Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Tropical Diva's Journey Reposted

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tropical Diva's Journey Reposted  (Read 4283 times)

Tropical Diva Tx

Tropical Diva's Journey Reposted
« on: June 21, 2007, 09:10:55 AM »

I think I previously posted this on the wrong topic so I am moving it here:

I am a 46 yr old Female and for the past few months I have been working out with a trainer and also run/walking a LOT!  I'm up to about 10 miles a week.  Unfortunately, I keep gaining weight!  I eat pretty good some days and pretty bad on others.  My problem is my appetite and binge eating.  I discovered this "diet" and forum a few days ago and am very encouraged.  I have not told my husband or those I'm close to about this because I feel they will shoot it down and say it's "silly" and won't work.  ( The power of suggestion is well, powerful).  So anyway... I've never been much of a journaler or blogger but I am feeling compelled to expose myself to this group/forum.  From what it  looks like, the SLD really does work and I'm going to give it a good try!!  I am not going to do any specific diet other than to try to eat right. And I HOPE my appetite will GO AWAY!!!!   In 2000 I weighed about what I do now, but I lost weight and got down to a size 8 at one point. Now, in the past 6 months I've gained 30 lbs.  This just SUCKS!!  I don't know if my metabolism is getting slower because of age or what.   Anyway....  here goes:
I am going to start with a mix of ELOO and Essential Woman's oil with SW chaser in the am and also in the PM before I go to bed.

June 17, 2007

Start weight - 182
Goal weight - 155

June  21, 2007   I'm giving this an honest try.  I don't think I've noticed an incredible difference in my appetite other than the first day.  One thing I did notice is that My head tells me I'm hungry but when I've really thought about it or looked in the fridge to see what to eat, nothing appeals to me.  This tells me I'm somewhat of an emotional eater, so wether or not I'm hungry I still want to eat. 

Nothing to wear

Re: Tropical Diva's Journey Reposted
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 11:39:34 AM »

Hi Tropical Diva

Welcome! Binge-eating is a problem for me also. I've only been on SLD for 6 days but in that time I haven't felt the compulsion.

You are right about the power of suggestion. If anyone does ask you about the olive oil you could say it is a supplement for your skin and nails and that would not be a lie! People are so quick to jump all over anything weight-loss related but might not say as much if you give a different reason.

--Sarah
what I'm wearing (6/07): large burqa-like skirts and t-shirts

Goal outfit: (hope to fit in these by 10/15/07) old favorite pair of size () jeans and favorite blue sweater with irridescent beads at collar and cuffs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18