it was to try), I figured it was worth a shot.

I started with the sugar water that morning which went down just fine, but man!  All it did was make me REALLY hungry and a slight bit shaky.  So on my lunch break, I went down and bought a bottle of ELOO to try for the afternoon dose.  Taking it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be, and I've found in the few days I've been following this plan it's much easier to swallow pouring it straight back down my throat from an empty glass vanilla extract bottle (thouroughly washed and aired out, of course - also makes it really easy to stash in my purse).

As for how it's working...  So far, so good.  The last time I weighed myself before starting (on Friday morning), I was at 166.4 lbs. This morning I was at 163.6 lbs.  I realize it could be just the newness of the plan, but I'm pretty optomistic.  I haven't been feeling the urge to snack between meals, I've been getting fuller faster, and this morning I think that the needing less sleep effect is starting to kick in - I laid in bed fairly awake for almost an hour before the alarm went off - which is great for the days I go to the gym, because I go before work. 

I'll keep posting as I go along, and congrats to all of you who are finding success with this program!   :D

lynnkyle

Re: Sabrina's progress
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 05:14:50 PM »

Hi Sabrina,
We're in similar places. I'm 5'5, and 9 days ago I began at 159 pounds. This morning I was at 156 and I'm experiencing a dramatic disinterest in food. I had some old ketone test strips left over from my failed Atkins diet, and noticed today that I'm definitely in ketosis. Which makes sense given how little I eat now. 

I'm doing two tbsp of ELOO every day around lunchtime and finding it working extremely well for me. I started with sugar last week, but immediately seemed to gain two pounds by the second day.

Anyway, good luck to you!
Lynn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18